FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint mayoral recall effort hits snag

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=3896146
This is what gets me. I didn't support the Stanely recall and I wouldn;'t support a recall to remove Don either. We voted him in. Let him finish his term. while I am greatly dissappointed with the Mayor. We still voted him in for FOUR years. I've talked to many people like my self that have felt hood winked by the same things I've been railing about. I doubt he will get in a second term. Too many people dissatified.
Now for my second thought.

quote:

The Genesee County Elections Commission reviewing the language felt the first sentence referencing evictions and lease agreements would be too vague for the general public to understand and didn't approve the language for circulation.

If that language was so vague? Wait until you read the wording on the ballot for Proposa; 1 and 2. LOL It is so hard to write when I'm laughing this hard. they worded it so terribly. That that so far I'm at 100% NO VOTES on both proposals on the elderly that I've talked to so far. Which because of the wording. I'm doubting that either proposal will pass. Becuase these people with elderly folks with the absentee ballots. That I've tlaked ot so far. Didn't really intend on voting the way they did. No one explained to them exactly what they were voting on. the gentleman I talked to yesterday. Was a bit miffed when I explained how he had actually voted.
Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is this really news?? I think not!!
It equates to a female unhappy with her boss filing a sexual harassment case. What a joke!! Laughing
Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford

I'm not that disappointed with the mayor. Are you going to run for mayor Ted? The mayor must have some pretty strong support though. Look what he was able to do with the city council elections especially in the fourth ward. We'll never have a perfect mayor but at least Don has made some positive improvements. I don't understand why you would waste your time and file a recall with only one year left in the term?
Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:47 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Adam, C'mon man. What has HE ACTUALLY DONE! NO accountablity, Keeps painting the same buildings every week. But refuses to do anything about preventing it in the first place. Oh and in the foruth ward. The forth ward votes to spend Flint tax dollars buying Garbage trucks from a business near detroit. And not from the one in the Fourth WARD!!! Which hired FLINT contractors to remodel their building when they could have sused the ones that remodeled their other buildings. Hires Flint residents, and Pays Flint taxes. I do not understnd your logic. Everytime you've said something I've given you what I thought were pretty simple examples of how The Mayor and Current city council have said one thing and done another. So what is more positive in the Foruth ward now than before? Does Don and Sandy have someone from the city coming over and shovling your side walk? I don't get it.
Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: