FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Walling is trying to shut down Hoffman's Deco Deli

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Mayor Walling is taking one of the bright spots of downtown Flint to court. His administration is taking Nick Hoffman of Hoffman's Deli and Antique Center to court and seeking a injunction to close his doors later this month. The city says that Mr. Hoffman is in violation of building ordinances and the building is a threat to the public safety for not having enough emergencies exits. The court date is set for later this month. Hoffman's Deli and Carriage Town Antique Center have been attracting people from all over the city and state to downtown Flint.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:38 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Maybe STAT contributed & Hoffman didn't.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:43 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

If there is a violation of the ordinances, then I think it is fine that the building codes be enforced. Most citizens want to see the codes enforced. But do it equally across the board. EMS was given a cease and desist order to quit building before the addition was up. Administration thinks they sidestepped the issue, but it isn't just local ordinances and codes that apply. There are also state laws that pertain to historic districts and EMS is in violation. I have heard the people who filed the complaint are not done with this yet. I hope they pursue this to the end. Just because you hosted a political fundraiser should not exempt you from the law.

Last edited by ConcernedCitizen on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Thomas Jefferson
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:02 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Hoffman's and Carriage Town Antique Centre are destination places for this town and a HUGE bright spot for our neighborhood. I hope that the Mayor will work with small business and get this worked out outside of the court room.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

The following statement is directly from Hoffman's Facebook page. Saw it on there today.

"No rumors and nothing to worry about. And it's actually about the antique center's occupancy permit which will be takn care of once are expansion plans go in affect."

So they are not shutting down, they are actually expanding. More made-up drama that helps no one. Thanks mole.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:53 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: