FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Walling getting around the clock police protection
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

The taxpayers may not get a police officer when they call the police but the mayor is getting around the clock protection. Residents are outraged and very upset especially during this economic crisis. I think its terrible especially when some of the officers are getting overtime and double time.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:03 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

I would bet the entire East Village area is sleeping easier knowing because Walling is there they now got better protection. Now everyone else has to find themselves a city offical to move into the other neighborhoods so they can have the same level of protection.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:58 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
The taxpayers may not get a police officer when they call the police but the mayor is getting around the clock protection. Residents are outraged and very upset especially during this economic crisis. I think its terrible especially when some of the officers are getting overtime and double time.

Yeah, after the crap you pulled he probably felt threatened and had to because of some guy leaving weird messages on his answering machine...wonder why he feels like he has to have more security...eyeroll.

Like I said before, whether you like him or not, he deserves a modicum of privacy in his own home.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Andi, Mayor Walling's home address is public record. It is requested at city hall often and given out.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The media often reports on public officials homes, especially Mayors.

Williamson hired off duty police for security at his special functions, especially his halloween events with thousands of kids.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:56 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

The law department today was asked about this and addresses/phone numbers are a matter public record. The City Council office has a list of the council members, their respective wards,term,address and contact info. It has been a matter of concern for Walling and it's something that he can't do nothing about. One to two officers will be stationed outside the mayors house when a request is made by him.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The empty house next door is only 10ft from my house, & I worry about what might happen if it burns. Can I request a fire truck & 4 firefighters be stationed in front of the empty house 24/7? Oh, yeah, run a line from the truck to the hydrant at the corner, so they'll be ready. Maybe a couple cops, too, to keep an eye on the drug house down the street.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Only if you are a roads scholar?
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:19 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Maybe I haven't moved down enough roads like Walling has - DC, Minnesota, Flint......

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

This is absolutely outrageous! The entire city has to settle for a handful of officers, but Walling has his own personal officer. That is BS. He made this mess, he should have to live with it like the rest of us. He doesn't pay any extra taxes, he shouldn't get any extra protection.

It's too bad Walling doesn't have the Cajones to get on Flint Talk and respond to accusations and give explanations. And don't tell me he doesn't have time. Take some of his Twitter time and spend it on Flint Talk and he would have plenty of time.

Walling reminds me of people who open businesses because they think it would be fun, but once in business, they realize they don't have a clue how to run a business.

Walling, Rhodes Scholar, idiot!

Thomas Jefferson
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:04 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

isn't the former mayor of DC in jail?
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:32 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:
Andi, Mayor Walling's home address is public record. It is requested at city hall often and given out.

Certain actions don't make things right and the ends don't necessarily justify the means, do they.

I don't like what he's doing at all, I'll be the first to admit it. Like I stated before, a modicum of privacy should be expected and honored...not stalking.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:20 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Andi I disagree! A mayor is a public official and should be readily available to the public. Mole has mentioned numerous times people camping out in the mayors office to wait to talk to the mayor. It has been said by Mole that some people wait from 9 am till 5pm without seeing the mayor
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:23 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I wonder what da mayors stand is on honest folks having the means of personal protection available via CPL and legal firearm ownership? Since he is a democrat and the fact is democrats are much more likely than others to think stricter gun control would reduce violent crime. anyone ever hear his take on the subject?

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:45 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
Andi I disagree! A mayor is a public official and should be readily available to the public. Mole has mentioned numerous times people camping out in the mayors office to wait to talk to the mayor. It has been said by Mole that some people wait from 9 am till 5pm without seeing the mayor

All the mayor has to do is use the back stair case to go up to the other floors or down to the basement or the garage.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:54 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: