FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Walling's new Citizen Help Hotline
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

just called them

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:31 pm 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

I agree with Andi .This.Looks to me like more Public Relations baloney from D.W.and his crew .
I went to one "Neighborhood Action" meeting.Lots of charts and little orange stickers to put on our chosen priorities,had some potatoe chips and LemonAid (KoolAid ?).It seemed to me that the moderators focused the discussion away from important issues (Police and Fire layoffs ) I Left with the feeling that it was all a waste of time,maybe the Mayor got some talking points .( all was recorded )
Politicians have used public meetings and hot lines for years as information mines, they bamboozle their constituents into thinking that their concerns mean something.Its all very cathartic.
Keep the lights on.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:14 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

This is great, I just left a message about some illegal dumping near my home.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
This is great, I just left a message about some illegal dumping near my home.

Let us know if anything gets done about it.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Crowfeeder schreef:
I agree with Andi .This.Looks to me like more Public Relations baloney from D.W.and his crew .
I went to one "Neighborhood Action" meeting.Lots of charts and little orange stickers to put on our chosen priorities,had some potatoe chips and LemonAid (KoolAid ?).It seemed to me that the moderators focused the discussion away from important issues (Police and Fire layoffs ) I Left with the feeling that it was all a waste of time,maybe the Mayor got some talking points .( all was recorded )
Politicians have used public meetings and hot lines for years as information mines, they bamboozle their constituents into thinking that their concerns mean something.Its all very cathartic.
Keep the lights on.

WHAT? No pizza or antipasto salad? Somebody must not like your ward.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Crowfeeder schreef:
Keep the lights on.

thats dayne walling for you crow
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:14 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

i just called again and left a message about how upet i am with all these fires
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:55 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

That simply isn't true!
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:
That simply isn't true!

What isn't true?
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:48 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Glad there is a place taking complaints and responding. My neighbor said she left a message and the problem was resolved the next day!
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:34 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

So is Derrick gone for publishing a published phone #?
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:33 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Heck no I am here and the information of an elected official is public knowledge
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
Heck no I am here and the information of an elected official is public knowledge

Okay, let's put it this Derrick. You're a fool. How is that? Even though you despise the man and a lot of other people do, there is a fine line as to what you have done. Everyone, whether they are the janitor, teacher, senator, township trustee, Lady GaGa and even the mayor, deserve a place to call home where they do not feel threatened by people acting weird like you have done. Politics aside.

ALL POLITICS

Can you imagine the way you made his wife feel? Especially for the safety of his children....

You're a fool....
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:32 am 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

I agree
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:42 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:

Okay, let's put it this Derrick. You're a fool. How is that? Even though you despise the man and a lot of other people do, there is a fine line as to what you have done. Everyone, whether they are the janitor, teacher, senator, township trustee, Lady GaGa and even the mayor, deserve a place to call home where they do not feel threatened by people acting weird like you have done. Politics aside.

ALL POLITICS

Can you imagine the way you made his wife feel? Especially for the safety of his children....

You're a fool....

It comes with the territory!
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:19 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: