FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Can't afford police, but need a green Czar!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Ok, when my house was shot 8 times earlier this week, the officer that responded told us that day was his last day. He told us the shooter was probably aiming for the drug house across the street. Yeah, they know it's a drug house but they don't have the money or resources to do anything about it. He collected the shell casings, but told us it was unlikely that they would catch who did it. They don't have the manpower to pursue it. It took him an hour to come to us, because he was on another call. The shooter didn't even bother to drive by. Our good hardworking neighbors were in their back yard, they said the guy just jogged up and started shooting. Not even in a hurry, knowing full well he wouldn't be caught. This was all before noon.

We can't afford the police, but the mayor has found it in the budget to hire a Green Czar to make sure we are all recycling! Are you kidding me!

Here is my suggestion: Give every resident of flint a tax rebate to purchase handguns and semiautomatics from the local pawn shops. Offer incentives to use recycled materials to turn their homes into fortresses complete with high concrete walls, razor wire and sniper towers. If we are going to become a war zone, we should look the part. But hey, if we use recycled materials for this and recycle shell casings, getting rid of the police and adding the budget expense of a green czar will have all been worth it.
Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:07 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Using Keith Speers calculations from an earlier thread, we could have almost 4 officers for the cost of the Green czar Montle and Communications Director Dawn Jones.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:55 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I mentioned this earlier but ill bet you could tour city hall or the Mccree building and find many overpaid underworked basically useless folks sitting on their butts doing pretty much nothing except giving you that WHAT YOU WANT stupid Look.

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:47 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Using Keith Speers calculations from an earlier thread, we could have almost 4 officers for the cost of the Green czar moltle and Communications Director Dawn Jones.

We can't overlook the fact that Affirmative Action is alive and well in the Walling admin. Would he be so protective of this position of Jones if it was occupied by some white guy?
Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:49 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

And don't forget the green Czar admitted to some form of communications with richard Short of RASCO (should have been RASCAL)
Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:09 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Lacy Dayne don't care about you!

quote:
lacyw schreef:
Ok, when my house was shot 8 times earlier this week, the officer that responded told us that day was his last day. He told us the shooter was probably aiming for the drug house across the street. Yeah, they know it's a drug house but they don't have the money or resources to do anything about it. He collected the shell casings, but told us it was unlikely that they would catch who did it. They don't have the manpower to pursue it. It took him an hour to come to us, because he was on another call. The shooter didn't even bother to drive by. Our good hardworking neighbors were in their back yard, they said the guy just jogged up and started shooting. Not even in a hurry, knowing full well he wouldn't be caught. This was all before noon.

We can't afford the police, but the mayor has found it in the budget to hire a Green Czar to make sure we are all recycling! Are you kidding me!

Here is my suggestion: Give every resident of flint a tax rebate to purchase handguns and semiautomatics from the local pawn shops. Offer incentives to use recycled materials to turn their homes into fortresses complete with high concrete walls, razor wire and sniper towers. If we are going to become a war zone, we should look the part. But hey, if we use recycled materials for this and recycle shell casings, getting rid of the police and adding the budget expense of a green czar will have all been worth it.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:21 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Alex Harris addressed council on march 22nd (video aired today) and stated montle the Green Czar was bragging about the role he and Walling played in the RASCO fiasco. They took it to Tim Herman who then took it to the state. The state may have erroneously thought Flint had done the appropriate background checks.

Nick singelis made an articulate statement against some of the Walling administration practices. He also pointed out how the Regional Chamber of Commerce and Tim Herman produced very little for the money they expend on salaries alone. Hermans compensation from his job and other sources is over $200,000 a year.
Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:43 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
I mentioned this earlier but ill bet you could tour city hall or the Mccree building and find many overpaid underworked basically useless folks sitting on their butts doing pretty much nothing except giving you that WHAT YOU WANT stupid Look.

Well when it comes to the McCree building Twotap , the terms "useless" so closely connected to "McCree building" seem to be redudant. City Hall is filled with surly people ( and this experience (s) I am referring to is before the recent rounds of financial woes, so no one should try to offer that up as a defense) and the Flint Police have always been ,for the most part, incompetent, rude and all around useless. But at lest having an actual person come out only to shrug their shoulder in ignorance and look blankly at you had some comfort. They would usually at least offer to fill out a report so you could file with your insurance company. Now they ( I hear) won't even do that much. But that is no problem now, getting insurance is damn near a miracle for Flint residents anyway. Things just keeping getting better (said with a smirk of irony, can you pick up on that? )
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:37 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

at tonight's council meeting there was discussion about a new energy grant and how part of it was set aside for recycling. Freeman asked if the "green czar" was included in the implementation of the grant. When Eason said it was being discussed, Freeman told him to go back to the mayor and tell him they (council) weren't interested in using grant money for the mayor's friends and political supporters.

Holy S--t!
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:18 pm 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

Cause its the mayors budddyy

quote:
lacyw schreef:

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:59 pm 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Well, well Mr. Freeman,

I must say I am impressed. If what untangling webs says is true, It's nice to know a few council members that will still call a turd a turd. If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd, it must be a turd. Good for you Josh, I'm glad some of the council members know when something stinks and aren't afraid to say it stinks. Cronieism needed to stop a while ago, it just nice somebody is saying.... no more cronies. Mr. Freeman's reply to Eason sounded a little more PC than mine might have been. Some people might have felt it was wrong for Freeman to tell Eason and the mayor to shove it up their collective a$$es, so good for you Josh!
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:51 am 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

What about Mr. Montle makes him unqualified and inexperience? I may be wrong, but if I have a friend, someone I know on a personal basis whom I can trust, who will tell me the truth and not what I want to hear; someone who was the Flint River Watershed Coalition executive director and the Genesee Conservation District director; someone with a college degree, I would have them on my team, especially in a position like a Green City Cordinator.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:05 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Given the dire financial straits the city is in, do we NEED a "Green Coordinator" I'd much rather see another cop or 2 on the street than Mr. Green Jeans sitting in city hall.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

I'd rather see someone working full time in City hall trying to bring jobs and companies to the city that will expand our tax base, increase energy efficiencies to save money on energy costs, so we can hire and save more cops; in addition to working restore our industrial sites for better uses.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:09 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Who would situate a business in a city that's not safe, or perceived as not safe?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: