FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Another one bites the dust.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Mr. Greg Eason couldn't take it anymore and fired yet another secretary. Theresa is now gone and a new innocent lady has been hired.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Eason is married to Karen Aldridge, daughter of the founders of Foss Avenue Baptist. Karen Aldridge was big in the Mott Foundation
Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:
Eason is married to Karen Aldridge, daughter of the founders of Foss Avenue Baptist. Karen Aldridge was big in the Mott Foundation

You are wrong, she doesn't work for MOTT
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Governor Granholm names Aldridge-Eason to be Foundation Liaison

March 24, 2003

www.michiganlanduse.org

At the first meeting of the state’s new Land Use Leadership Council Governor Jennifer M. Granholm today announced the appointment of Karen Aldridge-Eason as her Foundation Liaison. Aldridge-Eason will serve as a policy advisor who will strengthen relationships between Michigan’s foundation community and state departments to advance initiatives outlined by the Granholm Administration.

The appointment marks the first time that the State of Michigan has established a formal partnership with the private sector to strengthen and further state initiatives. As the Foundation Liaison, Aldridge-Eason will focus on the Michigan Land Use Leadership Council and the Project Great Start early childhood initiative.

“In a time of tight resources, this is a creative opportunity to improve services for all Michigan residents through increased cooperation and new partnerships between state government and private foundations,” Granholm said today.

“Having the chance to work on advancing early childhood learning and better management of our land resources is both an opportunity and a challenge I am eager to take on, ” added Aldridge-Eason.

Aldridge-Eason is currently a program director for the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation where she is responsible for monitoring $10 to $20 million in Mott Foundation grants that support local programs in the Flint area. Prior to joining the Mott Foundation in 1994, she was Director of the Office of Health and Human Services for the Michigan Department of Management and Budget.

Aldridge-Eason is a graduate of the University of Michigan and holds a Master’s of Public Administration degree from Western Michigan University.

The Mott Foundation has made Aldridge-Eason a loaned executive to the state.

“Karen brings a wonderful blend of public service and philanthropic experience to our administration,” Granholm said. “She is the right person for the right time who will help us build important partnerships for many of our initiatives, including land use and early childhood development.”

As Granholm’s Foundation Liaison, Aldridge-Eason will be responsible for:

Increasing state officials’ understanding of philanthropy and the potential roles it can play in partnership with state government;
Supporting models that improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of state government;
Responding to opportunities for new local and regional public/private partnerships that better serve populations in the implementation of government programs; and
Attracting new national grants and federal dollars to Michigan.
“We are pleased to partner with Governor Granholm and the Michigan foundation community by providing a loaned executive to fill this new position,” said William S. White, Mott Foundation President. “Karen’s skills and her past experiences in both state government and philanthropy make her uniquely qualified for this role.”

According to David Campbell, Chairman of the Council of Michigan Foundations Board of Directors, Aldridge-Eason’s appointment is just the latest example of the foundation community’s support for state programs.

"Michigan's foundation community has a long history of partnering with state government. With Karen's background in both state government and philanthropy, we are excited about the potential of the Foundation Liaison position."

Granholm explained that the Foundation Liaison position builds on many years of close cooperation between the foundation and previous Governors in strengthening the nonprofit sector and the environment for giving and volunteering in Michigan. For example, the foundation community worked closely with Governor George Romney’s administration to support the development of a network of volunteer centers now known as the Volunteer Centers of Michigan and worked with Governor James Blanchard’s administration on the development of Michigan’s Investment Fund.

The position will be 100 percent funded by private foundations through the Council of Michigan Foundations for the first two and a half years. In addition to the Mott Foundation, funding will come from the W. K. Kellogg Foundation, the Kresge Foundation, the Skillman Foundation, the Hudson-Webber Foundation and the McGregor Fund.
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:43 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Vote out any dem
Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:33 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thats the plan. Laughing

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:45 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Mr. Eason is a good man and has done many good things for this community. He hasn't turned his back on the north end like Walling.
Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:12 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
Mr. Eason is a good man and has done many good things for this community. He hasn't turned his back on the north end like Walling.

how is he good? he takes CRAZY PILLS and has went thru a ton of sexataries.
Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

how is he good? he takes CRAZY PILLS and has went thru a ton of sexataries.

He's on #7, last I heard.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:

So Eason was vetted by the Uncle Tom Foundation I mean Mott Foundation. Interesting.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:24 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

Mr Easy, I mean Eason has been going thru secretaries like they are going out of style. Someone needs to look deeper into this.
Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:31 am 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:31 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:
quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

Mr Easy, I mean Eason has been going thru secretaries like they are going out of style. Someone needs to look deeper into this.

Tough to work for, or they keep saying no?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

David- the word is Paranoid! He allegedly sees conspiracies everywhere!
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:58 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

sometimes you guys are ruthless....

re:eason

1. adam: "so mr.eason was vetted by the uncle tom foundation"

2. derrick: "he takes crazy pills and has gone hrough a ton of sexataries"

personally, i've always found greg to be a fine person who truly cares about flint and it's citizens. and adam, i remember a time not to long ago greg would have smashed your face for your comment.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:39 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: