FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: FireFighters-Police-Residents Protest March 9, 2010 5 - 8 pm
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Rally for Public Safety in our neighborhoods

UPDATED DATE!

We are holding a protest/rally downtown Flint at the corner of First Streets and South Saginaw St on March 9th 2010 from 5pm to 8pm. It will be held in the front of 501 Bar n Grill. We encourage everyone to attend that is upset with the mayors decision to layoff police and fire fighters. Please bring signs, banners and make your voices heard. Young, Old, Black, White, we want everyone to attend and protest this bad decision by Mayor Walling. Please bring a friend

Last edited by Derrick1965 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:15 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You folks need to storm city hall and point out all the dead weight sitting on their bulbous butts drawing big taxpayer dollars. ill bet thers plenty that could be eliminated. Police fire trash pickup and road service what else do you need.

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:44 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
You folks need to storm city hall and point out all the dead weight sitting on their bulbous butts drawing big taxpayer dollars. ill bet thers plenty that could be eliminated. Police fire trash pickup and road service what else do you need.

I am agreing with you on this subject here for once. I do plan on attending with 2 friends. who is in charge of this
Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:06 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

I'll try to come. Make ALL unions give concessions before you go to public safety!
Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:53 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I don't get it? Why ya blasting on the Mayor. Anyone noticed that we have lost most of our economic base. Plants are gone. Tax dollars are gone. unless people were willing to take cuts in order to follow the laws of the state of Michigan something had to be cut. All these people complaining about the job losses. Yet no one has given any real viable places to cut.

Ive said cut City Council to 5 instead of Nine.
I've said cut the number of appointees by the Mayor and what they are compensated.
Use computers in the police dept to catch criminals... ie the automated pawn shop program.. Which city council is going to vote to remove from the ordinance this week. The city has never used and claims it cost too much to implement.
Start maintaining City Vehicles using Predictive and Preventative maintenance. BIG SAVINGS there on cost.

We have a tax for community policing. But most of us have no clue who our community policing officer is.
We pay a tax for Public Transportation,
We pay a tax for Mott Comminity College
We pay a tax for Libraries I believe also.
We have a parks tax too I believe. (but anyone notice anything really happening in our parks.
How about we stop voting for these millage's and put that back into our City.
Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Walling has posted 3 new jobs for DCED, $45K to over $70k and word is there will be up to 4 more with salaries ranging from $60k to $80k. These 3 jobs alone constitute nearly what he expected to save from the unions.
Perhaps not in this year but in the future.

And at the same time, he is telling the unions that they can not get overtime pay if they are called in. Everyone needs to watch this weeks newsmaker.
Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:36 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well there is such thing as a budget. Monies allotted for one thing usually cannot be used for another. Thus i'm tired of being taxed for things I rarely use.
Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Ted why doesn't the mayor cut other things first?
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Walling has posted 3 new jobs for DCED, $45K to over $70k and word is there will be up to 4 more with salaries ranging from $60k to $80k. These 3 jobs alone constitute nearly what he expected to save from the unions.

And at the same time, he is telling the unions that they can not get overtime pay if they are called in. Everyone needs to watch this weeks newsmaker.

add this to the recall language Untanglingwebs
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:29 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

Maybe that's why he's doing it; cut public safety to pay for more sycophants.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ted- Walling has up to 4 more positions he is going to post. At least 2 are about $60 k and the other 2 are between $70k and 80k. His reorganizations will allow him to change job descriptions and force experienced people out. He will then replace them with his cronies, who may or may not be qualified.

Last Thursday Walling sent messages to individuals telling them the loss of some jobs were their fault because he believed they were talking to City hall people and posting information he wants secret on line. He says he wants to insulate himself with those he trusts. Then he blames the union for layoffs because they wouldn't cave in to his ever increasing demands for concessions.

Now he has set us up with a potential liability because he said 911 was responsible for those children dying on a Newsmaker show on Channel 12. He was drinking and laughing about his battles with the unions at 501. Watch his face and you have to wonder if this man has lost it to the stress. maybe he needs Easons crazy pills.

The impact in DCED is that HUD and the OIG are now looking at cities to examine their capaciity to implement the recovery (ARRA) funding. Some communities have lost theirs and others will too. The OIG already recommended taking funding. I will start a new thread on that soon, as I am not through researching it.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:58 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Untanglingwebs is right, Ole boy Dayne is trying to plug the leaks from city hall. Lots of people talking to people outside of the walls at city hall. Smile
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
Rally for Public Safety in our neighborhoods

We are holding a protest/rally downtown Flint at the corner of First Streets and South Saginaw St on March 6th 2010 from 5pm to 8pm. It will be held in the front of 501 Bar n Grill. We encourage everyone to attend that is upset with the mayors decision to layoff police and fire fighters. Please bring signs, banners and make your voices heard. Young, Old, Black, White, we want everyone to attend and protest this bad decision by Mayor Walling. Please bring a friend

Why did you pick a Saturday? That is one of the hardest days to get people to get out and picket! Dayne cares about what people think ( really ) and it bothers him the bad press and people talking out against him. Protest in front of his home if you want to get under his skin.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If Dayne wants to plug his leaks, he needs to start with his administration, Eason likes to talk, and so do some of the others. Averyhardt told people he was getting a job. Word on the street is he did not do well as a contractor or as head of Salem Housing.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:22 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

dayne likes to drink at 501 but I bet he won't be there on saturday.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:23 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: