FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: News flash !!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Did you hear that Obama won the Heisman trophy ? He watched a college football game on TV.

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:45 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

So clever, such rapier wit!

Ponycar - you can do better than this. Instead of taking potshots, can't you just tell us that you think Obama winning the Nobel was a joke? I think most of us already agreed that it was a political move that didn't really merit much conversation other than, "oh jeese, those Norwegians!" I am long past this largely irrelevant episode of internationals thinking that giving Obama something does anything but anger a bunch of conservative types. Why are you still stuck on it?

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:23 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

he drinks 2taps koolaid! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:17 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha. You Obamunist's can't take any criticism, or even a joke about your chosen one. OMG, I told a joke about the annointed one. Does that make me a racist ?

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:11 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey DOMET as Pony pointed out you left out the "YOUR A RACIST" comment careful or you will be disbanded from the obama apologist club. Hey Pony in case you have not noticed old tightass Domet has no sense of humor when it comes to his Messiah or anything he thinks goes against his brilliant mind. Laughing Laughing Hell he even has Backagain thinking hes the end all of all subjects. You know I am beginning to think that other whizkid Fstar has returned under the domet handle. Cmon domet fess up your actually Fstar. Laughing
Oh ya pony one more thing from this moment henceforth their will be no more comments on Barcrakos stupid award allowed on flinttalk per Domet. Laughing

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
POnycar schreef:
You Obamunist's can't take any criticism, or even a joke about your chosen one.

Hey, I don't think Obama deserved a peace prize either - all I'm saying is that, what, it took you a week to think of something clever to say about it? I don't really care that you told a joke, just the joke isn't funny anymore, and it's been told a hundred times. That's all.

And as far as you being a racist goes - well, that's an interesting reaction. I point out that you made a lousy joke, that most of us already agree he didn't deserve it, and you respond by further showing you lack simple reading comprehension. All I can say - he who smelt it dealt it. It's a lot more fun when you call yourself out.

Again, such rapier wit. You should be on TV - you'd almost be as funny as Faux News. Is that where you heard the joke, by the way? Are they still talking about it on old Faux? Man, you give some guys an inch and they take a mile. You should watch SNL this weekend, bro - they might make some "funny" jokes about it too!

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:20 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Wait wait, you guys answered my question for me! Let me refresh your memory:

quote:
Domet schreef:
Why are you still stuck on it?

Don't know why I didn't see this earlier. You guys just have nothing better to do apparently. Do all you guys really have this week is an attack on Obama by proxy? I mean, I actually gave you credit, ponycar, I said that I thought you could come up with something better - turns out you can't?

Man, you guys are just reaching for things now. That in its own right is hilarious.

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:42 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hows that for NO RESPONDO. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 2 back to back posts on the same subject.

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:22 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://freeinternetpress.com/story.php?sid=23230

Asked to comment on the uproar following Friday's announcement, four members of the five-seat panel told the Associated Press that they had expected the decision to generate both surprise and criticism.

Three of them rejected the notion that President Obama hadn't accomplished anything to deserve the award, while the fourth declined to answer that question. A fifth member didn't answer calls seeking comment.

“We simply disagree that he has done nothing,” committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland told the A.P. on Tuesday. “He got the prize for what he has done.”

Jagland singled out Obama's efforts to heal the divide between the West and the Muslim world and scale down a Bush-era proposal for an anti-missile shield in Europe.

“All these things have contributed to ��“ I wouldn't say a safer world ��“ but a world with less tension,” Jagland said by phone from the French city of Strasbourg, where he was attending meetings in his other role as secretary-general of the Council of Europe.

He said most world leaders were positive about the award and that most of the criticism was coming from the media and from Obama's political rivals.

“I take note of it. My response is only the judgment of the committee, which was unanimous,” he said, adding that the award to Obama followed the guidelines set forth by Alfred Nobel, the Swedish industrialist and inventor of dynamite, who established the Nobel Prizes in his 1895 will.

“Alfred Nobel wrote that the prize should go to the person who has contributed most to the development of peace in the previous year,” said Jagland. “Who has done more for that than Barack Obama?”

Aagot Valle, a left-wing Norwegian politician who joined the Nobel panel this year, also dismissed suggestions that the decision to award Obama was without merit.

“Don't you think that comments like that patronize Obama? Where do these people come from?” Ms. Valle said by phone from the western coastal city of Bergen. “Well, of course, all arguments have to be considered seriously. I'm not afraid of a debate on the peace prize decision. That's fine.”

In Friday's announcement, the committee said giving Obama the peace prize could be seen as an early vote of confidence intended to build global support for the policies of his young administration.

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:29 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dont forget THE ONE was nominated just 11 days into his term Rolling Eyes

quote:
“Who has done more for that than Barack Obama?”

How about General Petriaus and our troops??

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:08 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

I made no mention of Obama winning the Nobel peace prize. For someone who really don't care that I told a joke, Domet is sure gassed up about it. I just heard the joke about the Heisman yesterday. Between working and other things I'm invovled with, I have better things to do than spend all my time attacking Obama. Just admit it Domet, You can't handle any criticism of Obama.

BTW. Fox News continues to dominate the ratings. More people watch Fox than any other cable news. Thats what libs are afraid of.

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:10 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Back again says that I've been drinking 2 taps koolaid. Ha ha ha ha ha, You haven't been watching The O'Reilly factor have you?

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:17 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
Just admit it Domet, You can't handle any criticism of Obama.

You aren't getting it - I agree that Obama didn't deserve the Nobel Peace prize. I am, myself, a constant critic of Obama. But, what you aren't doing is criticizing him, you're making a bad joke which, if you just looked at the past posts on this board, you would realize had already been made. Regardless of whether or not you talked specifically about the peace prize, the joke is completely irrelevant if that context isn't considered, which of course means that by proxy you did mention Obama's peace prize. That's basic linguistics right there.

quote:
ponycar schreef:
BTW. Fox News continues to dominate the ratings. More people watch Fox than any other cable news. Thats what libs are afraid of.

XD I don't know what you're getting at here - why would liberals be afraid of a good chunk of society being misinformed on a regular basis? I would think that people, in general, should be afraid of that. Societies in decline show a rise of ignorance and of interest in fighting military battles, providing more for the army than they do domestically. I am afraid of Faux News because they themselves admit that for huge chunks of the day they are biased. When your "news" source admits to portraying biased information for huge chunks of the day, but you are still buying into it, you're just adding to a culture of ignorance which, in the end, will hurt all of us.

BTW: More people in the US don't believe in Evolution, all that means is that there are a lot of relatively ignorant people in the US. More Americans watching Faux News than any other channel pretty much tells us the same thing. So... grats?

I can't speak for liberals. What I can say is that Faux News frightens me because it's content is not only one sided but incredibly wrong. It generates zealots like twotap and, apparently, you who are unable to think for themselves but instead come to forums like this one to repeat the things they have heard most recently on the air. It doesn't make you cool, ponycar, it makes you a tool.

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
You haven't been watching The O'Reilly factor have you?

Ah, so you've been drinking O'Reilly's koolaid. Makes sense - you and twotap would be drinking from the same source. A round of applause for the geniuses O'Reilly produces!

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:36 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

nah i refrain from watching or listening to useless inciteful trash.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:59 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I can't speak for liberals. What I can say is that Faux News frightens me because it's content is not only one sided but incredibly wrong.

FOX news has plenty of libs and lefties invited and participating in debates, they also have a standing invite to much like another of your heros Elslicko Clinton who much like THE ONE is a no show, but since you obviously like backagain dont tune in how the F--- would you know that fact. And if you aint speaking for libs just who are you speaking for. By the way whiz kid your lame attempt at humor with the faux news comment is well as lame as your long drawn out boring posts. Now you can get back to your latest one sided to the left all the time CNN news hour. Laughing Oh ya if FOX news frightens you ill bet your scared of spiders and snakes also . Lib whimp. Laughing

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:29 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: