FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Algore has his own dont ask dont tell game.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Gore upbeat on climate bill
MATTHEW DeFO | Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 7:55 am | 7 Comments

Former Vice President Al Gore shared his optimism about the "shifting momentum" of the climate change debate with about 500 environmental journalists Friday in Madison.

"We're very close to that political tipping point," Gore said at the Society of Environmental Journalists annual conference at the Madison Concourse Hotel. "Never before in human history has a single generation been asked to make such difficult and consequential decisions."

He said he expects the Senate to pass a carbon emissions reduction bill before a December United Nations conference in Copenhagen, Denmark. The House passed a similar bill in June.

He also said he expects President Barack Obama to attend the Copenhagen conference, which could boost an international framework for emissions reduction. Obama hasn't announced his plans.

"I am optimistic," Gore said. "I think there has been a very powerful recognition, not only in this country, but in many countries, that there is a linkage between the climate crisis and the economic crisis and the national security crisis that is in part derivative of the world's ridiculous over-dependence on carbon-based fuels."

Some who attended the speech tempered Gore's hopefulness, characteristic of his lauded yet controversial effort to educate the public about carbon dioxide emissions and their link to rising temperatures.

"His optimism isn't shared by a lot of other folks," said Tim Wheeler, an environmental reporter for the Baltimore Sun. Gore may have been trying to push politicians to action, Wheeler added.

Conservative groups led by Collegians for a Constructive Tomorrow and Americans for Prosperity held a demonstration Downtown that drew about 200 people, including U.S. Rep. James Sensenbrenner, R-Menomonee Falls, who also participated in the conference's panel discussion following Gore's speech. The demonstrators worried Gore's policies would push American jobs overseas.

Gore has been criticized for not publicly debating his position since the release of his 2006 Oscar-winning documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth."

In what organizers said was a rarity, Gore took half a dozen questions from journalists, including one from Phelim McAleer, an Irish filmmaker who asked Gore to address nine errors in his film identified by a British court in 2007.

Gore responded that the court ruling supported the showing of his film in British schools. When McAleer tried to debate further, his microphone was cut off by the moderators.

In a nod to a local supporter, Gore recognized former UW-Madison professor Henry Hart, who attended the speech and at 93 is the oldest person to have been trained to present the climate change slide show featured in Gore's film. Laughing (Actually in Gores made for you sheeple movie it was a "Global Warming "slide show. Had to change that now didnt they??? Rolling Eyes
"You are really an inspiration to me," Gore said.

More good stuff for all you gorenuts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8299079.stm

And of course the guy whos running this farce along with running Obama.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE5992BJ20091010

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

soooo, your saying you've been convinced there is no climate change problem is that it?

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:41 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I am convinced that Algore wont debate the phony crap his movie depicted, "QUICK kill his Mike hes putting Algore in harms way. Laughing

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:54 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

debate who?? rush limbaugh or some other non-scientist??

are you aware whats going on in greenland? or, it's just natural earth warming right?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:14 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
it's just natural earth warming right??

Been going on since the begining of time and of course just which of the arrogant global warming nuts has the ability to actually change the weather, gore, obama, kofianna, domat, the tooth fairy??? Laughing

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:03 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

it's real simple 2tap. start buying national geographic. it's a nice non-partisan magazine explaining the goings on of earth. just check it out.

P.Y.
Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:42 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I don't know about the magazine, but their TV shows have been pushing global warming quite a bit.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Used to get it liked the photography didnt care for their leftist stance on EVERYTHING. No more of my bucks goes to lib outfits if I can control it. By the way whats Nat geos big plan for controling the weather?? Laughing

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:09 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

uhhh, actually national geographic has no weather control office that i'm aware of. they are also non-partisan which makes it fine for you to increase your world knowledge safely.

P.Y.
Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:15 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
non-partisan?????????

Thats a good one. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:34 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
uhhh, actually national geographic has no weather control office that i'm aware of. they are also non-partisan which makes it fine for you to increase your world knowledge safely.

Man, why do you even talk to twotap? He doesn't learn - he's a zealot who can't stop posting the same garbage, never accepts that he's wrong, is so focused on an "us" vs "them" mentality that he can't see past his own nose, it's a waste of time to try and ask him to educate himself. He posts links to Faux News, World Net Daily, idolizes Beck & co - he's a tool, man. He's so steeped in the rhetoric that spews from talking heads that he's created an elaborate reality in which anything resembling knowledge is an attack on his very person.

You can't argue with this type of person, you can't debate with them, you can't converse with them. The best strategy is to ignore them. While they are entertaining at best, folks like twotap shouldn't be responded to, you expend more energy typing a message to him than he spends thinking about.. well anything. I mean, feed the troll if you want to, but when it comes down to that's what you're doing.. take some advice, don't feed the troll, it's bad news for everybody.

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:46 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i know domet your right....i know...... Cool

P.Y.
Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:21 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey Domet dumbass you just responded your self. Rolling Eyes Oh No backagain does this mean were thru. No Nova for you but ill bet domet has a cool ride Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Link

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:10 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! you took that out of context!!!!!

heh heh heh heh!!!

P.Y.
Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:09 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You and domet "change domets name to julio" in the yugo trying to score that should be interesting having that tight ass as a copilot. Laughing

Link

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:15 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: