FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: So what would you expect from Obama?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Sotomayor reversed 60% by high court
By Stephen Dinan (Contact) | Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Judge Sonia Sotomayor already facing questions over her 60 percent reversal rate, the Supreme Court could dump another problem into her lap next month if, as many legal analysts predict, the court overturns one of her rulings upholding a race-based employment decision.

Three of the five majority opinions written by Judge Sotomayor for the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals and reviewed by the Supreme Court were reversed, providing a potent line of attack raised by opponents Tuesday after President Obama announced he will nominate the 54-year-old Hispanic woman to the high court.

Link

Post Wed May 27, 2009 7:51 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

whoa!!! wasn't she first appointed by george h.w. bush?? Laughing Laughing Laughing

man, you wingnuts are SOOOOOOO confused ! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed May 27, 2009 12:11 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yes she was he was a very confused president thats for sure. This racist gal has no business on the supreme court.

Post Wed May 27, 2009 12:35 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

hw wasn't confused....yes, his deal with noriega didn't go that well for noriega but........he wasn't that bad. sure as hell better than his boy!!! Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed May 27, 2009 6:43 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres some more info on Barcrocks pick.

LAW OF THE LAND
Sonia Sotomayor 'La Raza member'
American Bar Association lists Obama choice as part of group

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: May 27, 2009
11:20 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

As President Obama's Supreme Court nominee comes under heavy fire for allegedly being a "racist," Judge Sonia Sotomayor is listed as a member of the National Council of La Raza, a group that's promoted driver's licenses for illegal aliens, amnesty programs, and no immigration law enforcement by local and state police.
According the American Bar Association, Sotomayor is a member of the NCLR, which bills itself as the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S.

Meaning "the Race," La Raza also has connections to groups that advocate the separation of several southwestern states from the rest of America.

Over the past two days, Sotomayor has been heavily criticized for her racially charged statement: "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."
The remark was actually made during a 2001 speech at the University of California's Berkeley School of Law. The lecture was published the following year in the Berkeley La Raza Law Journal.

Post Thu May 28, 2009 7:17 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

as usual, her comment is taken and quoted out of context. yawnnnn

P.Y.
Post Thu May 28, 2009 6:40 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Huh???? out of context. shes a racist , anti second ammendment liberal just what we knew Barcako would do.

Post Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

not racist at all. you and your leaders pulled a sentence out of a paragraph and attempted to "sway" with idiocy. sorry pal. newt, rush, shawn and you have been exposed yet again.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

you and i are prime examples of her quote. you grew up one way with certain experiences and i another. it's no great mystery we might see things differently. ami a racist? or you? nahhhh...we just see things from different life experiences. real simple. Wink Wink Wink

now you guys come from the mentality that your way is the only way and anything else is unamerican. i'm sorry but the voting public now understands the great mosaic that comprises america. Wink

P.Y.
Post Thu May 28, 2009 10:05 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama on Friday personally sought to deflect criticism about Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, who finds herself under intensifying scrutiny for saying in 2001 that a female Hispanic judge would often reach a better decision than a white male judge. "I'm sure she would have restated it," Obama flatly told NBC News, without indicating how he knew that.

Ya Bracrako how do you know that?? Its her doing the talking she said it, it came from her mouth and is what she believes and believe it or not words mean something. Rolling Eyes

Post Fri May 29, 2009 5:48 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Link
Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:06 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

nothings changed. Cool

P.Y.
Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:37 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Nothing radical about Sodymeyers gun views according to this bunch.

Post Sat May 30, 2009 8:52 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i know, i know. "from my cold dead hands" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

P.Y.
Post Sat May 30, 2009 2:11 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: