FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obama needs your help in the battle for health care
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

From: "President Barack Obama" <info@barackobama.com> ContactsTo: "Terry Bankert" <attorneybankert@yahoo.com>

Terry --

The chance to finally reform our nation's health care system is here. While Congress moves rapidly to produce a detailed plan, I have made it clear that real reform must uphold three core principles -- it must reduce costs, guarantee choice, and ensure quality care for every American.

As we know, challenging the status quo will not be easy. Its defenders will claim our goals are too big, that we should once again settle for half measures and empty talk. Left unanswered, these voices of doubt might yet again derail the comprehensive reform we so badly need. That's where you come in.

When our opponents spread fear and confusion about the changes we seek, your support for these core principles will show clarity and resolve. When the lobbyists for the status quo tell Congress to hold back, your personal story will give them the courage to press forward.

Join my call: Ask Congress to pass real health care reform in 2009.

After adding your name, please consider sharing your personal story about the importance of health care reform in your life and the lives of those you love.

I will be personally reviewing many of these signatures and stories. If you speak up now, your voice will make a difference.

http://my.barackobama.com/HealthCareOrganizing

American families are watching their premiums rise four times faster than their wages. Spiraling health care costs are shackling America's businesses, curtailing job growth and slowing the economy at the worst possible time. This has got to change.

I know personal stories can drive that change, because I know how my mother's experience continues to drive me. She passed away from ovarian cancer a little over a decade ago. And in the last weeks of her life, when she was coming to grips with her own mortality and showing extraordinary courage just to get through each day, she was spending too much time worrying about whether her health insurance would cover her bills. She deserved better. Every American deserves better. And that's why I will not rest until the dream of health care reform is finally achieved in the United States of America.

Please add your name to join my call. Then share your personal story about why you too will not rest until this job is done.

http://my.barackobama.com/HealthCareOrganizing

Last November, the American people sent Washington a clear mandate for change. But when the polls close, the true work of citizenship begins. That's what Organizing for America is all about. Now, in these crucial moments, your voice once again has extraordinary power. I'm counting on you to use it.

Thank you,

President Barack Obama
posted to FlintTalk
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=44264#44264

Post Wed May 20, 2009 3:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Why sure, since the government has such a stellar record of running things, where do we sign up???? Rolling Eyes OH ya the Money is coming from where????

Post Wed May 20, 2009 4:47 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

As long as every citizen gets exactly the same health insurance members of congress get, I'm ok with it. Otherwise, NOT!

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed May 20, 2009 6:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

come on 2tap. your enjoying the fruits of that damned liberal union to supply YOUR health coverage... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed May 20, 2009 7:21 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not for long. Shocked

Post Wed May 20, 2009 8:02 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Our healthcare system is already on the verge of collapse but hey who needs a health care system when you can have hope and change.

We really should repeal our farm bill. That would help make Americans healther and save subsidy money and health care costs.
Post Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Obama care - HOPE your condition CHANGES for the better.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 12:03 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

I think I would rather about SnoBama's plan to save Social Security. What's that you say, you say the chosen one has no plan to save Social Security?

So tell me libs is there a plan or not? #43 had a plan until the demon-crats ran interference.

Pan8
Post Thu May 21, 2009 1:49 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

BWAAAAAAAH!! 43 had a plan??? ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa
stock market?? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 6:24 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Well you can laugh till the cows come home however the problem remains and I have yet to hear any ideas coming from the snow-bamma camp.
Post Thu May 21, 2009 10:19 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Its simple!!!! tax the top 5% of wage earners. They have more than they need , it aint fair, stick it to them..There problem solved the Obama way.

Post Fri May 22, 2009 7:21 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Its simple!!!! tax the top 5% of wage earners. They have more than they need , it aint fair, stick it to them..There problem solved the Obama way.

Sounds more like income redistribution to me. Wonder what the top 5% earners feel about this?

Pan8
Post Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am 
FStar
F L I N T O I D

I continue to be amazed at republicans like twotap and others. Whey do you all care so much about how much in taxes the top 1% or even 5% pay? They could care less about you so why do you care so much about them making more money?

Obama's budget actually cuts taxes for families making under $250,000 a year. That is a fact. And, don't try to spew rhetoric about redistribution or whatever. I've read the entire budget. For that matter, I've read the entire recovery act. No place in either document do people making less than $250,000 as a family pay more in taxes.

so, why do you all stick up for the upper class? Is it like grade school where you try to belong to the cool group by trying to act like them?
Post Fri May 22, 2009 10:16 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

because hannity and limburger say so!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

those rich people they love so much are the same ones who make products in some god-forsaken country for slave wages and foul the enviornment because they have free reign but forget to reflect the cost savings to us.

P.Y.
Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:36 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FStar schreef:
I continue to be amazed at republicans like twotap and others. Whey do you all care so much about how much in taxes the top 1% or even 5% pay? They could care less about you so why do you care so much about them making more money?

Obama's budget actually cuts taxes for families making under $250,000 a year. That is a fact. And, don't try to spew rhetoric about redistribution or whatever. I've read the entire budget. For that matter, I've read the entire recovery act. No place in either document do people making less than $250,000 as a family pay more in taxes.

so, why do you all stick up for the upper class? Is it like grade school where you try to belong to the cool group by trying to act like them?

Well I'll tell you what there FStar why don't you and Back again send in a bit extra next April?

I pay my fair share and then some in tax each year. Your president is trying to tax our way to prosperity and it ain't a gonna happen. I'm an independent with strong libertarian leanings and believe in little tax and in fact I would be happy with a consumption or flat tax.

Pan8
Post Fri May 22, 2009 2:50 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: