FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: this mayor thing really pisses me off.........

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
back again
F L I N T O I D

i took one hell of a lot of heat while promoting mayor williamson for mayor. i took heat from my dad, his friends, my friends and quite a few others. i guess i honestly believed his entrepreneural experience and connections would make solving flints financial woes at least easier to bear. early in his tenure i assumed those who were against him were simply jealous of his self-made business acumen. early in his tenure i watched with baited breath as he made appointments who were not connected to the flint "establishment" and figured it was a brilliant move. since then he has surprised and surpassed my wildest imaginations. many people told me "you just don't know him", i really never understood exactly what that meant. ted used to smoke my ass daily for quite a while on this site over my choice of mayoral candidates. now i am reading what is going on and attempting to find reason with his choices and mode of operation and quite frankly, i can find none. damn, i wanted to see this guy do good. i appreciated the fact he was a common guy who perhaps made mistakes in life (as we all have) but actually "pulled himself up by his bootstraps".
hell,i had so much confidence in him i wanted to work for him. damn, god works in mysterious but interesting ways!! i wish my home town well.
from what i'm reading he will probably get recalled and i'm wondering who will run next. i pray the next mayor is open minded and loves all flint citizens. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:02 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if you will shortly have to write the same thing about his highness the chosen one Barack Hussein Obama? Laughing Except of course it wont be just Flint your talking about. Shocked

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:55 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well bruh 2tap, if i do it will be near the end of his first term. i must give him a chance to succeed or fail. as an american i must do whatever it takes to contribute to the well being of this country. i remember when john f. kennedy made the statement "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country. those words struck me then as they do now. Wink Wink Wink
Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:55 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Unfortunatley we now have a huge bunch of folks asking "What can my country do for me". Exactly the opposite of what" tax cutting" JFK had in mind. By the way if he does fail it will be his only term I am sure. Remember Carter???? Very Happy

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:14 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

different age but the message is still relevant. bush and company tried the "tax cut and trickle down" theories for many years and all it did was allow executives a free reign of rape and pillage. you can easily feel the way you do because, thanks to the liberal unions, you worked for a good wage and accumulated a good pension. thousands of what you call liberals fought and died for you to get what you have. those "liberals" were damn good then right? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:18 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Your right LT diffrerent age and different time so lets stick with the present. We now have a president whos gonna spend a trillion bucks on such things as (in our local paper) a new municipality building as well as a new police and fire building. Wow one local builder makes a killin Shocked Of course that hinges on the fact that one dime makes it out of Wayne or Genesee county and maybe just maybe makes it north of Saginhole. You say well the stimulatin package has tax cuts. Ya right 40% goes to something called earned income tax credit which is for folks who dont actually pay taxes but hey should keep them in 40 oz and cartons of Marlboros for a year or so. Tax breaks for businesses that actually hire people and what make the economy work "Hell Naw says Obama." Of course thats sort of like trickle down which worked very well for Kennedy and Reagan but hey I knew em both and I can tell ya Barack the Messiah sure aint one of them.
Rolling Eyes And of course how about explaining how I benefitted from the liberal Clinton policy of guranteein home loans to anyone, especially minoritys who should not be getting a loan in the first place which caused us to be where we are now. Fanny Mae Freddie mac which Dubya tried to curtail but was called a racist for his attempt. Oh ya we sure have benefitted from the Libs. Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:10 pm 
BrokenBadge
F L I N T O I D

Back again - your reasons for initially supporting Don Williamson are legit. Many people supported him at first. Even the police department supported him when he ran against Clack. But you, and many others, have started to realize this guy is a crazy tyrant destroying this city and gutting its government. Enough is enough. I'm not going to go into detail as to why he needs to be recalled because, well, we all know the reasons.

Vote to RECALL.

FEBRUARY 24

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:48 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: