FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Heres a guy who knows Barack.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Letter from Illinois State Rifle Assoc Re: Barack Hussein Obama

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner than Barack Obama"

Illinois State Rifle Association
420 E. Locust, P.O. Box 637, Chatsworth, IL 60921
Phone: (815) 635-3198 or (815) 635-3166 Fax: (815) 635-3723

Dedicated to education, safety training and support of Illinois firearm owners

October 10, 2008
Fellow Sportsman,

Hello, my name is Rich Pearson and I have been active in the firearm rights movement for over 40 years. For the past 15 years, I have served in the Illinois state capitol as the chief lobbyist for the Illinois State Rifle Association. I lobbied Barack Obama extensively while he was an Illinois State Senator. As a result of that experience, I know Obama’s attitudes toward guns and gun owners better than anyone. The truth be told, in all my years in the Capitol I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner than Barack Obama.

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment, his voting record in the Illinois Senate paints a very different picture. While a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners and forcibly confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down law-abiding firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite, Rock River Arms and Les Baer. Obama also voted for a bill that would prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month.

Without a doubt, Barack Obama has proven himself to be an enemy of the law abiding firearm owner. At the same time, Obama has proven himself to be a friend to the hardened criminal. While a state senator, Obama voted 4 times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in defense of home and family.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a “friend” of the law-abiding gun owner?

And speaking of friends, you can always tell a person by the company they keep. Obama counts among his friends the Rev. Michael Pfleger - a renegade Chicago priest who has openly called for the murder of gun shop owners and pro-gun legislators. Then there is his buddy Richard Daley, the mayor of Chicago who has declared that if it were up to him, nobody would be allowed to own a gun. And let’s not forget Obama’s pal George Soros - the guy who has pumped millions of dollars into the UN’s international effort to disarm law-abiding citizens.

Obama has shown that he is more than willing to use other people’s money to fund his campaign to take your guns away from you. While a board member of the leftist Joyce Foundation, Barack Obama wrote checks for
tens of millions of dollars to extremist gun control organizations such as the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Violence Policy Center.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a “friend” of the law-abiding gun owner?

By now, I’m sure that many of you have received mailings from an organization called “American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA)” talking about what a swell fellow Obama is and how he honors the 2nd Amendment and how you will never have to worry about Obama coming to take your guns. Let me make it perfectly clear - everything the AHSA says about Obama is pure hogwash. The AHSA is headed by a group of left-wing elitists who subscribe to the British view of hunting and shooting. That is, a state of affairs where hunting and shooting are reserved for the wealthy upper-crust who can afford guided hunts on exclusive privatereserves. The AHSA is not your friend, never will be.

In closing, I’d like to remind you that I’m a guy who has actually gone nose to nose with Obama on gun rights issues. The Obama I know cannot even begin to identify with this nation’s outdoor traditions. The Obama I know sees you, the law abiding gun owner, as nothing but a low-class lummox who is easily swayed by the flash of a smile and a ration of rosy rhetoric. The Obama I know is a stony-faced liar who has honed his skill at
getting what he wants - so long as people are willing to give it to him.

That’s the Barack Obama I know.

Sincerely,
original signed)
Richard A. Pearson
Executive Director
Illinois State Rifle Association

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:58 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

yeah i saw the latest copy of the nra's magazine on my grandfather's table. He hates Obama with a passion, believes all the rumors... but at least he's wise enough to say that McCain is a bold faced liar as well.
Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:48 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thats nice but the above facts about Obama are true. As far as McCain haven't you heard he is pretty much out of the race Barack has it in the bag.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:21 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:54 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

No tears just repeating what some on this forum hope to have happen. Myself I know its all media hype and the election will be close. Dont worry about twotap I lived thru Jimmy Carter and Obama is just a clone maybe a bit more liberal if thats possible. Laughing

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:27 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:54 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Welfare???no jobs available??, no child support from the I presume deadbeat dad??? Just what did Reagan do to create that situation??? Of course we all know what Baracks plan is for unwanted kids if that's what you are referring to. By the way do any of you actually know of a child being allowed to go hungry??? If the answer is yes you need to contact child protective services and have them intervene.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:57 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:38 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Im glad your mother chose life and I am sure you are also.Sorry to hear about your situation but just what did Reagan do that directly affected you and your mom?. By the way since then we have had 8 years of the Clintons running the show along with 8 years of Bush, a Democrat controled congress for two years and Michigan has been run by a liberal Democrat governor which seems like forever. And according to you their are starving kids in MI. Well out of all those just listed who would now be to blame for that other than the parents of the kids of course. If you know kids living in deplorable conditions keep calling the authorities and eventually someone has to act.

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:31 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:29 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Take someone elses kid in? No thanks. I raised my own to be fine young men and I have a Granddaughter to now help turn into a productive citizen.. There again I wonder just where are all these hungry kids in the USA you keep referring to that local authorities seem to have no concern for.
It seems like whenever I go anywhere like a mall or wally world all I seem to encounter are the huge numbers of overweight, obese and down right fat ass kids that medical authorities claim is now our no1 heath epidemic. Ill say it one more time if you have first hand knowledge of a kid going hungry or being abused contact local law enforcement and let them make a determination or take your own suggestion to heart and adopt one. Your spiel on Reagan reminds me of Babs Streisand blaming him for her kid getting aids.

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:24 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:46 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wow that's pretty harsh. Of course once you start approaching the truth on a matter a lib usually does start with the name calling. Hey Girly your the one who blames a president for whatever hardships you were forced to endure because of an apparent dysfunctional family life. Now you claim those of us who made sure our kids were raised in a healthy loving environment are some how not compassionate.The ones who are not compassionate are all those findem fuckem forgetem studs and the dimwit women who allow themselves to become impregnated time after time by them who seem to be so prevalent in genesee county.You want to label someone a loser try them. This crap has been going on from one generation to the next every since LBJs Great Society was hatched you want to blame a president try blaming him. Of course we all know that will never happen wrong party. Whinyass liberals everything that happens to them is always a Republicans fault or someone who in their book is deemed not compassionate enough. You cant diss me on the forum since I have dissed your idiot liberal posts first. Laughing

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:47 pm 
FStar
F L I N T O I D

I have visited this forum pretty regularly over the last six months. I do not live in Flint. I don't live in Michigan for that matter but I used to live in Genesee County and was very active politically.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am a proud Democrat. A liberal even. I had to join so I could comment here on the last comment by twotap. Mr. Tap, you seem to be pretty angry - kind of a typical Sarah Palin Republican. You need to look up the definition of the word compassion/compassionate in the dictionary. You state that "liberals" and the like claim you have none; and, you of course disagree. But what is compassion? You are certainly not exhibiting any in your post to this woman. Of course, you throw in several Hannity/Limbaugh/Coulter/Malkin et. al talking points about welfare, liberal media, idiot liberals, etc...yet what is clear to me is that in all of your posts, you don't have an original thought. It's all hyperbole of existing RNC talking points.

It is going to be very hard on you next Wednesday when you wake up to the news of President-Elect Obama and larger majorities in the U.S. Congress.

My advice is to lose the anger, open your mind, and thank God that Obama has been elected!
Post Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:04 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****I have visited this forum pretty regularly over the last six months. I do not live in Flint. I don't live in Michigan for that matter but I used to live in Genesee County and was very active politically. ****

I am flinttalk's self-appointed lame welcome wagon....welcome aboard, grab a slice of pizza and beverage and enjoy the scenery. Smile

Post Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:48 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: