FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: McCain's Relationship with G. Gordon Liddy

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

Link

"Notorious Watergate burglar G. Gordon Liddy is a McCain supporter. In fact, Liddy, who at one time plotted to murder a journalist , has been donating money to McCain for the past decade . Liddy calls McCain "a good, personal friend" . McCain has appeared on Liddy’s radio show. and McCain’s website provides call-in info to Liddy's show, asking supporters to contact the ex-con.

Liddy didn’t exactly turn squeaky clean when he emerged from prison. In the mid-1990s, he instructed listeners about the best way to kill federal agents ...Not exactly a reformed or repentant man."

Reprint from Chris Edelson at the Seminal
Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Liddy: When the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms thugs come to kill your wife and children, to try to disarm you and they open fire on you. When they come at the point of a gun, force and violence, when you're going to defend yourself, use that Gerand [M-1 rifle]. That thing is 30-06, and it'll take 'em right out.

Or when they come to burn your wife and kids at Waco after Janet Reno gets the OK from Clinton to do so. Oh wait they were just a bunch of religious nuts no problem there, lets get those medals ready to pin on those ATF agents for their bravery and show the world just how tough old Willie can get. Rolling Eyes
Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:51 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

There's two things going on here.

I think the point about Liddy is that McCane has unsavory friends, too. The comments aside, he's a disgrace.

However, you could not be more right about the rest, twotap. One must consider the possibility that the enemy could one day be one's own government.

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:01 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Liddy hates the Federal gov't....with good reason..he took the fall for Dean and was punished very harshly for it. His comments were a "what to do" if the Feds overturn the 2nd amendment and try to disarm us. I will follow his instructions to a T.

Kinda surprised that Demeralda is concerned about our gov't getting too big and she's supporting Osama for President.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:08 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Liddy: When the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms thugs come to kill your wife and children, to try to disarm you and they open fire on you. When they come at the point of a gun, force and violence, when you're going to defend yourself, use that Garand [M-1 rifle]. That thing is 30-06, and it'll take 'em right out.

Handgun from 1ft to 25ft. 12ga with buckshot & slugs 25ft to 50yds. 30-06 (not a Garand, dammit) beyond 50 yds. Maybe I'll add an AK for 50 to 100yds & save the '06 & scope for the longer stuff. BTW, the M1A (M-14) is basically the same as the M1, but has a larger magazine.

Some folks in the hood are ignorant - they don't think you can hit someone 200yds away with a 30-06 & an 8 power scope.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

hehehe I can!
Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:46 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

With my sniper rifle, I could oh never mind. Shocked
Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:52 pm 
federales1
F L I N T O I D

Gordon Liddy is certainly one of the best men that the USA has ever produced.
WTF better than Floyd, Sam or Lester Muma.

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:46 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Marko Rollo"]
"Notorious Watergate burglar G. Gordon Liddy is a McCain supporter. In fact, Liddy, who at one time plotted to murder a journalist , has been donating money to McCain for the past decade . Liddy calls McCain "a good, personal friend" . McCain has appeared on Liddy’s radio show. and McCain’s website provides call-in info to Liddy's show, asking supporters to contact the ex-con.

Link
Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: