FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The real Obama in a nutshell. Still want him???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Henry
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opinionated schreef:
Henry, I couldn't agree more. I guess i didn't know that Adam is running for the State House. i never heard of him (although his last name has some merit).

You had a great suggestion of if someone was a Republican in his district (which is where), to run a write-in campaign against him. How about you?

I'm not a Republican.

Dude, check this.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:54 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

As far as policies go Lincoln seemed to have to explain himself. Obama seems to be able to get by with just hope and change. Substantively I think it would be unfair to bring Lincoln down to Obama's level but for Obama to be able to obtain almost cult like status on so much empty rhetoric seems notewothy at the least.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:10 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

Adam, i'm lost. just don't get you. are you bigger on obama or lincoln? i know it's a funny anaolgy, but i can't really get a good read on wher you stand. i was absolutely sure, a minute ago, i was totally against everythign you say. then you come back and somethign halfway smart. set me straight, buddy.

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:27 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I guess to simplify things I'm saying Obama has a cultlike charisma that is almost unparalleled. It's even more shocking/freightening due to the emtpiness of his "hope and change" message.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:55 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

English, Adam - ENGLISH! So here's what i'm hearing you say - Obama cultlike and bad. McCain good. How'd I do?

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:30 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Close.

Obama cultlike and bad. McCain crazy stupid and bad.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:32 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Link
Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:36 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Link
Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:44 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

What are you doing up so late?! Smile

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:46 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Providing the next day's entertainment for the board. Wink
Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:48 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

You are the only self proclaimed conservative left.....Smile

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:50 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080805/books_anti_obama.html?.v=1

"Going negative against Democrat Barack Obama isn't just a campaign strategy for Republican John McCain. It's also a good formula for selling books.
Three anti-Obama releases were in the top 20 of Amazon.com's best-seller list on Tuesday, despite little critical attention or mainstream media coverage."
Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:57 am 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

I'm both saddened and angry about the cult-like analogy.

For a hundred years, voters turned out by the thousands to hear presidential candidates. Then came TV and marketing, and by the end of the century, we've all become so jaded we think it silly anyone would spend a day standing around in the hot sun just to hear a speech that would be easier to watch on YouTube.

I'm as surprised by the crowds as anyone, but we have gone too far.

To attempt to link any candidate to cults, Hitler, Communism and the anti-Christ is below good taste, reason and judgment. It's the equivalent to you answering my argument by saying that I'm ugly.

I encourage each of us to think long and hard: suppose false branding wins the election. Will we wake up the day after proud that we were willing to say anything - including lie - to win? Did the end justify the means?

Please tell me that we're all - at least here - better than this.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

People have a right to be captivated by fluffy usubstantive speeches and people have a right to criticize the sheep and the flip-floppers they follow. It's sad that the vast majority of Americans will be voting for the two main scoundrals running.

If you look at the old crowds for people like Kennedy, Reagan and MLK they were nothing like today's maniac crowds Obama is getting.

I feel bad for MLK because a lot of people were pissed at him for taking some substantive stands like with the war and also civil rights while Obama gets to coast by with his "hope and change" message.

If you really want to get angry why don't you compare Hitler's pre-war economic strategies with Obama's. Hitler had a pretty good economic record before he decided he should try and kill off all the jews and take over the world. No Obama is not an evil nut case like Hitler although Obama doesn't seem to have a problem with another 5 million dead black babies. If you are a supporter of the eugenics movement like Hitler and Obama it probably would have been a better strategy for Hitler to just put aborion clinics in the jewish neighborhoods and give jews free abortions like we do with black people here in america and perhaps he could have been called a civil rights activist instead of "mass murder". I'm pro-life though so I'm opposed to the eugenics movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics
http://www.lifeadvocate.org/1_98/feature.htm
Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:25 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

Adam, thanks for reminding me of several words I forgot to add to the list:

Fun words:
sheep, fluffy
flip-floppers
scoundrals (great word, not used enough IMO)

Not so fun:
Hitler
"kill the jews"
"dead black babies"
eugenics
"mass-murderer"

All emotion-filled labels designed to belittle others and promote fear and hatred. No one persuaded, nothing solved.

Try your arguments again. Heck, I even agree with some of them. You can do better than this.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: