FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Any advice on protecting from hackers and viruses?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

For as much time I've spent the past few years blogging (too much), I actually know very little about the technical end of computer technology.

For example, how is it possible, that all of a sudden, whenever I use Windows Explorer, and I try to go to certain pages, I get an error message "internet explorer can not open the page.....operation aborted".

Here is the weird part: This only happens on my own blog pages, but no other blogspot sites, and here. Every other page words just fine.

Like I said, I don't know much about this stuff, so I can't help but feel a bit paranoid, and I can't help but think I've been the victim of a hacker with a mission.

As you can see, I've gotten around the problem, but Windows Explorer still doesn't work well.
Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:19 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Windows Explorer, or Internet Explorer? Have you tried Firefox?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Windows explorer
Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:29 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
error message "internet explorer can not open the page.....operation aborted".
That's from Internet Explorer, your web browser and I, too, am having extreme problems with it lately. Especially with this web site. Last time I got that message I switched to Netscape and was able to open the page IE wouldn't. Not sure why unless it has something to do with IE being my default browser and Norton Internet Security doesn't like something on this website.

What program are you using for your own blog? Same as this website? Or what do the two have in common?

Dave asked if you've tried Firefox. I've loaded that at work but still haven't used it much. I've heard many former Netscape users have navigated to Firefox, as well as some frustrated IE users. Reports are positive.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:59 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Firefox is a lot faster than IE. I like the add-ons too, like being able to synchronize bookmarks between multiple computers.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: