FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Wanted: A write-in candidate to run against Adam Ford
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Henry
F L I N T O I D

I apologize if some of my earlier comments were rude. I simply don't think that anybody who compares people to Hitler as often as Adam does is politically astute enough to carry his own weight on a discussion board like this, much less for a whole district in Lansing. In my haste, I misspell words too, but I'm not running for office, and I know the basic elements of grammar and punctuation, something which seems beyond Adam. Call me an elitist, but I do think knowing how to communicate well is necessary for thinking well, and I believe these are traits we should look for in our representatives. Running for office isn't simply something to do to have something to put on a resume. No, I'm not a Republican, but I know and respect many, and I can't believe that Adam is all the party has to offer in this district.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:21 pm 
Henry
F L I N T O I D

Oh, and I'm not mad. In fact I'm quite amused whenever some people suggest we should attack viewpoints rather than people, when those people have been spending the primary season trying to convince people that a particular U.S. Senator was a Muslim terrorist.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:28 pm 
Henry
F L I N T O I D

One more thing: There is something that writing coaches and teachers sometimes say to somebody with a writing project, "Show it, don't say it". Adam, telling somebody they are wrong by accusing them of lacking critical thinking skills and changing the subject and accusing them of supporting abortion, isn't actually the same as showing them how they're reasoning is wrong, and yours is correct. Its a common political tactic is television politics, where the five second sound byte rules, but if you can't win a debate here without doing that, where there is no time or word limit, then how do you intend to prove yourself in Lansing?
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:41 pm 
Henry
F L I N T O I D

Great hammer of Thor! I spelled "their" wrong. Now you know the real reason I don't use my last name here! Good thing I'm not running for office!
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:45 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Henry schreef:
I apologize if some of my earlier comments were rude. I simply don't think that anybody who compares people to Hitler as often as Adam does is politically astute enough to carry his own weight on a discussion board like this, much less for a whole district in Lansing. In my haste, I misspell words too, but I'm not running for office, and I know the basic elements of grammar and punctuation, something which seems beyond Adam. Call me an elitist, but I do think knowing how to communicate well is necessary for thinking well, and I believe these are traits we should look for in our representatives. Running for office isn't simply something to do to have something to put on a resume. No, I'm not a Republican, but I know and respect many, and I can't believe that Adam is all the party has to offer in this district.

Are you white? If so you may have similar complexion to Hitler. lol Perhaps if I win I'll have my staff do some spell checking for me if they're not too busy trying to lower our taxes and fight things like racism and discrimination. Who's your state rep?

There's certain things I would be anal retentavie and proof read the heck out of like say a bill to repeal the state income tax but then there's reality so I guess you're stuck with some typos. Wink

I guess you missed all of my potential opponents' typos. Oh wait I guess they're too busy to deal with idiots like you.

It's interesting that spelling and grammer are the key issues to you. I'm more concerned with things like making it easier for businesses to create jobs and helping to lower our taxes so Michigan's struggling families have at least some reprieve.

If my comments come of as condescended and insulting to your intelligence to you than that's good. It means we are finally on the same wavelength. Wink
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:25 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Henry schreef:
Its a common political tactic is television politics, where the five second sound byte rules, but if you can't win a debate here without doing that, where there is no time or word limit, then how do you intend to prove yourself in Lansing?

Oh look who did a typo. I guess I'm confused because you seem to care more about the fact that I don't bother spell checking very much than real issues. I wouldn't have to bother proving myself in Lansing if I pulled of a miracle win.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:32 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Henry schreef:
Great hammer of Thor! I spelled "their" wrong. Now you know the real reason I don't use my last name here! Good thing I'm not running for office!

Have you ever heard of form letters? You should right to Kildee or your state rep so you can get a perfect form letter back. I'd rather get a real response with a typo or two than one of the many 1000's of perfect form letters they send out from Lansing or D.C. every year.

It' really a croc of **** that you bother to criticize me for a couple typos when your own state rep would probably not even give you a real response or the time of day.

You should write Dave Robertson or your state rep a letter complaining about me and see if they even bothers to send you a form letter back.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:42 pm 
Henry
F L I N T O I D

WOW. You just made all of my points for me.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:41 am 
Henry
F L I N T O I D

I have never gotten a form letter from Rep. Kildee or my various state congresspeople. My state reps and senator often follow up their responses with calls from somebody in their office. Maybe they don't understand your letters. You didn't just send them clippings from newspapers, like you do here, did you? Maybe they sent their responses to the writers of your pasted articles.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:46 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
I'd run things through spell check but I don't feel like it.
You want to hold a political position, but don't do things just because you don't "feel like it"? Grammar and puncuation are all-important! How you speak, write, and and verbalize things show your intelligence, and attention to detail and self-pride. How can you tackle important governmental issues if you can't present them well?

quote:
Adam schreef:
My posts are generally brief. Yes articles I copy and paste may be longer.

Which is exactly what I said - they're long and boring. People don't want to read something copied and pasted by you that they've already read!

quote:
Adam schreef:
Perhaps if you had more critical thinking ability you'd figure out what I'm getting at. What's your name and what city are you from?

The reason I'm not telling you my name (like most others here in this forum) is the same reason you're not posting your telephone number, address, and social security number here. Go ahead - post them and I'll call you personally with my name. Or are your "critical thinking skills" not up to it?

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

****It' really a croc of **** that you bother to criticize me for a couple typos when your own state rep would probably not even give you a real response or the time of day.****

First off, I'm the one who criticized you for the typos! It wasn't Henry. Or can't you read names, either? Secondly, you were up until at least 11:42pm last night in this forum. What kind of issues are you trying to help us taxpayers with if you're on this site all day and night long? Do you even have a job? Where is it? I seriously question your credentials for any office period, not to mention a public office!

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:38 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Henry schreef:
I have never gotten a form letter from Rep. Kildee or my various state congresspeople. My state reps and senator often follow up their responses with calls from somebody in their office. Maybe they don't understand your letters. You didn't just send them clippings from newspapers, like you do here, did you? Maybe they sent their responses to the writers of your pasted articles.

There are exeptions to every rule but most state and congressional politicians do use a lot of form letters although part of it may be out of necessity. It's nice you feel special when staff calls you. I'd call key members of my community back personally though. In addition members of my district would have more of a chance to see me and talk to me in person and not have to bother to write letters.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:25 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

The spelling criticism is valid but it's also valid to criticize my opponents and your state reps that have better things to do than to respond to you guys here. I use the internet a lot and am curious so sometimes when I get on or before I sign off I'll bother to check this forum.

I guess I'm just not as good at spelling and grammer as our legislature and govornor in Lansing is running this state into the ground. You two remind me of someone criticizing people yelling for the life rafts to come back because they can't hear the band playing on the Titanic while it is sinking.

I probably shouldn't waste my time with you guys but I have a tenacious personality but I'm just not anal rentative when it comes to spelling and grammar. Sorry. The way things are going the majority of my district may not have even graduated high school. I'd hope people in the North end of Flint would be more concerned with their freinds and family members who are dying on the streets than a few minor dictation errors.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:38 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

Adam, I do criticize your opponents and state reps when applicable. By the way, they don't see it as "having better things to do" than to respond to the people. Than to "listen" to the people. Who ever told you that you'd make a good politician? You're terrible! You can not accept criticism, you don't listen to others, you're not open to differences. All of that has been incredibly evidenced by this forum alone!

quote:
Adam schreef:
I guess I'm just not as good at spelling and grammer as our legislature and govornor in Lansing is running this state into the ground. You two remind me of someone criticizing people yelling for the life rafts to come back because they can't hear the band playing on the Titanic while it is sinking.

If the guy steering the ship isn't qualified, I'd rather have one of the guys in the band as captain!

Oh, and you do realize you spelled "governer" as well as "grammar" wrong, don't you? Of course. However, by your standards, that's doesn't matter. You don't think that's a reflection on you!

You probably shouldn't waste your time with us guys because we have truly shown you what a loser personality you have. You say you're not anal ("rentative" is not a word) when it comes to spelling and grammar, but you're not even close. You should know that how you spell, enunciate, word things, and communicate is the pillar of intelligence. It's a reflection of how smart you are, whether you like it or not. Education is one of the highest priorities this country is focused on, and it's easy to see that you're not focused. If the majority of "your" district may not have even graduated high school, then do something about it! First off, educate yourself. Learn, spell, become more familiar with words and communication skills. Nothing, and I mean, nothing gets done without being able to effectively convey it to the people you'd be representing (which I'd fear, if you ever did).

No, Adam, it's more than "a few minor dictation errors." It's you. Showing you're true intelligence. If there are people (and not only in the North end) who are dying on the streets, at least let them have the self-pride and education they direly need to try and overcome their situation. Education is everything!

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:13 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I do know how to spell governor and grammar.

I probably will start spell checking in another year or two but pleasing hard line liberals is currently not on my radar.

Perhaps if I mispel a word or two every know and then I can give you too something to whine about. Wink Wink Wink

If you don't think I'm smart I'd challenge you to back it up but you're too gutless to even use your real name let alone face me head to head.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:45 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: