FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Wanted: A write-in candidate to run against Adam Ford
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

"The reception problems you are experiencing are the fault of the network. Please do not adjust your set."

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Henry,
If you are so adept why don't you campaign for the post?

Maybe a case of too many skeletons in your closet?
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:54 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****The message I sent was perfectly clear. Any reception problems are caused by the receiver.*****

Nah you just switched over to digital too early for me. I still don't understand why you think someone is stupid just because you vehemently oppose their point of views.....

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
"The reception problems you are experiencing are the fault of the network. Please do not adjust your set."

hehehehe

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:00 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Who is Adam Ford?
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:16 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Me. I'm running for Michigan State House of Representatives district 34.
http://034.housedems.com/district-map/
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:41 pm 
Henry
F L I N T O I D

I would run, but I don't live in the district. I figure a Republican could just hand out his business card with xerox copies of Adam's work linked to above and get a bunch of votes that way.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:05 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Henry,
Do you currently hold office?

What are you running from.....or for?
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:51 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Henry sounds mad, wouldn't you agree stratton?

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:24 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Henry schreef:
I would run, but I don't live in the district. I figure a Republican could just hand out his business card with xerox copies of Adam's work linked to above and get a bunch of votes that way.

Perhaps after the primary you could go volunteer for my opponent. Let me know if you need to figure out how to conatct him. Wink

Maybe you should consider running on the Democrat's side so you can help keep our taxes high and support abortion.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

I have to say I don't know Adam from....well, Adam. I found myself agreeing more with what he said, but he made some outlandish comments. And his opinions are convoluted and unclear.
quote:
andi03 schreef:
Why don't you "attack" the issues and not the person.....It would make your rants somewhat tolerable to read.....capiche?

I couldn't agree more, but stratton certainly didn't follow that logic with the incredibly ridiclous....
***Adam,
Why would you even recognize anonymous posters (posers). If they have enough chutzpa to say the things they have about you, it would seem they would identify themselves and their motives.***
Yeah - like that really speaks to the issues and not the person!

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:48 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

You might be confused because I have better things to do than write long-winded disertations on here. If you don't bother to do any research or use any critical thinking skills then yes some of my statements would seem unclear.

Some people may be too scared to identify themselves. If they are attacking me it may be smart not to identify themselves in case I feel like making them look like an idiot.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:13 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

Well, I am confused, Adam. The first confusion came from your inability to spell “dissertations” correctly. Yet I’m the one who doesn’t do the research? I’m confused how you want to represent the people when you can’t even represent the intelligent.

Also, you floored (and also lost a lot of people’s respect here) us by saying you have better things to do than write long-winded “disertations” on here. Really? Are you kidding? Have you seen some of your posts? They’re mostly all long-winded, lengthy, and boring! They go in all different directions and rarely speak directly to the subject. Maybe Henry was being a little harsh earlier and I agree it was a bit overboard and personal, but I can certainly see now how you got on his bad side.

Use any critical thinking skills? That makes no sense at all. If you’re going to rebut an opinion (and if you’re in politics you had better learn this soon), you’d better back up what you’re saying. Putting your name out there does not mean people are too scared to identify themselves. Look around you. Most of these posts are by individuals who you call “too scared to identify themselves.” It may be smart not to, in case you feel like making them look like an idiot? Now there’s a real mature statement form a guy I’d like representing my district!

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:44 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

How come everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over the Adam issue. He speaks his mind. You always know where you stand with him because he is going to tell you.... no guessing... Not such a bad quality to have.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opinionated schreef:
Well, I am confused, Adam. The first confusion came from your inability to spell “dissertations” correctly. Yet I’m the one who doesn’t do the research? I’m confused how you want to represent the people when you can’t even represent the intelligent.

Also, you floored (and also lost a lot of people’s respect here) us by saying you have better things to do than write long-winded “disertations” on here. Really? Are you kidding? Have you seen some of your posts? They’re mostly all long-winded, lengthy, and boring! They go in all different directions and rarely speak directly to the subject. Maybe Henry was being a little harsh earlier and I agree it was a bit overboard and personal, but I can certainly see now how you got on his bad side.

Use any critical thinking skills? That makes no sense at all. If you’re going to rebut an opinion (and if you’re in politics you had better learn this soon), you’d better back up what you’re saying. Putting your name out there does not mean people are too scared to identify themselves. Look around you. Most of these posts are by individuals who you call “too scared to identify themselves.” It may be smart not to, in case you feel like making them look like an idiot? Now there’s a real mature statement form a guy I’d like representing my district!

I'd run things through spell check but I don't feel like it.

My posts are generally brief. Yes articles I copy and paste may be longer.

Perhaps if you had more critical thinking ability you'd figure out what I'm getting at. What's your name and what city are you from? If my district wants someone who work with liberal democrats to add more taxes and more programs than they should vote for the dem. You seem like the type of person who likes paying high taxes and liberal leadershp. Perhaps you should move to my district so you can apprecate the type of leadership I would/am fight/ing vigorously to anhialate.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:26 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: