FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Which Dem should beat Adam Ford for Michigan's 34th?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Who should be the Democratic Party nominee for Michigan's 34th?
Richard Dicks Jr
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Max Garza
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Eleazar D. Barzart
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chris Del Morone
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Woodrow Stanley
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I'm going to move to the district so I can beat Ford myself as a write-in candidate
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

This just in....

Flint Talk regular Adam Ford is indeed the only Republican running for Michigan's 34th House seat this year, but there are at least three Democratic Party candidates running in August's primary.

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/05/the_big_race_this_year_genesee.html

quote:
The 34th district is another crowded field this year with incumbent and Democrat Brenda Clack unable to run again because of term limits.

The most recognizable local name by far on that ballot is former Flint mayor Woodrow Stanley, now chairman of the Genesee County Board of Commissioners.

He faces four other Democrats including Richard Dicks Jr., Max Garza, Eleazar D. Barzart and Chris Del Morone. And, Adam Ford will also take his shot as the lone Republican candidate in a heavily Democratic district.

For some reason, Max Garza, and Eleazar D. Barzart are not listed as candidates on the Genesee county clerk site: http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/clerk
So, tell me, which one of these candidates would be best suited to win?

Last edited by Kevin McKague on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:23 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Let's see....Stanley was recalled as Mayor of Flint after getting into a $26 million hole...Dicks is under federal investigation. My guess is it will be one of those two.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:26 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Be careful, Beevis, Mr. Ford has strict guidelines on who may call himself a "conservative". Are you sure you are, in fact, a "Flint Conservative"?

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:32 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey if Kwamae should somehow be kicked out of office (unlikely as that will be) maybe he will come to Flint and add his name to the list. He seems like an ideal Democrat.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:34 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Yeah, twotap, you're right. Republicans never break the law, ever

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:40 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Never said that, just helping ya find a good qualified Democrat candidate. Laughing
Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:59 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:

Not trying to stick up for any lawbreakers, but since you provided the link, I found it amusing that there were 478,000 hits. When I changed the search to "convicted democrat official" instead of republican, there were 702,000 hits.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:12 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Darn! Just where is that liberal biased media when you really need them?

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:16 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Not trying to stick up for any lawbreakers, but since you provided the link, I found it amusing that there were 478,000 hits. When I changed the search to "convicted democrat official" instead of republican, there were 702,000 hits.

That is pretty amusing since most of the time when a Dem gets caught they usually get a promotion and for sure reelected. Laughing I do have a off topic question though, since we have a 18 wheel driver on the forum. Can ya name for us any democrats anywhere that are doing all they can to lower the price of that diesel fuel for ya. I brought up the fact that America runs on oil a while back and got hammered as being unpatriotic for such a comment. Ill bet you would agree that your livelyhood depends on it.

Weekly Retail On-Highway Diesel Prices - Average All Types
(Dollars per gallon, including all taxes)
Region 05/26/08 06/02/08 06/09/08 Change from
week ago U.S. 4.723 4.707 4.692 -0.015 1.900
East Coast 4.779 4.759 4.743 -0.016 1.954
New England 4.843 4.846 4.834 -0.012 1.952
Central Atlantic 4.913 4.907 4.879 -0.028 2.006
Lower Atlantic 4.717 4.687 4.677 -0.010 1.933
Midwest 4.667 4.643 4.615 -0.028 1.862
Gulf Coast 4.673 4.664 4.658 -0.006 1.916
Rocky Mountain 4.653 4.680 4.698 0.018 1.761
West Coast 4.883 4.878 4.874 -0.004 1.933

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California 5.027 5.027 4.992 -0.035 1.995
Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:17 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:
Darn! Just where is that liberal biased media when you really need them?

Just for fun (ok...I"m bored)...I searched "convicted democrat" & "convicted republican" on these sites:

cnn.com: Dem: 644 hits, Rep: 880 hits.
abcnews.com: Dem: 1,254 pages, Rep: 1,815 pages.
cbsnews.com: Dem: 5 hits, Rep: 19 hits.
foxnews.com: Dem: 358 hits, Rep: 1,050 hits.

"democrat accused" & "republican accused":

cnn.com Dem: 2,459 hits, Rep: 2,876 hits.
abcnews.com: Dem: 1,488 pages, Rep: 1,755 pages.
cbsnews.com: Dem: 25 hits, Rep: 55 hits.
foxnews.com: Dem: 1,000 hits, Rep: 1,110 hits.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:04 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

You mean Faux News showed the same trend as the other outlets? I heard that they simply report and allow us to decide. I decide that numbers don't lie. More Reps are lawbreakers than Dems.

One of the reasons I became a truck driver is because, as a college dropout (shoulda listened to Dad, that "year off" college was a bad idea), I wanted a job that was recession proof. Since I'm not an owner-operator, and I work for a company, I simply hand over the company credit card as I spend about $500/day in diesel. It doesn't directly effect me, at least until I go shopping. Everything sold in every store got there by truck. My job is pretty secure. Its the owner-operators that are in trouble. Not all of them have the same ability to simply add the cost of business into what is charged for shipping, and the big companies are far better at absorbing those costs. A lot of them get large-volume fuel discounts, at least that is what I'm told.

There are a lot of middle-aged people like myself getting into driving now. We're not gung-ho about the trucks, I could care less about them, its just a job for a lot of us. I get to see a lot of the country, which is cool, but, in the end, I'm just glad to be doing a job that is important to the economy and can't be sent overseas. My job is pretty secure. Economies change, but stuff will always need to get to the stores somehow.

We will now return to our regularly scheduled thread topic:

Any third party candidates?

Last edited by Kevin McKague on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:18 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
Let's see....Stanley was recalled as Mayor of Flint after getting into a $26 million hole...Dicks is under federal investigation. My guess is it will be one of those two.

That's Richard Dicks, Jr., the son of the Fire Chief and David's twin brother. As fas as I know, he's not under any investigation.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:

Have you noticed that when a Democrat is under investigation, indicted, or whatever, that the media doesn't mention party affiliation, but when it's a Republican, they do?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:

Any third party candidates?

Maybe I'll start the Free Beer party. That should get a couple votes. Laughing

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:23 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:

Have you noticed that when a Democrat is under investigation, indicted, or whatever, that the media doesn't mention party affiliation, but when it's a Republican, they do?

For example.....

ABC's Marcus Baram is reporting that Democratic Senators Chris Dodd (Conn.) and Kent Conrad (N.D.) "had their home loans handled by [Countrywide Financial's] VIP desk, where a team of loan officers would work out favorable terms in conjunction with [CEO Angelo] Mozilo, according to two former Countrywide executives."

Only their party affiliations are nowhere to be found in the ABCNews.com story.

Conrad is Chairman of the Senate Budget Committee and chairs a subcommittee of the Senate Finance Committee, according to his official Web page. Dodd serves as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs. These committee chair assignments were also missing from Baram's story.

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:32 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: