FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: new cat question.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

After we rescued the little critter she liked to be held and played with but lately all she wants to do is find a bed to sleep on. Since I am new at the cat lover game and our other one thinks hes a dog complete with harness and flex leash I was wondering if any of you also have what appears to be the classic lazy cat?
Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:13 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

I always thought that was the definition of a cat. Oh wait...don't forget aloof.
Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:16 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

They all go through phases like that, never fear. My little hellion sleeps like 18 hours a day, and terrorizes the neighborhood for the other 6.

They mellow out as they get older.
Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:56 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
They mellow out as they get older.

Happens to the best of us....except maybe twotap.
Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:16 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
My little hellion sleeps like 18 hours a day, and terrorizes the neighborhood for the other 6.

Jeez that souds like me when I worked third shift.
Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:14 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

You haven't had the little cutie for long, she is finally feeling comfortable enough NOT to be on guard in the new atmosphere that you have provided to her. Guaranteed that's it. Smile She feels loved and secure enough to actually lay down without one eye open to be on the lookout. Bassackwards as this sounds? Your cat is complimenting you.

The one that you rescued from the woodpile was too young to know better.

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:13 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Excellent analysis.I just bought the new one a harness and took her out for a while. What I found surprising was instead of her being a several week old kitten the vet said she is over 6 mo. old. She has to set some kind of record as being full grown she weighs just a bit over 4lbs. By the way that has got to be the smallest harness known to man. Laughing
Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:19 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Holy Cow!!! My cat is 11 lbs. yours is just a little gal.

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:58 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

She is tiny to say the least. If their was a runt in the litter she had to be it.
Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:09 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****By the way that has got to be the smallest harness known to man. Laughing*****

You are harnessing her power? Hahahahahahahahahaha......ahem.

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:21 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres an update on our "free cat. I took her in to have her plumbing reaarranged, after checking with the vet 100 bucks for spaying Ok sounds good. I get there and the technician checks her weight a little over 5.5lbs (man shes packing it on),and her temp everything OK. She than says that the basic spaying is $100 but I may want some options like a presurgery blood test to check her liver function, an IV during and after surgery, a pain shot, and of course a heated waterbed during her overnight recovery stay. Now like she tells me these are options and I do not have to do them. YA RIGHT. So now Im looking at the little critter thinking what if something goes haywire because I declined the options. So at any rate old hardass Twotap evil rightwinger shoots for all the options and gets the little cutie fixed up for $245 out the door. Our free cat. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Mon May 12, 2008 6:20 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Reminds me of the time I promised my daughter a pet turtle. Remember those plastic trays with a turtle and a fake palm tree at Kresge's (in the
60's) for, I don't know, $2.99? Ya can't get them anymore. They carry disease. (I never got sick?)

OK...we'll go to the pet store and buy a real one. I have an aquarium. Wrong heater. Wrong filter. Have to have a reptile light. $175 later, she's got her pet turtle. Vietnamese box turtle. (another illegal alien!)

3 days later, it stopped eating. Back to the pet store. "Oh yeah, they get bored with dry food." Buy him some "feeder" gold fish. I spent the next 7 years going to the aquarium store once a week to buy his "fish" dinners before we finally gave him away.

The things ya do for your kids.
Post Mon May 12, 2008 7:52 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

TT:
Sounds like she was only about 4 months old when you got her then if she grew that much.

Yeah, your just like the big, guy wearing Carhart's with oil under his nails holding on to the 8 week old puppy at my vets today......ya'll look really mean, but ya'll are different when dealing with things with fur....hehehe.

Post Mon May 12, 2008 8:52 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: