FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Neighbors decry Prosecutor David Leyton's decision
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
That's exactly why I don't want a gun -- I don't know what I'd do if I had to make a split-second decision.

Well at least thats one split second option you wont have to consider, as far as the others open to you they could be pretty bleak. You makes the choice you deals with it. Very Happy
By the way firearms can make a fashion statement as attested to by Cathy here.
Laughing Razz

And heres a couple more chicks who have decided to pack a little heat. Laughing
Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:18 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Demeralda, You are on here arguing with at least 2 people who know use of force, and train on it regularly as a requirement of their job. These officers actions were correct. Other officers know it, and so does the prosecuter.

You stated in an earlier post that all I care about is procedure. No, thats not all that I care about, but it weighs heavily on decisions that I make when I'm on duty. Officers who don't follow policy and procedures run the risk of criminal, and civil liability if they don't.

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:45 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I just can't agree with you, sorry. I'm familiar with the "blue wall", so I wouldn't expect any cop to agree. Nor any prosecutor -- they're all on the same side.

As for your second comment on procedure, that I do understand, and I don't blame you for feeling you must. Philosophically, I just feel that we have responsibilities and reason that go beyond the letter of the law. And it disappoints me to see those procedures violated when it comes to friends, family, and other cops.
Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:38 pm 
squash
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Of all the posts on this thread I believe the no.1 post would have to be Demeralda

Tap, I think your cyber-crush on Demeralda is making you soft.

quote:
I have an ivy league caliber education.

If me or Public D had said this it would have been lights out. Where is the righteous indignation? Where are the "elitist liberal" rants? Where is the anger?
Clearly she has a spell on you.

btw
I think that shooting the woman was excessive force. The situation didn't have to end in her death.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:42 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

LOL Squash, you're silly Smile

I think twotap recognizes that I take a group beating sometimes on here, and accordingly withholds a bit.

I'm sorry to report, however, that my school was not that liberal. Too many econ majors.

It was a nice crowd for "fair and balanced" debate though. LOL
Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:25 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Plus lets not forget that Squash or PD are not "thin long haired blondes". Laughing Of course I could be wrong. Shocked

quote:
Tap, I think your cyber-crush on Demeralda is making you soft.

Actually lately some of her posts have sort of had the opposite effect. Wink Razz Laughing
Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:46 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

HAHAHA too funny.

Actually I'm not that thin -- not like the hottie with the gun above. I just have big boobs, it makes me look skinnier than I am. Heh.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:03 am 
squash
F L I N T O I D

Oh boy! I think I'll leave you two alone for a while. Embarassed

Last edited by squash on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:08 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:12 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

You mean photos like this?

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:23 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Took ya long enough. Laughing Laughing Laughing Aint exactly the thin long haired blonde I was referring to .
Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:27 am 
squash
F L I N T O I D

Now That's Funny. Well played Andi.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Squash you aint been around the forum long enough to see how many times Andi has delighted us with a Fabio photo.
Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 am 
tricky mutha
F L I N T O I D

Apparently it takes an amply endowed well educated woman to possess gonads large enough to express necessary righteous indignation at incessant conservative dogma dominating this board. Demeralda is a lightning rod for discourse and dissent- a precise counter punch to Gerry Cooney tactics practiced here. The decline and fall of America in 2008 is a testament to the last two plus decades of conservative rule, either in the executive branch or in the Legislative branch during the 1990’s under Clinton, a Democratic poseur.

I’d suggest we begin learning Mandarin. With our National Debt now at $9.2 trillion (China holding IOUs worth about $390 Billion of it) and over $322 Billion of consumer goods now imported from the aforementioned the world’s most populous nation holds much leverage over us. Now I’m not a xenophobe, I embrace cultural diversity. However, it is ironic how in the name of free enterprise and cheap goods touted by conservatives we have buried ourselves in toxins and red ink from China. The consumer product safety commission employs one inspector to oversee the safety of all toys sold in the U.S. Who is looking out for us? Certainly not the corporate overlords and their screaming shareholders. Just another example of no accountability. The conservative movement has assured that.

So rather than engaging in some sort of cyber suck off contest, I would suggest those on this board mired in monolith (come on- no one is going to take your guns away) to reexamine both Liberal and Libertarian values. The word liberal has been maligned more than Sangiovese (or maybe just stomped on a lot) while the idea of Libertarian seems oblique to most. Here’s a couple of questions- why is the use of Marijuana against the law? Why doesn’t most of America allow same sex marriages or civil unions? The answer is because conservative leaders, in concert with a twisted sense of theology have prevented it. And packaged it politically. Or the Abortion issue- which has turned the American Catholic Church into a delivery system for Republicans.

Liberalism brought us OSHA (hey, I like to know what those chemicals in the corner are going to do to me- and I can’t count on my company out of the goodness of their heart to tell me it will destroy my lungs) and the modern civil rights movement. A Libertarian doesn’t want the government being the moral police. And that’s why Reagan was wrong equating his party post 1964 being Libertarians. Not when you’re in bed with guys like Falwell, Robertson, et al.

So bring it on, if you wish- just don’t cut and paste- give me your own words. Likely, I’ll wind up like a lone Wildebeest hunted by hyenas. And oh- Demeralda- I could use a little back up- or a verbal lambasting.

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:26 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
HAHAHA too funny.

Actually I'm not that thin -- not like the hottie with the gun above. I just have big boobs, it makes me look skinnier than I am. Heh.

WE WANT PICS!!!

(Or I'm bringing back blood-stained Fabio!)
Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:21 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: