FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Good news Bad news?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
plato

GOOD NEWS- ONLY 3 PEOPLE SUPPORT ELIMINATING THE FLINT OMBUDSMAN OFFICE.

Bad news - They are David C. Sharp, Paul M. Keep, Michael Riha,, the majority vote on the Flint Journal editorial board which in the editorial on 2/24/06 states:
Flint Ombudsman. Voters Tuesday should scrap post that hasn’t worked out.

What do you think?

Terry Bankert 2/24/06
Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:23 am 
rapunzel

Once again the editorial board shows how out of touch they are with constituent needs. Sure if your an editor of a paper and had a city complaint you wouldn't need an Ombudsman. If your a working joe and can barely afford the cost of living much less the cost of a lawyer to make sure you receive the city services you are paying for- then you need an ombudsman.

The editorial board gives us their opinion and tells us how they would vote. Instead of opinions pro and con and let the voter decide.

This is how they conduct candidate interviews also. They no longer carry a non-partisan Q and A of prospective candidates but question them behind closed doors and then diegn to tell us how to vote. Frankly, I could care less how they vote and usually after investigating facts I will find my opinion totally opposing their white collar views.
Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:26 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Do you think it might have something to do with the Mayor cozying up to the Flint Journal?
See my post on Flint Citizen. If it has been approved for posting by now.
Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: