FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: is racist talk on the rise?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This is tame compared to some comments I have seen on various sites. I commend Steve Meyers for controlling it as much as he can her on Flint Talk. However, these comments are similar to what i hear around the city and county.

The Chocolate City moniker echoes the former name of Washington DC. The comments about let them kill each other points to the low regard many in the white community have for the predominantly Black population in Flint.

HOW DID THE CITY SINK SO LOW? READ ANDREW HIGHSMITH AND YOU WILL REALIZE THAT THE WHITE CITY OFFICIALS, LEADERS AND PROMONENT CITIZENS CONTRIBUTED HEAVILY TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN FLINT NOW!

Missy April 28, 2012 at 3:06PM

3:15 am and at that club or any thing up and down Clio road should not be open. It would be interesting to know if the shooting was inside the club. The story says "at the club". As far as I am concerned, when some one is any where on Clio road at that time of the morning, they are looking for trouble and will certainly find it. Clio road is a mess and very dangerous between Ballenger and Carpenter on Clio. I would also like to know what goes on inside that BDMC besides chatting about Harleys. Hmmm!

Collin April 28, 2012 at 3:24PM

Shooting was indeed inside the club, per FPO.

Whiteone April 28, 2012 at 5:42PM

Well they sell food, dance, drink, talk inside the BDMC. That's what I saw the one time I went. Oh yea, there is that occasional talk about motorcycles and a little showing off...

burtonguy April 28, 2012 at 3:22PM

Missy,

Any crack down on illegal or after-hours black clubs are unoffically discouraged by police departments and government officials. After-hours clubs are considered an acceptable part of culture in the black community and a raid on such a club is cited by authorities as a main factor in the huge 1967 Detroit Riot.

FYI: White motorcycle clubs have crimes, too.

Whiteone April 28, 2012 at 5:35PM

Burton Guy said, "After-hours clubs are considered an acceptable part of culture in the black community." OMG I can't stop laughing over here! That statement could not be further from the truth.

Where did you get your data from? How many black people did you interview? Awww man that was a funny funny statement!

You also said, "You can't treat white establishments in the county and black establishments in the city differently without public cries of racism being leveled."

Another hilliarious comment! The Boogie Down is tame compared to say the Hells Angels, Pagans, and Warlocks just a name a few. Remember something, we live in a tiny corner of America, a lot of things that society does we do not see... Therefore, do yourself a favor, stop putting people in a box.

3sense April 28, 2012 at 5:59PM

Whiteone, I think burtonguy was referring to Flint, non of those clubs you mentioned are anywhere near here, they got more class. Be proud, Flint is a chocolate city. Who cares as long as they keep shooting each other. You don't hear those other clubs shooting members of their own club.

whiteone April 28, 2012 at 6:21PM

Hahahahahaahaha!!!!!!!!!! 3sense you can't read and you are funny... You should watch the news more about these, what did you say, classy clubs... I'm over here cracking up!

Furthermore, I care about people being murdered... You don't need to remind me that the "devil" does not care about death.

3sense April 28, 2012 at 7:03PM

OK, whiteone, if you are so concerned about people being murdered, why don't you go to these clubs and tell them to stop murdering each other. You know if you did that I would be reading about you in the obituaries, and then I wouldn't have anybody to rag-on. I know you mean well, but you are fighting a losing battle with Flint being the murder capital.

Whiteone April 28, 2012 at 7:43PM

3sense: Tell who? What you think I know who is doing the killing? If I did, the police would know first. You guys are awfully funny today... Well more awful then funny... Don't worry if I died I would haunt you... So you would be able to rag on...LMBO!!!

3sense April 28, 2012 at 8:30PM

Whiteone I give, apparently you will never understand what I White person is trying to tell you. All your comments show you are not interested in anyone's comments, unless they are on your wave length. burtonguy's nor my comments were directed toward you, but directed your comments to us. We made comments toward the club, and you took it personal. I know you are a better man then that.

burtonguy April 28, 2012 at 8:46PM

Laugh all you want, Whiteone. Then look it up yourself on the Internet if you want to because it is not a secret.

Clubbing is culture and unofficially protected activity. I had a contact in the prosecutor's office when Bob Leonard was in office who got into a lot of trouble for pressing the illegal after-hours activity. Part of keeping the peace is recognizing the differences as well as the similarities between different groups.

You are correct about the white media

Flint MI USA April 28, 2012 at 3:59PM

FPO had alot of commentary soon after this incident took place - I was just over on that site and about 140+ comments so far. As the poster above alluded to, three victims. Two inside for sure and a 3rd who showed up at the hospital (may have been the suspect).

Regarding any clubs, private meeting spots - it happens. I will say once again, lets curtail, reduce the number of hours liquor stores remain open within the COF. All of them within the COF are gathering points. This issue needs to be addressed.
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:53 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Flint Journal must have eliminated the original chocolate city comment and I applaud them. Jenny lib discusses and condemns it.

FPO is Flint Police Operations and they erase all blatantly racist and derogatory comments. They then warn all contributors that such langusge is not acceptable.

burtonguy April 28, 2012 at 4:31PM

You can't treat white establishments in the county and black establishments in the city differently without public cries of racism being leveled.

Flint MI USA April 28, 2012 at 6:56PM

burtonguy - this has nothing to do with white v black. I have long advocated that liquor stores be CLOSED earlier throughout the City. NO exceptions.

BTW - that is one of many things I have suggested...to curtail the criminals from roaming the streets.

Jenny Lib April 28, 2012 at 9:54PM

" Be proud, Flint is a chocolate city. Who cares as long as they keep shooting each other."

Racist statement of the week? Ding Ding Ding.

doinit4me April 28, 2012 at 11:16PM

When ole Hoodrow Stanley was the Mayor he said after hour clubs are part of the cultural history of black people in response to a spat of incidents at clubs primarily frequented by people of color. Remember...it was around the same time he said "Don't come north of the river" referring to support of the black community in the future after a black guy didn't get an appointment in the Sheriff's Department. He was pissed and couldn't see past his own prejudice.

The BDMC is usually quiet, relatively speaking, but it has been the scene of other shootings in the past. They usually handle their own trouble too so somebody must have stepped out of line.

B17Bomber April 29, 2012 at 10:00AM

a bunch of "boogie men" came to the "boogie club" and a "boogie man" did the shooting.
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:05 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This came from the story of the body being found in the river near the Flint- Genesee Township border. Because of the direction the river flows, this body very likely did not come from Flint.

Subcuture is one of many terms used to identify many Flint residents. Other terms are sub humanoid and troglydite.

czfan April 28, 2012 at 1:25PM

Well it aint like the dude was going anywhere. By the way just what is it that the Gov, Mike brown Oprah, or anyone walking the earth can do to keep Flints out of control subculture from doing what they do?
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:18 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Don't forget that racism can be a 2 way street. I've been at more than a few city council meetings and heard speakers referring to "the man" keeping them down. Not to mention "kill a whitey for Trayvon".

Some people apparently don't realize that there is only ONE race: human.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

That is true. I once left a Black Church because the Pastor seemed to change his message and came out witha "hate whitey" sermon!

Other north end groups have nothing better to do than criticize the "Arab" party store owners.

The Detroit newspapers did a story on how the big chain grocery stores have all but eliminated balck grocers (2 left in the state). Even the spartan and IGA stores have trouble competing.

Some black groups do not hide their blatant racism. last week I was told that the recent NAACP dinner speaker was blatantly racist in his speech and they were embarassed for the white guests at the function.

My point is that people seem to be more willing to express their hatred and the situation seems more volatile.
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:05 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

As I thought about this subject, I remembered recent comments made by local Genesee County politicians.

One comment ran that the politician felt Donna Poplar was a political asset in Flint's north end because her late father was "Smooth Sailing", a numbers guy and gambler. My argument to him was that not all north end residents supporr tthe thug life and not all vote for a politician becuse some of their family members violated the law.

This is a sad commentary on what some politicians and their supporters think about the total makeup of north flint residents and is racist on it's face.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:37 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Black pastors hate white America??? Shocked Oh you mean like the one the obamas sat in front of for 20 years? Could it be that the actions of blacks themselves have driven many White Americans to distrust and pretty much want nothing to do with them.

Crime, Blight out of control kids and a definte hatred for the white cuture by way to many blacks ( you know a black kid trys to do his or her best in school and is labled uncle tom by their peers). Recent comments by the new black panthers as well as obama interjecting himself in the Travyon shooting before any facts were even brought out. Jackson, Sharpton Farrakhan etc. The list is long but points out why more folks everyday are looking at the black community and culture as something to avoid.

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:00 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Not all of the crime is black youths. Many of the reciivists, like the recently arrested felons in Clayton Township and other communities were white. They drove out of flint to more afluent neighborhoods to commit their B&E's.

Much of the Tea Party movement is about a lack of racial tolerance.
Post Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: