FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Tea Party racism in New York

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Yvette Clarke, New York Rep., Notifies Police After Video Of Her Surfaces On Breitbart, Beck Sites

The Huffington Post | By Luke Johnson Posted: 04/27/2012 11:32 am Updated: 04/27/2012 2:01 pm

Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-N.Y.) notified the Capitol Police Thursday after receiving threatening phone calls, after a video of her appearing to criticize the Tea Party was posted on several conservative websites, according to a release from her office.

The video was first posted to Breitbart TV, created by the late conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart, and then picked up by Glenn Beck's website, The Blaze.

The video shows Clarke speaking at a candidate forum organized by Prospect Heights Democrats for Reform.

"When I say dealing with the Tea Party, they came up in the hundreds of thousands. So we couldn’t walk outside of our office without tripping over Tea Party members. And these are individuals that had no problems with racial epithets, they had no problem with cursing, spitting and everything else, they came to intimidate members out of passing the Affordable Care Act," says Clarke in the video.

There's then a cut in the video, one of four in nearly two and a half minutes. "But the moment that they came in and really just showed the ugliest sides of the United States of America, you can imagine -- it was clear to me that we were doing the right thing for Americans."

(Watch it here.)

Clarke, in her release, said she was referring to an incident during the health care reform debate where Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) said he had been spat on by a protester outside the Capitol, which Tea Party groups denied.

(Watch the video here.)

Clarke said her words were taken out of context, which she said was "extremely disappointing."

"I stand by my statement, and I will not be intimidated by those who use fear to make their point known. While I appreciate the calls from individuals who respectfully disagree with my remarks, we all have a responsibility to ensure that we change the dangerous discourse that can come from this hostile political environment."

She made her full remarks available online.

Also on HuffPost:
Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:23 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Videos were all over the media showing Representative Cleaver being spat on.

Are these tensions leading up to a race war?
Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:27 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ask the new black panthers. I have never seen proof that any teaparty member spat on or called out racial slurs to democrat members of congress during their little parade with san fran nan holding the huge gavel. Yet the claims still persist fueled by the lametream media the Huff post Rolling Eyes the lib democrats and I guess folks like yourself. By the way their is a standing $100,000 reward for anyone with actual proof it happened.

http://www.infowars.com/video-proves-tea-party-activist-did-not-spit-on-dem/

The funny thing is the thought that less then 12% of the population thinks they could last more then 45 minutes in an armed confict with a well armed white America is laughable to say the least.

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:09 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The proof is in the video. I saw it on tv numerous times and was appalled. Tea Party never admits the truth.
Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:39 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey!! you have the proof here ya go its still unclaimed. Im sure you can use 100 grand.

http://spagreport.typepad.com/the-spag-report/2010/04/100000-reward-for-proof-of-racism-still-unclaimed.html

Oh ya since your so into videos heres one for ya speaking of race war.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/04/latest-new-black-panther-call-for-race-war-kill-a-cracker-for-trayvon-video/

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:53 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: