FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: FOLLOW TERRY BANKERT TO CITY COUNCIL TOMORROW 4/30/2012

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I AM REPEATING TERRY'S COMMENTS BECAUSE THEY ARE SO IMPORTANT! NAYIRAH SHARIF IS PLANNING A RALLY AT CITY HALL SO WATCH FOR TH NOTICE.

EMERSON WAS A CONTENDER ALONG WITH JOHN DALY AND MIKE BROWN FOR THE POSITION OF CITY EMERGENCY MANAGER.

DO HIS COMMENTS ON THE GARBAGE AS A PERSON WHO WE VOTED FOR AS A DEMOCRAT MAKE HIM A CLOSET REPUBLICAN NOW THAT HE IS A LOBBYIST AND NO LONGER ACCOUNTABLE TO THE PEOPLE?

Terry_Bankert April 27, 2012 at 10:04AM

Follow

FLINTOIDS YOU ARE TOO QUIET! JOIN IN THE MAKING OF NOISE. We want Public Protection delivered from our Flint Police Department. Give them resources they are up to it. Browns plan is to submit Flint to County Wide law enforcement and dismantle the Flint Police Department.

" I offer my opposition a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them."[ Adlai Stevenson , Campaign Speech, 1952] and as said buY one." My enemies enemy is my Friend". I give a shout out to my new best friends the Flint City Council. Lets join this fight together with the Flint Community. WE DEMAND PUBLIC SAFTEY!

ALL FLINT RESIDENTS SHOULD ATTEND THE NEXT EMERGENCY MANAGER MEETING AND RAISE HELL.

This was the clear message from Kevin Smith the President of the Flint Patrol Union and Scott Kincaid President of the Flint CIty Council. These announcements were made at the South Side Crime Watch meeting 7pm last night. The meeting was held at Lincoln Park United Methodist Church Flint MI.

Alberta Douglas chaired this meeting and we are happy to see her.

Approximately 40 people were in attendance at this meeting. Same number as the last meeting I was at. This is a great turnout for a community activity in Flint Mi.

Flint CIty Council President Scott Kincaid spoke about the City budget and the lack of a community comment process before adoption. He contrasted Browns uninformed politically rushed process with the deliberative process of the Flint City Council.

Emergency Manager Michael Brown had planned on community input but for political reason moved on without it.

The General City workers are the hardest hit with immediate effect in the City Budget.The bumping rights of these employees will result in chaos in City hall, as if we need more, for about 30 days until the high seniority surviving employees settle into their new slots.

As you know our water bills are going up 25%. How can those on Fixed income make it. Expect more increases to come.

Did you know that business and landlords with vacant property like the Land Bank are favored with the water cost program. Now instead of a 3 mill tax that applied to all Flint properties the new flat fees will only apply to occupied residential properties. Kincaid said the poor income projection by Brown will cause this to flat fee to rise to $175.00 for each household.

Kincaid talked of the 3 mil charge. Homeowners should monitor your bills to make sure this is no longer collected. I bet they do.

Kincaid projects the city will lose up to 200 employees.

With the sum certain on waste collection fees Brown will now easily be able to give a privatized waste collection contract to a favored firm. We must watch this closely.

Of special concern for all of us is the loss of 19 police officers. How can we survive this. Kincaid stated Brown will never fire Chief Alvin Lock even with the State Police not satisfied with Locks performance.

Kincade pointed out his long term nemesis Robert Emmerson of Flint now living out of town and a prominent Lansing lobbyist who meets weekly to give directions/orders to Brown advocates no waste collection. “ Let the citizens take care of their own garbage!” Kincaid asserts he said.

Kincaid speculated Brown will place a 4-6 mill ballot question before you the votes soon. I think it is his only option. Ironic those of us that have chosen to stay in Flint,to live, keeping our business even investing are going to be punished by Brown and White.

To Kinciad Michael Brown has shown that he is not an effective financial manager. To me it just looks like his mission to to sell off our assets and privatize out service to vendors and people preferred by William White of the Mott Foundation or advocated by his other lackeys at the Uptown Reinvestment, Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce or any other Republican that knocks on Whites door. We should get the Governors phone records to see how many calls he take from White.

Brown was told to keep White’s favorite son Dayne Walling on the payroll because he has a young family. I wonder how long that will continue?

During the meeting Chairperson Alberta Douglas asked me about Charter Revision and I announced that I have suspended my efforts. My read is that there is not sufficient community support, most people are not totally satisfied with the charter and the strong mayor system. They do not want to risk the revision proce After going to dozens of community meeting and working the petition drive personally my observation is that most Flint Citizens principal concern is public safety, they like their councilperson and dislike Dayne Walling and want him gone. We spoke about the League of Women Voters report that recommended charter amendment. I suggested that it be brought forward. I am going to help the Crime watch NBH movement as much as I can. If any group wants to invited me to speak on Charter Amendment, Revision or Flint’s future please call 235-1970.

Kevin Smith President Of Flint Patrol Officers Association spoke. Smith said Mike Brown barely participated in the contract negotiations. My personal opinion is that Bill White wants the Flint public safety service contracted to the Sheriff and private service delivery. I sadly think the days of the Flint Police Department are number. Additionally my view is that Mayor Dayne Walling has taken this as a directive and this explains why he did not settle the police contract on his watch.

Smith said under the new contract his officers are working 84 hour weeks. They have 50 calls assigned to them every day, can only do 30. The average for other busy Police Departments in this county is 15. Smith also said the Michigan State Police are essentially running the Flint Police Department and are not happy with the current chief. He said the State Police Cherry pick the easier calls leaving the domestic call and other dangerous calls to the Flint police.

Union President Kevin Smith said the officers do not have the tools to do their Job. They are struggling to keep this community safe.

The Smith and Kincaid message to Flint Citizens is to attend the hearings of Brown and advocate in others ways for public safety.

They said essentially to Flint Citizens, YOU GUYS NEED TO GO DOWNTOWN AND RAISE HELL.

jkb01 April 27, 2012 at 10:50AM

Could you spew any more garbage? Put half of your effort in supporting the union into supporting Flint and great things can happen! Step 1 is acknowledging that Flint and Union are not the same word!

numero407 April 27, 2012 at 12:09PM

Were you at the meeting Mr. Bankert is posting about? I did not thnink so. Everything Bankert sadi is true. Especially the part about Troopers not taking calls they deem beneath them. And good luck finding one of them patrolling a neighborhood side street. I saw two of them stop a black adult male on West Dayton and Brownell.( A main Street) They handcuffed him, searched his car, and turned him loose. They had him destroy the Marihuana they found in his car, because it was not worth their time apparently. Listen to the calls that are dispatched on a scanner. The MSP only responds to calls that mention guns. With that said, good luck if your house is being broken into or your husdand or boyfirend is beating you .
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Do you or Nayyirah have any alternative solutions? I think we need either drastic retiree concessions or bankruptcy.

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:35 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

It's all an evil Republican plot!!!

The only alternatives I've heard involve large amounts of State and/or Federal money handed to Flint with no strings attached.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Repblicans did cut off special welfare spending that cities like Flint and Detroit used to receive. Some could call that racism others could see that as helping job creating cities create even more jobs instead of funding job losing cities.
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:23 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Everyone is talking about how angry Brown got at the budget meeting. Thankfully it aired Sunday at noon.

Now Brown has reduced the Flint Police Officer's union president's services to half time. Brown needs to learn labor law or he believes his dictatorship allows him to violate state law. He told Smith in a letter.

What about using Carpenter in a full time position days at Pal when the kids are only there a short time. That must be why Carpenter can go out for Tim Horton's coffee runs.

And what about Tonya Meeks? I haven't seen any big increase in the operation of the mini-stations. What exactly does she do? She got a payout of over $33,000 when she was first laid off and was immediately picked up by the State Police- Mott Foundation until the layoff was rescinded.

Police were paid for their unused annual and sisc leave, up to a specified limit when laid off or retiring. Other city employees could too but they had a lesser amount of hours they are paid for.

Is Brown stopping this as this definitely impacts the amount saved by the layoffs. But totally unfair in view of past practices and contracts.
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:15 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

kincaid referenced the fact that the State Police were not impressed with the performance of Chief Alvern lock. Well it appears lock does not communicate well with other local public safety officials.

So now we hve to pay Lock because he is Mike Brown's friend and Barnett Jones to do the same job, because Jones at least knows how to do the job.

Ryan eashoo tells me Steve Montle has resurfaced in the Chevy in the hole project.
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:21 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Speaking of Tonya Meeks, whose job is to train the ministation volunteers,
Brown hired a Bill Brown in resolution 2012 EM 195 to train the blue badge and mini station volunteers with simulator training. Previous volunteers were trained by the South side mini station coordinators.
Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:30 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Eric Mays
3 hours ago via mobile · .

Rally..Protest...increased taxes...taxation without representation...unconstitutional....11am to 1pm today in front of City Hall here today in the City of Flint...join us please...Thank You see you there...
Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:56 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: