FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: New Public safety officer
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The City hall grape vine is working overtime,

First- Barnett Jones is receiving some unspecified benefits. Notice No one in the media has asked for an explanation of what these benefits entailed.

I was told Jones was getting a new car. Well it appears that Lock had two cars, one of which was a Dodge Charger that he seldom used. Jones has been observed getting on the x-way in the Charger. Oh and free gas comes with the car.

Second- I got a personal message that Lock asked for and received a $10,000 raise from Brown. Maybe he was ticked off that Jones was getting more than him.

I have since gotten a phone call asking if I had heard the raise occurred.
Post Wed May 02, 2012 5:52 pm 
westflint
F L I N T O I D

It makes me sick to hear about this guy getting money for a car and gas, when citizens are stuck with enormous water bills. Most of us are struggling here to pay house, food and Dr bills. Recently I went to the Dr for arthritis in my knee and the office call was 187 dollors. Now I wonder if I have to chose between water and going to the Drs.
Post Wed May 02, 2012 9:16 pm 
bigmouthconservative
F L I N T O I D

Its a fact FOIA it!! 10K for double dipping Alvern.

Maybe this should be brought up to to the dynamic duo at the next EFM Budget public forum.
Post Wed May 02, 2012 9:30 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint emergency manager Michael Brown cuts police chief's benefits, increases pay

Published: Saturday, May 05, 2012, 7:50 AM

By Kristin Longley | klongley1@mlive.com
Follow
FLINT, MI -- Flint emergency manager Michael Brown eliminated police Chief Alvern Lock's fringe benefits, replacing them with a straight pay increase of about $10,000 a year, officials said.

Brown said he wanted Lock's contract to be in line with the rest of his appointed staff, all of whom are on professional contracts that include no benefits or limited benefits.

Lock will now be paid about $105,000 a year, Brown said.

"It's consistent with what I've done with others," Brown said, adding that it doesn't cost the city more. "It's a wash, really."

But police Officer Kevin Smith, president of the patrol officers union, said the move doesn't sit right with him, especially since Brown's administration recently imposed contract concessions on patrol officers after the parties were unable to reach an agreement.

Brown also recently hired another public safety administrator, Barnett Jones, giving him a $135,000 salary, Smith pointed out.

"Yet we're taking 20 percent from the guys on the front lines?" Smith said. "How's that leading by example?"

Brown has defended the pay of his administrators, saying the salaries are commensurate with their experience and expertise.

"I had to have management in place that could get the job done," he said.

When asked about the pay increase, Lock echoed Brown's sentiment about putting him on a similar contract to the rest of the emergency manager's hires.

"Nobody else was getting the (benefits)," he said. "So here I am."

Lock recently took the stage with Brown and Jones as city and local law enforcement officials unveiled a public safety plan for Flint. Brown said Lock and Jones will work together in implementing the plan.
Post Sat May 05, 2012 3:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

My understanding is that Lock was on a contract because he is a retired City of Flint Police Officer. So what are these benefits he is allegedly giving up?

He still has a city car. He had two so he gave up the charger to Barnett Jones.

He has health insurance as a retiree and his wife has a good job so he could have health care there.

Cash instead of a 401K?

As an appointee he could get sick and annual. However he should be contractual as he is a Flint retiree.
Post Sat May 05, 2012 3:42 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: