FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A Violent Summer and the violence continues!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

FLINT (WJRT) -
(12/28/12) - An elderly Flint woman fears she's being wrongly targeted and she's scared it could happen again.

Gradine Rogers says her family's home has been shot up twice since around Thanksgiving.

She was in bed both times and thankfully, not injured.

"My windows are shot out and the front of my house is shot up," Rogers says. "Bullet holes in the living room ceiling. One in the kitchen."

There's also a bare spot now on Rogers' couch where a bullet grazed it.

A picture frame is splintered where it was hit.

There's another bullet hole on her wall.

"I don't know what's going to happen," she says.

The damage was done by bullets during not one, but two shootings into her Barth Street home since around Thanksgiving.

"Police told me he (sic) just feels like they got the wrong house," Rogers says. "I'm not the target. I hope I'm not the target."

Rogers, who is 72, did not want to show her face, but did want to share her story because she doesn't know what else to do.

She's reported both shootings to police and says police have done what they can, but she's scared someone may shoot again.

"My reverend in the church is praying for me. I'm praying for myself," she says.

One bullet barely missed a cross she has hanging above her front door. She believes it's a pretty clear sign.

"I just got the lord on my side," she says.

Rogers contacted ABC12 after each incident.

"I am a senior citizen in Flint in fear of my life," reads a letter she wrote. "I'm 72 years old. Just leave me alone."
Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:05 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint police investigating scene of city's latest shooting death

By Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com
on December 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM, updated December 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM

View full sizeA Flint police officer investigates the scene where a man was found fatally shot inside a Mercedes-Benz near the intersection of W. Myrtle Ave. and Milbourne Ave. on Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012 in Flint, Mich.Griffin Moores | MLive.com
FLINT, MI -- A man has been found shot dead inside of a vehicle near the intersection of Myrtle and Milbourne avenues on the city's north side.
Flint police responded to a shooting call around 5:30 p.m. and found one man dead inside a Mercedes-Benz, which had crashed into side fencing of a home.

If the shooting death is deemed a homicide, it would be the city's 66th homicide of 2012, matching the all-time high set in 2009.

A door to the vehicle remains open and headlights remain on as the vehicle sits in the yard of a resident.

Resident Gail Liddell said she was sitting inside her Myrtle Avenue home reading the Bible when she heard what sounded like gunshots across the street.

"It heard three gunshots, like pop, pop, pop," she said. "It was real close."

Having lived in the neighborhood for nearly 15 years, Liddell noted of the gunshots "I hate to say it, and God forgive me, but it happens all the time."

She heard the gunshots, saw the car slide and run into a fence and called 911 twice before heading outside.

Liddell was heading towards the car with a blanket to try and keep the man warm but "unfortunately it was too late."

While speaking of the loss of the family for the person involved, Liddell said she has a fan running all day long to block out the noise and gunshots in the neighborhood.

"Heaven forgive me, I don't pay attention anymore, but this is way too close," she said. "God help Flint. Take care of their souls."
Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:54 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint home damaged after thief shoots residence with stolen shotgun

on December 30, 2012 at 3:31 PM, updated December 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

FLINT, MI -- A shotgun stolen from a Leerda Street home was used to damage a house on Comstock Avenue, according to a police report released Sunday.
An officer responding to a breaking and entering call in the 3000 block of Leerda was told by the male homeowner that someone broke into the home between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. and stole a black Mossberg pump shotgun, box of shotgun shells and food in the refrigerator.

Police noticed the back of a Comstock Avenue home damaged and window broken on by buck shot from the stolen shotgun.

No one was injured during the incident.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:57 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man in Flint driven to hospital after realizing he'd been shot in leg

on December 30, 2012 at 10:34 AM, updated December 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM
FLINT, MI -- A man was shot while walking home Saturday morning from an East Gracelawn Avenue corner store, according to a police report.
Police were flagged down at a local hospital and spoke with the victim who told them he was walking on Gracelawn around 3 a.m. when he heard shots being fired.

He fled on foot, then proceeded to fall in the snow at which time he noticed a gunshot wound to his body.

The victim was taken via a personally-owned vehicle to the hospital where he was listed in good condition. An officer noticed what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the man's upper right leg.

The man said he did not see who was shooting the gun, but he only heard the gunshots being fired, and no suspect description was available in the report.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:05 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Mother, three children uninjured after shots fired into Flint home

on December 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM, updated December 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM

FLINT, MI -- A mother and her three children were not injured Friday night after shots were fired into their Trout Drive home.
The 43-year-old mother told police a man she didn't know fired two shots into the home shortly after 11 p.m. after she broke up a fight between the suspect and another man unknown to her, according to a police report.

Her three children, ages 26, 18 and 16, were inside the home at the time of the incident but they were not harmed.

Photos and evidence were taken from the scene by the police department's Investigations Bureau, but no arrests have been made at this time in connection to the case.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:09 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint records 66th homicide of 2012, matching all-time high set two years ago

on December 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM, updated December 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM
FLINT, MI – Police tape and flashing lights marked off the scene of Flint’s 66th homicide of 2012 Sunday evening, matching a dubious mark set just two year ago.

A man found dead inside a vehicle around 5:30 p.m. at Myrtle and Milbourne avenues pulls the city’s homicide mark even with 2010 when an all-time high for murders was recorded in the city.

“Senseless murder. The answer to all of this lies in the people,” said Jackie Poplar, 2nd Ward Councilwoman, who lives less than a mile from where Sunday night’s homicide occurred around 5:30 p.m. “No home training, disrespect for a life, miserable…all of this is bringing these people that are committing these crimes.”

Few other details about the homicide were available at the scene, where law enforcement from Flint, Genesee County and Michigan State Police closed off the intersection where the vehicle went off the road and rammed into the fencing of a yard near the intersection.

A door to the vehicle stood open and headlights remained on as the vehicle sat in the yard of a resident.

Resident Gail Liddell was sitting inside her Myrtle Avenue home reading the Bible when she heard what sounded like gunshots across the street.

"I heard three gunshots, like pop, pop, pop," she said. "It was real close."

Having lived in the neighborhood for nearly 15 years, Liddell noted of the gunshots "I hate to say it, and God forgive me, but it happens all the time."

She heard the gunshots, saw the car slide and run into a fence and called 911 twice before heading outside.

Liddell was heading towards the car with a blanket to try and keep the man warm, but she said "unfortunately it was too late."

While speaking of the loss of the family for the person involved, Liddell said she has a fan running all day long to block out the noise and gunshots in the neighborhood.

"Heaven forgive me, I don't pay attention anymore, but this is way too close," she said. "God help Flint. Take care of their souls."

Poplar said despite the public safety millage, which passed in November, “I still don’t see officers on the street."

“Every now and then I see a state trooper. I see a weekend helicopter more than I see an officer on the street. That I know because it flies all over the 2nd Ward,” she said. “Our city has two police chiefs and crime is still running rampant. This is making no sense.”

She pointed to drugs and broken homes as reasons for people harboring anger and hopelessness that leads to murders.

“As long as you have that element of hopelessness, element of alcohol, element of illegal guns, you are going to continue to have this,” Ward said. “You are dealing with people that just don’t care.”

Poplar said she would forego heading to church because of potential gunfire which some residents choose to partake in to ring in 2013, while questioning why there is not a cease fire called for in the city.

“They don’t stop (shooting) until 3 or 4 or 5 in the morning. I know a lot of other people that won’t be going. It is a shame and disgrace. You are scared to travel to your church,” she said. “It’s a sad, sad day, but I’m continually praying for these young people. I really am. There’s got to be an answer. I don’t have it. I plead with them to change their lives.”

Despite the bleak outlook, Poplar said she still holds out hope for the city she represents.

“We’ve got to get back somehow. I still have hope. I never give up hope,” Poplar said. “I believe and hope one day our city will come back. It won’t come back to the General Motors days, but it will come back some way.”
Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:22 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Was Poplar uninformed about the millage when she supported it ? Told you before the State Police are unable to help. In the past it was our gang unit and the CATT team that kicked azz, Now those criminals are out of prison and settling old scores.

A commenter on FPO stated there was a rumored federal assistance coming. Those joint task forces that use federal agents, local city and county law enforcement do work. Hope this rumor is true.

Where is Barnett Jones? For our top LEO he certainly is MIA when it comes to the violence. Lock is over his head but his friendship with Brown means he will stay.Just like Brown's friendship with Atkinson got her another promotion.

And people are talking about the stupid statements Croft made on tv about the snow removal. Doesn't he realize compost was stpped a month ago? How did he get his job if it weren't for croneyism?

Thankfully the new EM law would mean Flint would not have tp pay for the EM's salary. But then again does Flint fall under that laws provisions.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:33 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

macology

There will be no major increase in police presense in Flint. The millage that was passed was not designed to do so. The millage replaced federal grants that may go away and will be used to release funds earmarked to police budgets in the general fund for other use. In reality it was intended to increase the general fund at a time when people would have never voted to do so.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Channel 12's Justin Betti had the best report on the 66 th homicide. The passender door to the blue Mercedes was open although the crash did not seem severe. The incident occured about 5:30 and yet Beti reported it took 3 hours before a crime scene investigative team arrived.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:57 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Channel 12's Justin Betti had the best report on the 66 th homicide. The passender door to the blue Mercedes was open although the crash did not seem severe. The incident occured about 5:30 and yet Beti reported it took 3 hours before a crime scene investigative team arrived.

Hey, it's a holiday weekend, whaddaya expect? Before long, they'll tell us to be grateful they show up at all. Unless, of course, it happens in a "desirable" area of Flint.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Cigarettes, liquor stolen from store on Flint's north side

By Dominic Adams | dadams5@mlive.com
on December 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM

FLINT, MI – Ten cartons of cigarettes and 10 gallons of liquor were allegedly taken early Sunday from a store on Flint's north side.

Flint police received a radio call in reference to a an alarm and when officers arrived at 3:50 a.m. Dec. 30, to the 4000 block of North Saginaw Street, near East Carpenter Road, they noticed the front door had been busted open.

There were approximately 10 gallons of a variety of liquor and 10 cartons of different brand cigarettes missing, the report said.

Police estimated the stolen property was worth $1,000.

The alleged thieves also dismantled the power boxes, leaving the store without electricity, police said.

No arrests have been made, the report said.

Dominic Adams is a police reporter for The Flint Journal. Contact him at dadams5@mlive.com or 810-241-8803. Follow him on Twitter or Facebook
Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:31 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Two rounds of shots about ten minutes apart near Dayton Avenue and Brownell or Winona. Ambulances running from that direction

earlier a aman stabbed on wolcott and arrived at the hosital in a private vehicle.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:33 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There are two individuals who were previously shot that are currently on life support. If they die the record will be added to this year's total and we will exceed the record.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
There are two individuals who were previously shot that are currently on life support. If they die the record will be added to this year's total and we will exceed the record.
If the cause of homicide occurred in 2012 they should be listed as a 2012 homicide.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:46 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint police identify 66th homicide victim of 2012

on January 06, 2013 at 10:46 AM, updated January 06, 2013 at 10:52 AM

View full sizeA Flint police officer investigates the scene where a man was found fatally shot inside a Mercedes-Benz near the intersection of Myrtle and Milbourne avenues on Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012 in Flint, Mich.Griffin Moores | MLive.com
FLINT, MI -- Police have identified 26-year-old Gerrell Dezmond Tyler as the city's 66th homicide victim of 2012.
Officer responded around 5:30 p.m. Dec. 30, 2012 to the intersection of Milbourne and Myrtle avenues for a shooting and found Tyler motionless in the driver's seat of a Mercedes-Benz.

Tyler was pronounced dead at the scene from apparent gunshot wounds, according to a police report.

There are no suspects in the death at this time.

Anyone with information on Tyler's death may contact Flint Police at 810-237-6800 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-422-5245.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:17 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: