FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dale Kildee-accused of sexual molestation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Susan Bradford Reports: Ethics Complaint Filed Against Dale Kildee ...4 days ago ... Our friend Susan Bradford reports that she's received information that an ethics complaint has been filed on Rep. Dale Kildee (D-Mich) A former ...http://www.originalpechanga.com/2011/11/susan-bradford-reports-ethics-complaint.html - 107k - Cached - Similar pages

http://susanbradfordpress.wordpress/2011/11/15/

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:31 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

In this report Bradford cites the dying father of the victim, Dale Kildee's second cousin, revealing the shame of hiding the abuse.

"After Christian Broadcasting Sytem President and CEO Jon Yinger submitted an ethics complaint against Kildee over his alleged abuse of an underage second cousin, the congressman quietly announced his retirement. When efforts were made to identify other possible victims, the House Page Program, whose Boardhe chaired, was abruptly terminated, Kildee has been running ever since, canceling interviews, and keeping a low profile, Yinger said.

For three decades, some of Kildee's family members claim they hid a shameful secret-that of the abuse of a young boy, who was 12 years old when the future politician from Flint, Michigan allegedly began to abuse him. The parents of the victim have been burdened with unspeakable guilt as beunbeknownst to them, they invited a predator into their home, where he allegedly proceeded to molest their son, "We encouraged Kildee to run for office and even went down to Flint to spur him on," the victim's mother said. "He spent almost every weekend at our house-it turn;s out in my son's bed," which was stationed in the basement away from adult supervision."

The story continues about Patrick as a young man who spirals into drugs,slf mutilation and mental illness. Patrick allegedly only spoke out after hospitalized with other victims of child abuse. The family alleges they confronted Kildee who never denied it , but spoke about two consenting adults. Patrick's sister said she confronted Kildee in his DC office and he denied the abuse and reminded her that her brother was mentally ill.

The family claimed they were fearful of Kildee's influence and backed off of previous attempts to expose him.
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:54 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

WNEM tv 5 is said to be preparing a report on the allegations and it is said to air Monday night at 11 PM.
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:57 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

The trackback link to the story is
http://susanbradfordpress.wordpress.com/2011/11/15/family-members-accuse-kildee-of-molesting-second-cousin/
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:04 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Link

Link

Link

Link

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

2 Republicans leave Congressional page board - Democratic UndergroundDale E. Kildee (D-Mich.) ... At that time, page board members said they weren't informed of sexual come-ons by Rep. Mark Foley ( R-Fla.) to former male pages. Foley resigned his seat in September 2006, and the scandal was one ... Read more: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-pa. ...http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3093429 - 79k - Cached - Similar pages

December 7, 2007

WASHINGTON -- Two Republican House members resigned Thursday from the board supervising teenage pages, accusing a Democratic appointee of failing to inform them about sexual and criminal activity by at least four youngsters. The board's chairman, Rep. Dale E. Kildee (D-Mich.), supported the Republicans, blaming House Clerk Lorraine C. Miller -- the day-to-day administrator of the page program -- for failing to immediately notify page board members of all the inappropriate conduct .

Miller, appointed by the House Democratic leadership, said she followed a zero-tolerance policy toward the teenagers, who were expelled and sent home. But she did not directly respond to the accusation that she was lax in telling the board what had happened.

The resignations by Reps. Ginny Brown-Waite of Florida and Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia suggested that supervision problems echoed those revealed a year ago when Republicans were in charge. At that time, page board members said they weren't informed of sexual come-ons by Rep. Mark Foley ( R-Fla.) to former male pages. Foley resigned his seat in September 2006, and the scandal was one reason that Republicans lost control of the House.

Pages are high school students who run errands for lawmakers and learn about Congress while attending high school classes at a congressional school.

Brown-Waite wrote a scathing letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco) charging that Pelosi had "learned nothing from the lessons of the Mark Foley scandal." Brown-Waite said four pages had been dismissed this year "for serious criminal acts and for inappropriate sexual indiscretions." A House Republican official said the criminal activity involved shoplifting. The official could not be quoted by name because he wasn't authorized to comment on the issue.

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-pa...

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:11 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
December 7, 2007 WASHINGTON -- Two Republican House members resigned Thursday . . . .
No valid links for the 2007 article and the Read more...
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

After reading the original story, I had questions as to the veracity of the alleged repressed memories. Then I heard the tapes with the family making the allegations and I am even more convinced that this story probably did not pass the smell test.

It is easy to smear someone's name and even when they have been cleared of any wrong doing, the stigma remains. The family states they are angry and want revenge. Interestingly enough in the 4th tape, Patrick's mother after chastising Suzi for befriending Dale is told by Suzi that Suzi is only using Dale. The tape abruptly ends there.

The time line is fuzzy and Patrick's age (the alleged victim)is in question. The mother states it was prior to Kildee's marriage to Gayle, which was 1965 and over 46 years ago, Patrick was said to be about 12 when the incidents allegedly happened and then they talk about his being a boyscout and his behavior changing only after he became about 16 or 17. The behavioral changes should have occurred sooner and close to the time of the alleged abuse.

Patrick appears to have led a difficult life filled with drugs and alcohol abuse as well as a period of losing his family, being homeless and being institutionalized in a State mental hospital. It was in the state hospital when he was in the company of other alleged victims of child sexual abuse that he recalled being abused by his uncle. The mother siad she believed he was about 36 to 40 when he was last in jail after shooting himself in the hand when he told her about the repressed memories surfacing while he was in the mental hospital.

Patrick's ex-wife is now in Utah and his daughter was briefly a lesbian and now married to a man. They decline to discuss the son, but you get the impression things are not well with him.

The family discusses wanting to get revenge, but admit they have no substantiation of the charges. Even the friends of Patrick are said to have no knowledge of the alleged abuse. but yet the story was written.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Elizabeth Loftus is a professor of Psychology and adjunct professor of law at the University of Washington. She is an expert in the area of repressed memories and has received numerous awards in her professions.

She wrote an article entitled CREATING FALSE MEMORIES, published in the Scientific American in September 1997 (vol 277 #3 pages 70 -75) where she discusses how in therapy sometimes suggestive therapies can bring out false memories of alleged child abuse and child sexual abuse. While there have been multimillion dolar lawsuits against the therapists, the real damage is to the paents and family members who were accused of these heinous acts.

"How can we determine if memories of childhood abuse are true or false? Without corroboration, it is very difficult to differentiate between false memories and true ones? Also,in these cases, some memories were contrary to physical evidence, such as explicit and detailed recollections of rape and abortion when medical examination confirmed virginity. How is it possible for people to acquire elaborate and confident false memories? A growing number of investiagtions demonstrate that under the right circumstances false memories can be instilled rather easily in some people."
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:16 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

It is interesting to note that the memories of child sexual abuse occurred in a setting where other individuals who engaged in the same acts of self mutilization as did Patrick, also had memories of child sexual abuse. True or false, these allegations are merely that, allegations.
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:23 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
December 7, 2007 WASHINGTON -- Two Republican House members resigned Thursday . . . .
No valid links for the 2007 article and the Read more...

2 Republicans leave Congressional page board - Democratic UndergroundDale E. Kildee (D-Mich.) ... At that time, page board members said they weren't informed of sexual come-ons by Rep. Mark Foley ( R-Fla.) to former male pages. Foley resigned his seat in September 2006, and the scandal was one ... Read more: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-pa. ...http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3093429 - 79k - Cached - Similar pages

Found it with search links Dale Kildee sex scandal and LA Times Kildee Page Board Link was the Democratic underground
Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

TV 5 on Sunday

Dale Kildee
SAGINAW, MI (WNEM) -
A local Congressman who has held office in Mid-Michigan for nearly 50 years is accused of sexually abusing a family member.

During a six-month-long investigation, WNEM TV5 talked exclusively to Patrick Kildee, the second cousin of U.S. Representative Dale Kildee, who insists the abuse took place on multiple occasions, more than 50 years ago.

WNEM TV5 also talked to family members and a case worker, to corroborate Patrick Kildee's account of what he insists happened when he was 15 years old.

In his exclusive one-on-one interview with TV5, Patrick Kildee remembers meeting with Congressman Dale Kildee years later hoping for an apology. Patrick Kildee says the two talked about what allegedly happened during a car ride in the Traverse City area.

In a portion of the interview Patrick Kildee says, "I get in the car ... we start driving away ... I said 'Dale I gotta tell you, you have no idea of what I have been through because of what you did to me.'"

Patrick claims that the Congressman responded by saying, "'Every year I make a general confession, that's the first thing on my list every year. I keep confessing it every year ... You have no idea how much I suffer because of what I did to you."

Patrick continues, "I'm sitting here, I never once thought of him suffering for the secret too soon ... I was going to forgive him. It was just about ready to come out of my mouth."

Then Patrick Kildee claims Congressman Kildee said, "Well you know you did come on to me ... this was a mutual thing." That's when Patrick says he got out of the car and walked away.

WNEM TV5 has contacted Rep. Dale Kildee several times for a one-on-one interview.

He himself has denied our requests and so have various people representing him.

Earlier Sunday night in a press release, Congressman Dale Kildee writes, "The allegations against me are completely false and shameful ... I regret having to air all of this in public ... but I feel like I have no choice."

>> READ: Kildee's Official News Release
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:36 am 
Stephen James
F L I N T O I D

Understand the “Who and “Why” this story has been concocted.
Patrick: Mentally ill, drug addict how once vaguely stated that he was abused by a family member, now caught up in a lie that has benefited him by bring him back into the family for financial care and sympathy.

Jane; (Patrick’s mother) A mother heartbroken and guilt ridden for her son’s desperate life, piecing together a story and time line that the rest of the family (Traverse City Kildees’) finds no evidence of.

Sandy: (Patrick’s sister) repeating her mother’s story to elevate herself within her politics, religion and pro-life group.

U.S. Rep. Dale Kildee contacted FBI after attempted shakedown
http://www.progressmichigan.org/blog/2011/11/us-rep-dale-kildee-contacted-fbi-after-attempted-shakedown.html
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

EVERY ONE KNEW DAN KILDEE WANTED TO RUN FOR THIS SEAT
INCLUDING THE REPUBLICANS. PRUDY ADAMS NEEDS TO GET REAL-THEY WANT TO SMEAR KILDEE NAME

Republican Party chairwoman reports receiving letter accusing U.S. Rep Dale Kildee of sexual assault

Published: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 8:50 PM Updated: Monday, November 21, 2011, 9:36 AM

By Roberto Acosta | Flint Journal
Follow

FLINT, Michigan — Genesee County chairwoman Prudy Adam says based on a letter she received from the sister of the an alleged molestation victim of U.S. Rep. Dale Kildee she believes the report in today's Washington Times.

View full sizeFile photoPrudy Adam
"I received the letter over a year ago from the sister of the victim," said Adam. "I contacted several different people trying to get someone to listen and take us seriously."

Adam said she met with alleged victim Patrick's mother, sister and stepfather during an interview with Jon Yinger, Christian Broadcasting System President and CEO, owner of WSNL-AM in Flint.

Kildee has denied any of the allegations in the audio recordings.

She refuted any possible political implications with the allegations coming out at this time as others have questioned the timing of the announcement.

"It was after the election, it was not political," said Adam. "I had no idea that Dan Kildee was going to run for Congress. I have no idea how they could tie in."

Ariel November 21, 2011 at 12:21AM

Oh Mis Prudy and just what is your evidence other than your hadred of all things Democrat?

Where were you when Paul Scott got his staffer pregnant and paid her $10,000. for 2 and a half months work. Did you check to determine the source of the money paid to his baby's mommie?

The Republican lack of concern about this matter caused me to oppose Scott.

nolibspin November 21, 2011 at 1:00AM

Yup and for the same reason, Molestacrat Dale Kildee is guilty until he proves himself innocent just like we convicted all the molesting priests.

Micop22 November 21, 2011 at 5:55AM

Nolibspin, I see your following this quite close but your comments are the same like lets hang him and then see if he is innocent. You have the right to free speech and yet I think if you looked into some of the facts you would hopefully be intelligent enough to see that Mr. Kildee, just might be innocent. Listen to the tapes from the family it is sickening they admit to the Social Security Issue. Why would they not stand in line for their benefits like everyone else? Why did the people go to The Republican Chairwoman and not Law Enforcement. Could it be because a false report is a crime? hen they go to the opposing Political Party I see someone with a agenda, don't you? I heard the tapes and if the victim is so upset of this why has he not said a word to anyone? There is no statement from him that says, yes it happened. Not even a year ago when the family met with the Republican Party Chairwoman. His Mother, StepFather and Sister showed for the meeting not him. So it really makes me wonder just what is going on.

nolibspin November 21, 2011 at 9:02AM

Just because Ol Dale's relatives are slime balls too doesn't necessarily mean they aren't telling the truth. Why don't you go look up the legal term, "Preponderance of the Evidence" and get back to me.

Micop22 November 21, 2011 at 6:00AM

Also, this was brought to light 25 years ago so why wasn't something done then???? Why now another 25 years later. You can bet if it was one of our kids we would not have waited another 25 years to resolve this matter. This is just not correct. Now 50 years later.

TheRealBoomer56 November 21, 2011 at 8:35AM

I had a family member that was molested and it was brought to light many times. However, the person worked for the Michigan State Police, so the prosecutor said they did not have enough evidence to prosecute. This man had been brought up on charges three times before and it got dropped each time. So don't you dare say as a parent we don't try. Don't be so quick to judge until you know all the facts Mr. Cop.

jimpse November 21, 2011 at 8:33AM

The people that are doing the accusing should be charged as well . If they new of this 50 years ago they covered it up. If it was true why did they wait 25 years? I hope they investigate them as wel
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:13 am 
Stephen James
F L I N T O I D

In response to Motorcity007 valid questions.
Not speaking for Mr. Kildee, but think about this…..
1) Do you believe that Patrick is cured of his mental illness or is living now copping with it?
2) Do you not think that Patrick was exposed to the question of sexual abuse during his treatment during his early years and do you know that Patrick, seeing the sympathy and an excuse for his poor “Life” choices as being motivation to vaguely stating that he was molested? (P.S. his guilt-ridden mother found this to be a way to valid herself as a mother of a prodigal son.)
3) Politically motivated! Yes, and no. This group, Jane the mother, re-married to a hard core republican, sister Sandy, is a rightwing Christian with strong radical pro life views (Hates that Dale voted for Obama’s health care package). The reason that this allegation has taken so long to be published is due to its convoluted facts, lies, and time line. No respectable publisher would run the story because none could make sense of it. In addition, do you not think that in all the years of muckraking none of Dale’s political opponents believed the story enough to make propaganda fodder with it? When no one found any validation to the story, they went to their most sympatric allies, and floated the story in front of Republican Party leadership and Christian television programmers.
4) Not until they tried to blackmail Dale, and Dale took this letter to the FBI and then it was brought to the house ethic committee (which is evenly split between Republicans and democrats), but again, no one found it valid or believable. Understand that during this time both the Republican leaders and Christian television were hot on the story. The republican ran with the story as a way to smear all democrat (it was a no go before the election.) and as a way to fend off the chances of dems regaining Dale’s seat. I believe that Christian television unwittingly ran the story thinking they would be “Heroes” of truth.
Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: