FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Williams Street is done!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I drove down ML King yesterday and saw Williams street was finally open. What a difference. When John Carpenter told me of his vision for that street, I did not imagine it would be so dramatic.

This formerly overgrown street has been beautifully transformed. While not all of the historic lights have been installed, all of the dead trees and brush are gone, the street is wider and ready for the 5 homes that were to be built, Sewer and water upgrades were completed as part of the street renovation.

Carpenter will drive you nuts with his mantra about what is needed for a successful development and he concluded this was the best place to start the rebirth of Smith Village. Williams Street starts almost at the door of the beautiful Doyle Ryder School. Ie goes west to Ml King and can join 8th Street leading to Hurley. With all the other improvements to Hurley and the demolition of unsafe housing going on in the vicinity of Hurley, this was an opportunity to collaborate on potential housing for Hurley employees.

Good job John!

Unfortunately the dumpers are hitting Chippewa Street again. when is Speed going to do something with the old Florist warehouse on Wood and saginaw. It needs to be torn down. A mountain off tires are appearing on Chippewa Street and some fresh trash bags are behind Speeds building.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:15 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: