FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A new "special task force"?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

From channel 12's coverage of last night's special council meeting...

"There will be a special task force made up of people from the police department and fire department patrolling the city. They'll be focusing on areas where fires might be set, trying to make the city safer."

Where will the personnel for this task force come from? Reassign patrol officers & pull fire fighters out of the stations? Will it actually exist, or will it just be names on a piece of paper? I'm betting on the latter.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED
Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Has anyone heard about an emergency meeting at City hall at 2:00 p,m, today. Seems we had 4 more fires last night after 5 on Monday.

Community: Flint, Fire »
Flint firefighters responded to five fire calls
during Monday's shift
By Laura Angus | Flint Journal
March 30, 2010, 1:04PM
FLINT, Michigan — Flint firefighters responded to five fire calls during Monday's 24-hour shift, including one vacant house fire that burned an occupied home adjacent to it.

Battalion Chief Anthony Tinnin said firefighters responded to the blaze at 3:30 a.m. on E. Eddington Avenue, and that it caught the occupied home next door.

The now-closed fire station 8 would have been the firehouse to respond to this blaze, and Tinnin said if firefighters were able to get to the scene sooner there could have been less damage to the occupied home.

Three of the fires were minor and required little manpower to extinguish, said Tinnin. There was also another significant fire Monday morning.
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:11 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

On channel 12 this morning. They said it was closed door.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:37 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

I heard a rumor that that house was near Kincaid's house and now he is outraged and that is part of the reason for this special meeting today. Seems Kincaid only cares when things affect him. I wish I lived in his ward so I could help vote him out.

It's too bad that Kincaid doesn't look out for and care about the whole city as much as he looks out for his neighborhood.

Thomas Jefferson
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Also heard that today's meeting will involve State & Federal people.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:09 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Did anyone notice if Lawler was at the Monday meeting? I didn't see him on the tv coverage.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:27 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: