FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: EVERY fire crew in Flint??!?!?!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

From the Journal.

All Flint firefighters working overnight needed to put out blaze
By Melissa Burden | Flint Journal
March 27, 2010, 10:25AM
FLINT, Michigan — All Flint fire crews working overnight were needed to put out an early morning blaze in a vacant multi-unit building on W. Court Street, according to a fire department official.

“I had everybody in the city,” said Battalion Chief Anthony Tinnin, adding the city didn’t need mutual aid.

Firefighters were called to 1612 W. Court St. just after 4 a.m. and in all, 15 firefighters battled the fire for about three hours, he said.

“The second floor was very involved,” Tinnin said. “It was a very large building and we weren’t able to save it.”

An adjacent property also was damaged, Tinnin said. The cause of the fire is under investigation, he said.

The city's fire department staff is working with fewer personnel after 23 firefighters were laid off and two fire stations closed earlier this due to the city’s budget problems.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

The sad thing people don't realize is that insurance rates will increase in this town.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

If you will be able to get it at all.

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:48 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: