FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The last of the Kennedys
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Proof that cocaine and alcohol does damage brain cells.

Link

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:44 am 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

So because a man is passionate about something he believes and is upset that there was barely no press present for such an important bill, but major coverage of a scandal, he is bad and on cocain and alchohol? Twotap, your beginning to sound like Adam, issues are not just always driven by red or blue, right or left, they are driven by passion and conviction... You seem to be bline to that concept, and see threw goggles of everthing being either liberal of conservative. Where ea your comment when that Congressman disrespected the President by calling him a liar during his speech?
Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:33 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

A kennedy upset with the media thats hillarious. The lib media has been covering the Kennedys ass for decades from old Joes rum running to Johns tail chasing to Teds drunkin mishaps to trying to bury incidents of rape along the way. Theres a reason this clown is retireing, even the Mass liberals have had enough of the Kennedys crap.

Pachuco ill guarantee you if Bush was still prez the war on terror would make headlines everyday but of course since we have barack in command its been put on the back burner at least as far as the lib mainstream media is concerned. Want to hear whats happening for real on the two fronts try listening to Fox News they report the facts. By the way check Pattys Ks past record and you might see where the coke and alcohol comment came from. As far as disrespectful lieing is concerned I guess you missed your POTUS standing up in front of the SCOTUS and lieing his ass off while they were supposed to remain silent. Well justice Roberts let the teleprompter prez know the truth and still is calling him out on the big lie---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------heres passionate kennedys record on drugs and alcohol

Kennedy has acknowledged being treated for cocaine use during his teenage years, and admitted that he abused drugs and alcohol while he was a student at Providence College.[7] He sought treatment for an OxyContin addiction in 2006.[8]

Capitol Hill intoxicated -driving accident
On May 4, 2006, Kennedy crashed his 1997 Ford Mustang convertible into a barricade on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., at 2:45 a.m. A Capitol Police official said the congressman had appeared intoxicated when he crashed his car, but Kennedy claimed that he was merely disoriented from prescription medications Ambien and Phenergan.[dead link][16]. Anonymous sources are alleged to have seen Kennedy drinking at the nearby Hawk & Dove bar prior to the accident.[17][18] Kennedy also stated to officers that he was "late for a vote". However, the last vote of the night had occurred almost six hours earlier. The standard field sobriety test was not administered, and Kennedy was driven home by an officer.

On May 5, 2006, Kennedy admitted that he had an addiction to prescription medication and announced he would be re-admitting himself to a drug-rehabilitation facility at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota where he has sought treatment for prior addictions.[19] He has stated that he has no recollection of the car crash. On May 8, 2006, Kennedy got a show of support when he was endorsed by the Rhode Island Democratic Party.[20] On June 5, 2006, Kennedy was released from drug rehabilitation.[21]

Kennedy's written narrative of the motor vehicle accident in April 2006.After being asked if he expected any special treatment from authorities, Kennedy expressed that he hoped they would treat him as if he "were an African American in Anacostia".[22] On June 13, 2006, Kennedy made a deal with prosecutors and pleaded guilty to a charge of driving under the influence of prescription drugs.[23] He was sentenced to one-year probation and a fine of $350. Two of the three charges (reckless driving and failure to exhibit a driving permit) were dismissed. He was also ordered to attend a rehabilitation program that includes weekly urine tests, twice-weekly meetings with a probation officer, near-daily Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and a weekly meeting of recovering addicts.[24]

On Friday, June 12, 2009, Kennedy again announced that he has "checked into a medical facility for treatment". In a statement to the press, Kennedy said that his recovery is a "lifelong process" and that he will do whatever it takes to preserve his health. "I have decided to temporarily step away from my normal routine to ensure that I am being as vigilant as possible in my recovery," Kennedy said. He did not disclose where he was being treated.

[edit] Rhode Island accident
In an earlier incident, on April 15, 2006, Kennedy was driving a Ford Crown Victoria — registered to the "Friends of Pat Kennedy Inc" — on Turnpike Avenue in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. As Kennedy attempted to turn left into a CVS Please delete me! parking lot, his vehicle struck a Nissan Maxima driven by off-duty U.S. Coast Guard Warrant Officer Thomas Guthlein who was attempting to make a right turn into the same parking lot. Portsmouth police did not issue a citation to either driver.[25] One woman who witnessed the accident has expressed her opinion that Kennedy was impaired, but this has never been proven. Kennedy's handwriting on the police report was messy.[26] Guthlein is quoted in the Daily News (New York City) as saying "I never really got that close to him ... It was just a regular traffic accident".

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Which program on Fox News reports unbiased facts???? Is it Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, or O'Reilly? Don't hand me that bullcrap, Fox is just as biased as MSNBC, they just have more viewers. The closest thing to unbiased news is CNN, and if your truely want an honest news report, then BBC, but don't give me that bullcrap that Fox is unbiased because any person with some type of sense would know that it's not. Hell even The Greta show has a conservative slant.
Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hannity, Beck, and Oreily all report unbiased facts everyday its just facts you libs dont like hearing.

CNN ????They dont call that the commie news network for nothing.

The BBC your are joking right???
We are biased, admit the stars of BBC NewsBy SIMON WALTERS,

It was the day that a host of BBC executives and star presenters admitted what critics have been telling them for years: the BBC is dominated by trendy, Left-leaning liberals who are biased against Christianity and in favour of multiculturalism.
A leaked account of an 'impartiality summit' called by BBC chairman Michael Grade, is certain to lead to a new row about the BBC and its reporting on key issues, especially concerning Muslims and the war on terror.
It reveals that executives would let the Bible be thrown into a dustbin on a TV comedy show, but not the Koran, and that they would broadcast an interview with Osama Bin Laden if given the opportunity. Further, it discloses that the BBC's 'diversity tsar', wants Muslim women newsreaders to be allowed to wear veils when on air.
At the secret meeting in London last month, which was hosted by veteran broadcaster Sue Lawley, BBC executives admitted the corporation is dominated by homosexuals and people from ethnic minorities, deliberately promotes multiculturalism, is anti-American, anti-countryside and more sensitive to the feelings of Muslims than Christians.
One veteran BBC executive said: 'There was widespread acknowledgement that we may have gone too far in the direction of political correctness.
'Unfortunately, much of it is so deeply embedded in the BBC's culture, that it is very hard to change it.'
In one of a series of discussions, executives were asked to rule on how they would react if the controversial comedian Sacha Baron Cohen ) known for his offensive characters Ali G and Borat - was a guest on the programme Room 101.
On the show, celebrities are invited to throw their pet hates into a dustbin and it was imagined that Baron Cohen chose some kosher food, the Archbishop of Canterbury, a Bible and the Koran.
Nearly everyone at the summit, including the show's actual producer and the BBC's head of drama, Alan Yentob, agreed they could all be thrown into the bin, except the Koran for fear of offending Muslims.
In a debate on whether the BBC should interview Osama Bin Laden if he approached them, it was decided the Al Qaeda leader would be given a platform to explain his views.
And the BBC's 'diversity tsar', Mary Fitzpatrick, said women newsreaders should be able to wear whatever they wanted while on TV, including veils.
Ms Fitzpatrick spoke out after criticism was raised at the summit of TV newsreader Fiona Bruce, who recently wore on air a necklace with a cross.
The full account of the meeting shows how senior BBC figures queued up to lambast their employer.
Political pundit Andrew Marr said: 'The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It's a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities and gay people. It has a liberal bias not so much a party-political bias. It is better expressed as a cultural liberal bias.'
Washington correspondent Justin Webb said that the BBC is so biased against America that deputy director general Mark Byford had secretly agreed to help him to 'correct', it in his reports. Webb added that the BBC treated America with scorn and derision and gave it 'no moral weight'.
Former BBC business editor Jeff Randall said he complained to a 'very senior news executive', about the BBC's pro-multicultural stance but was given the reply: 'The BBC is not neutral in multiculturalism: it believes in it and it promotes it.'
Randall also told how he once wore Union Jack cufflinks to work but was rebuked with: 'You can't do that, that's like the National Front!'
Quoting a George Orwell observation, Randall said that the BBC was full of intellectuals who 'would rather steal from a poor box than stand to attention during God Save The King'.
There was another heated debate when the summit discussed whether the BBC was too sensitive about criticising black families for failing to take responsibility for their children.
Head of news Helen Boaden disclosed that a Radio 4 programme which blamed black youths at a young offenders', institution for bullying white inmates faced the axe until she stepped in.
But Ms Fitzpatrick, who has said that the BBC should not use white reporters in non-white countries, argued it had a duty to 'contextualise' why black youngsters behaved in such a way.
Andrew Marr told The Mail on Sunday last night: 'The BBC must always try to reflect Britain, which is mostly a provincial, middle-of-the-road country. Britain is not a mirror image of the BBC or the people who work for it.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:35 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Unbiased facts???? This is one of the drawbacks of board topics it takes the passion and debate out of the disccusion, and of course, alot people never concende to being wrong, there always right lol. Yes, FOX News is the only true unbiased news network, they have no political slant at all, at all. LMAO give me a break...
Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:08 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The thing you libs cant handle about FOX news is they dare to actually show both sides of a topic you know left right not the constant leftist dribble you are being spoon fed but of course like you said lots of folks are "Never wrong". By the way do you actually ever watch FOX news or just get your talking points about FOX news from the folks at BBC, CNN and olberman? Im betting on the olberman theory.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:35 am 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Actually yes, I haved watched Fox News, I've watched all the big shows, Greta, Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, all slanted to the right, and biased! Just like on MSNBC Maddow and Olberman are slanted to the left.
Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:48 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The thing about FOX is they will have guests from the left and the right debating subjects and allow the viewer to make his own decision on who is correct. This morning they had Geraldo as a guest who is about as far left as you can get giving his opinions on healthcare among others. They didnt interrupt him or try to talk over him which happens everytime in the rare instance when CNN or MSNBC has a righty on a show. Is Beck slanted to the right?? you bet if that means he is exposing the hypocrisy and foolishness of the left. Like I stated the reason the left despises FOX news as much as they do is because they no longer control what news is out there and are no longer able to slant it to suit their agenda. Thus the constantly piss poor viewing of the old left all the time news outlets. When I want to see whats happening today I always go to Drudge for the updates on stuff your not likely to see anywhere else except of course for FOX news. By the way funny you included Greta on your list of supposed rightys.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Jonah Goldberg
From the October 26, 1998, issue of National Review

EDITOR'S NOTE: Greta Van Susteren defected yesterday to the Fox News Channel. Van Susteren marks Fox's second recent high-profile liberal addition, the first being Geraldo Rivera.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:00 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
Unbiased facts???? This is one of the drawbacks of board topics it takes the passion and debate out of the disccusion, and of course, alot people never concende to being wrong, there always right lol. Yes, FOX News is the only true unbiased news network, they have no political slant at all, at all. LMAO give me a break...

Yeah like ABC ,CBS and NBC and NPR are fair and balanced , right Pachuco? FOXis a joke yes, but I will hazzard a bet that you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the ass. From your postings I know you are aspiring Lefty nut job who wants to clean up and make bucko bucks while posing as a "public servant" . You little urban Lefties have your own agenda and you also twist the facts to fit your percpection of reality. Truth is the first victim in a corrupted Democracy , it has been dead for a long time and people like you aren't really interested in uncovering it Pachuco, you already have your minds set up and made already, so why bother trying to create an illusion of "objectivity"?
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:21 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

You have no type of logic Ipissedoffguy, atleast Twotap has evidence to back up his claims... Lefty Nut job? Sure why not haha.... If that's what people call it these days...
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:02 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

geraldo rivera a lefty?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:37 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Finally a true statement from BA, your learning.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:20 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

I am starting to think there are no people in the middle on this site. I don’t know if I would be considered a Liberal Conservative or a Conservative Liberal. I guess I’ll just stick with I am an independent. Since I have no special connection with the left or right, I’ll throw in my two cents.

Most of the mainstream media seems to be leaning far to the left. There seems to be only one side to a story and when they have guests on that do not agree with their view, they are talked over or not allowed to finish a thought. As far as the BBC is concerned, they give more of an outsider’s view, though they present it with a British viewpoint. I believe they lean to the left, but not as drastically as the mainstream US news. I must admit that I think that Fox does a better job of letting both sides of an issue be exposed. Do they lean to the right, they sure do. But I do not feel they lean as far to the right as the mainstream leans to the left. If Fox only leaned to the right, then why do they have Colmes with Hannity?

It is more important that you listen to both sides of an issue and turn the BS detector to high. Take the facts and logical arguments and make up your own minds. That means that you will have to think instead of being spoon-fed you views. For a few people on this site, that may be a problem. But for most of you, it is part of the American way that we are each entitled to our own opinions.

Thomas Jefferson
Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:19 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

In the middle hmm well OK I kind of considered those in the middle dont really take a stand on anything but sort of stick their finger in the wind and see which way the trends are blowing.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:09 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: