FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Mayor:Spoiled Brat emberrasement? or Savior?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Furnitureguy
F L I N T O I D

This mayor is looking more like a spoiled little brat by the moment. It is also apparent he has become a complete and total emberassment to Genesee County and FLint. There are two articles in particular that illustrate this in this Sundays paper. One talks about the contest where Google is going to pick a city to start new technology they are developing. Cities were asked to submit something to illustrate to Google why they should locate there. The other cities did fun and exciting videos and had statements made by local officials inviting Google. They made great efforts. Why shouldnt they? Google is worth having in your community isn it?

Mayor Walling quote: "Were not planning any crazy stunts, but our area is perfect for Google"....Wow, this was the best a Rhodes Scholar could do? This was our best effort, a mere statement. Plain area, plain mayor, reckless stupidity and emberassment again.

Secondly at a pivot moment in the city's history when the Federal Goverment is getting ready to throw Billions at cities like Flint, Saginaw, and Detroit to help them ""right size" or reduce their size after much fan fare and national attention. This spoiled little boy has illustrated he lives in a false reality by stating "All neighborhoods are important" Really? Of course they are, and of course we can afford to take care of everyone right? With all of the money we are not collecting in them from taxes. We can afford to serve and protect these areas with fireman and policeman we dont have? Flint needed competent leadership to bring these funds and reduce the city size for now. We have missed the boat again with rotten leadership and Flints residents will take the brunt again as always. I am so glad I will not be involved in any way shape or form. You can only beat a dead horse so much. Anyone with a brain has left that city and I have joined them. . The Flint Journal article shows his arrogance and stupidity when placed next to the likes of someone like Detroit's Dave Bing. This ignorance will not help Flint draw more of these funds.

This is amateur night folks. I dont know what our mayor is smoking but its probably laced with plastic. I never got into the "recall" aspect of Flint politics, but I after this rodeo, I feel now is the time. I will merely sign a petition to have him recalled. This will be all I will add to Flint. It is a waste of time. The city is dead and gone. Sign your petition and walk away from your properties while you can still get your things out of them without being robbed during the day.
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:43 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Walk away, or stick around & work to make things better; those are the choices. We will NOT be driven from our home!

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

while i'm sure people are now watching very closely whas going on in city hall, i'm willing to bet tens of thousands hope he can do whatever needs to be done and get this city transformed and working a.s.a.p.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:13 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I'd really like to see him succeed, but I just don't think it'll happen. All I've seen him do is hire more & more people at high salaries while cutting public safety to a dangerous level.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

he is a dumbass
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:35 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Furnitureguy schreef:
This mayor is looking more like a spoiled little brat by the moment. It is also apparent he has become a complete and total emberassment to Genesee County and FLint. There are two articles in particular that illustrate this in this Sundays paper. One talks about the contest where Google is going to pick a city to start new technology they are developing. Cities were asked to submit something to illustrate to Google why they should locate there. The other cities did fun and exciting videos and had statements made by local officials inviting Google. They made great efforts. Why shouldnt they? Google is worth having in your community isn it?

Mayor Walling quote: "Were not planning any crazy stunts, but our area is perfect for Google"....Wow, this was the best a Rhodes Scholar could do? This was our best effort, a mere statement. Plain area, plain mayor, reckless stupidity and emberassment again.

Secondly at a pivot moment in the city's history when the Federal Goverment is getting ready to throw Billions at cities like Flint, Saginaw, and Detroit to help them ""right size" or reduce their size after much fan fare and national attention. This spoiled little boy has illustrated he lives in a false reality by stating "All neighborhoods are important" Really? Of course they are, and of course we can afford to take care of everyone right? With all of the money we are not collecting in them from taxes. We can afford to serve and protect these areas with fireman and policeman we dont have? Flint needed competent leadership to bring these funds and reduce the city size for now. We have missed the boat again with rotten leadership and Flints residents will take the brunt again as always. I am so glad I will not be involved in any way shape or form. You can only beat a dead horse so much. Anyone with a brain has left that city and I have joined them. . The Flint Journal article shows his arrogance and stupidity when placed next to the likes of someone like Detroit's Dave Bing. This ignorance will not help Flint draw more of these funds.

This is amateur night folks. I dont know what our mayor is smoking but its probably laced with plastic. I never got into the "recall" aspect of Flint politics, but I after this rodeo, I feel now is the time. I will merely sign a petition to have him recalled. This will be all I will add to Flint. It is a waste of time. The city is dead and gone. Sign your petition and walk away from your properties while you can still get your things out of them without being robbed during the day.

When they come out, you should sign it. This guy has to go
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:37 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Dumbass, elitist
Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:13 am 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

Stanley,Williamson,Walling.Quite a variety of talent there..I think it clear that the strong Mayor system is broken,and as the Prez sez "Change "is needed.We can work out the details.
Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

quote:
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE schreef:
Stanley,Williamson,Walling.Quite a variety of talent there..I think it clear that the strong Mayor system is broken,and as the Prez sez "Change "is needed.We can work out the details.

We needed Brenda Clack, and not this crazy guy. I didn't vote for him so don't blame me
Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:11 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Why, because "this is a black city and we need a black mayor"?

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:35 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Why, because "this is a black city and we need a black mayor"?

Brenda Clack is a pompus , imperious witch! She expects people to fawn over her and treats people like they are beneath her. But Lakewoman would like her, in Clack's concession speech she ( Brenda Clack ) said that blacks should vote for blacks. This city is a toast now, but the reason why a lot of people voted for Walling is because he wasn't Brenda Clack. Now the reasoning of " the lesser of two evils" has been shown notto be a good approach to things. The people of Flint essentially had no choice in times like the city is facing but to put Walling in, but I think a lot of people ,when they were voting, held their nose as they voted for Walling. I don't know want karama the people of Flint have to work out but I hope the cycle ends soon.
Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:28 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Clack never seemed too bright. Her and the Cherry's really disappointed me. I honestly thought Walling would use his intelligence to better suck off people like the Mott Foundartion and get us way more social welfare dollars. We have $100 million coming from the feds for things like our water pipeline but jack coming for police.

I'd probably switch my vote to Clack because I don't think she's smart enough to do as much dirty politics as Walling. I know there's some cult building strategies Walling seems to be following but he's not in dirty D.C. anymore so he needs to ditch that plan.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:32 am 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

Has the timeline of a recall been looked at.? I'm sure a recall would be very cathartic,and I would sign out of principal,(.something to be added to the Mayors resume.) However ,when would be the soonest D.W. could be recalled?When is the next Mayorial election after that? Would he be eligable to run in that election?
Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:26 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
We needed Brenda Clack, and not this crazy guy. I didn't vote for him so don't blame me

No, we did not need Brenda Clack. I have said all along that it was a choice between the lesser of two evils.

Brenda Clack had a record. When she was a State Representative, he had I beleive the worst attendance record at votes. But when she was approached about the way she voted on Public Access TV, she said she supported the bill. When the person, questioning her challenged her, she kept up her ploy that she had voted for the bill. When he showed her the roll call where she had voted against the bill, her reply was that it must have been one of the bills she hadn't read. So she was barely there to represent us, and when she did make it, she didn't even know what she was voting on some of the time.

Walling on the other hand really had no record to go on. I had high hopes for him, but he has proven to be worse that Williamson. At least Williamson did some good things for the city. I am still waiting to see what good Walling is going to do.

So you take a gamble with one candidate or go with a sure loss. Unfortunately, our gamble didn't pay off.

Thomas Jefferson
Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

I wish we had Williamson back
Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:45 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: