FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: opinions on downtown restaurants
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
brianstarr
F L I N T O I D

i was wondering what different peoples opinions were on the restaurants in downtown flint like soylas and 501 grill and black stones and wise guys pizza
Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:31 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The Lunch Studio, Hoffmans Deco Deli and The good Beans Cafe are all great places!

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Lunch Studio Applause

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

Angelo's Coney Island.Good food and you meet such interesting people.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:22 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Angelos really isn't downtown, but there are interesting people at Halo Burger, too.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Angelos really isn't downtown, but there are interesting people at Halo Burger, too.
You're right.Try El Fartaleedle's(,somewhere on Lewis ?) I was a little loaded when in there last.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:00 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I vote crowfeeder as the bravest flinttoid. Laughing

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:02 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

For the ultimate in interesting people watching, may I humbly suggest:
1. Hurley ER
2. Mclaren ER

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Domet
F L I N T O I D

My thoughts brian:
To get your immediates out of the way,
Blackstones = mediocre food, higher prices.
501 Grill = pretty decent eats
Wize Guys = kind of pricey, pretty awesome pizza though. Haven't really explored beyond that.
Soyolas = if it were cheaper, the food would be worth getting. Some of the specials aren't that bad in price but the food seems generally... not super awesome.
Expaning beyond,
The Lunch Studio is pretty fantastic, alright prices.
Mikes Triple Grill is pretty much awesome, prices aren't bad.
The Torch still sells a pretty mean torch burger, still a favorite.
The Pavillion has a couple of alright places - I think Oblendz is pretty awesome especially their wraps.
Churchills had decent lunch fair when their kitchen was up and running, and Halo Burger - well it's Halo Burger. Not too bad, but always worth it for a Bost Creme Cooler.
The Baliwick - I have never been inside of this place, though it's still a goal.
Oh, Brown Sugar - decent coffee, but I think the owner has a bad attitude and is in general rude if she hasn't gotten to know you.
Don't know if you count it, but Tom Z's (now Flint's Original Coney Island) is an awesome, relatively cheap place to sit down and dine.

I can't really think of any other restaraunts. If I had to make a top five, it would look something like The Torch, Tom Z's, Mike's Triple Grill, The Lunch Studio, and Oblendz in the Pavillion - in the order from best to worst ; )

Hope you found that helpful!

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:39 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Bailiwick is awesome and the prices are reasonable. Each day has a featured menu- Middle Eastern, Mexican, roast beef. etc. Only serves breakfast and lunch.
Tommy and his father had the wonderful Pepper Mill years ago and Tommy still caters. His steaks at the Greek church fundraisers are awesome.

Masonic temple offers a reasonable priced and home cooked style luncheon. vertigo Theater has a buffet style meal with their theater productions.

White Horse is a good burger place. Great Turkey burger and awesome Greek style porkchops. They have weekly specials and daily soup specials.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:53 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Holy crap flint has a bunch of eateries im getting hungry. Very Happy

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:33 pm 
Furnitureguy
F L I N T O I D

I agree about BROWN SUGAR. What a poor excuse for a coffee house. She is rude and snotty. This woman watches over you as you are putting equal in your coffee, making sure you are not taking too many sweeteners. I went 3 times. Every time it was the same rude attitude. Everytime the journal interviews her which I have no idea why they always pick her, she is down on downtown, rude nasty and negative. I actually would never consider going there again. She could take a lesson from Good beans or some place in metro detroit that acutally knows how to operate a coffee house.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

www.TheGoodBeansCafe.com

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Furnitureguy, I had the same experience! I will never go back.

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Furnitureguy schreef:
I agree about BROWN SUGAR. What a poor excuse for a coffee house. She is rude and snotty. This woman watches over you as you are putting equal in your coffee, making sure you are not taking too many sweeteners. I went 3 times. Every time it was the same rude attitude. Everytime the journal interviews her which I have no idea why they always pick her, she is down on downtown, rude nasty and negative. I actually would never consider going there again. She could take a lesson from Good beans or some place in metro detroit that acutally knows how to operate a coffee house.

WOW! So this woman's treatment of me wasn't an isolated incident? I agree with you FG, that woman is snotty and rude as hell! ( I added "as hell" part) . Whatever her name is , she should get a book on manners. I was going to see if I could get a used copy of the book by Emily Post and leave it on her countertop,but I think it would be a wasted gesture on her.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: