FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Historic district commissioners call Foul on city attorneys

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Flint historic district commissioners voted 5 - 1 with one person abstaining to ask city council for legal help. Some people of the community and commissioners believe the city has done illegal wrong doing. Flint City Council will act on the commissioners request for outside representation at its next committee meeting. City Attorney Petie Bade has been accused of violating city ordanaces by not following the rule of the land. Greg told the mayor to just ignore all requests and to talk to any council members he can to block the move
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

We could use a few more details.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This has to do with the EMS company that built an addition, without permits and by encrouching on the Historic district land.

The issue went to what I believe was an administrative law court in Lansing where it was determined the construction did not follow policy. This was a violation of State law regarding the historic designation. My understanding, and the story was in last months East Village News, is that Peter Bade settled the matter using only the local ordinances and fined the business $5,000. The money could only be used on a particular building. Bade bypassed the community and the Commission when making his decision.

This company contributed to walling's campaign. Bade may be facing the Attorney Grievance Committee.
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:45 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Once again why don't people go to the Obudsman's office?
David Leyton?
Mike Cox?
Michigan Bar Association?
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:30 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Don't worry Derrick. Complaints are being filed!
Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:53 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: