FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: review Flint CDBG-R (recovery) grants

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This web site will lead you to info regarding stimulous grants in Flint and Genesee County

www.MIHud.com State of Michigan- CDBG-R Program | Grant | StimulusWatch.org
MICHIGAN STRATEGIC FUND. Grant: $9583308 - Department of Housing and Urban ... to the state to be distributed to non-entitlement communities in Michigan. ...
http://stimuluswatch.org/2.0/awards/view/16625/state-of-michigan-cdbg-r-program - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

There will be a blue square on the left-click on "Browse by State/City"

Then you can either enter zip code at the top of page or go to Michigan and click

Near top of Michigan listing in blue is "Click here to see a list of cities in Michigan"
Click on Flint and you are there.
Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:21 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Interesting to note the COPS Hiring Recovery Program (CHRP) shows $1,446,800 to Flint to rehire 8 officers and shows 3 have been rehired. The recipient is City of Flint.

Project Description: The officer positions that were re-hired from layoff under this grant award, (Cool are currently deployed using the Community Policing strategy. The eight officers funded under this recovery COPS program are assigned to our Community Policing Division. They focus on the implementation of community policing strategies. Daily these officers form new and strengthen exisitng community/ law enforcement partnerships. This is accomplished thru attending community meetings, responding directly to service requests and being assigned to a specific area consistently so relationships and partnerships can be identified, developed and fostered. The service requests that these officers respond to are received at the COPS office and assigned to the respective COPS officer assigned to the specific neighborhood affected. These officers identify and solve problems for the citizens within their specific COPS areas. This is a great tool for initial contact and overall relationship and partnership building between the community and the COPS officers. This committment to the Community Policing strategy has an effect on the entire department. Routine patrol officers not assigned to the COPS unit can realize achievments made thru this program by a more cooperative and trusting community as these relationships develope. The COPS officers under this program, identify and prioritize areas of concern learned from the community within their repsective COPS areas. These neighborhood concerns are addressed and responded to accordingly. The officers re-hired after lay off under this grant have worked a combined total of 1784 hours during this reporting quarter. These COPS funded officers have only shortly been deployed under this program. Their achievements, while effective thus far, shall be increased upon during the next quarter and beyond. The community shall be engaged further thru meetings and contacts to identify and address concerns to further crime reduction and prevention.

Jobs Summary: The COPS CHRP grant that was received by our agency allocated amounts to re-hire (pre-application Lay-off) eight (Cool positions. At the time of this report, the entire eight (Cool officers have been called back from Lay-off and are 're-hired' and deployed in the Community Policing Program. (Total jobs reported: 3)

Project Status: Less Than 50% Completed
Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:00 am 
whiteknight
F L I N T O I D

After reviewing the web page I clicked on "see other for this recipient" and noticed all the energy and window improvements. Each one states thatthe project hasn't been started and most were awarded last year. So nothing has been done since Nancy left? Sounds like someone needs to hurry up and learn the job they are suposed to be doing. Hey I have an IDEA there are funds available from Job Central for on the job training where they will pay 1/2 the wages for an employee while they are learning how to do their job. Sounds like something that the Mayor could use for some of his apointees.
Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:04 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I was just informed that a number of copies that were distributed of the original proposal submitted by Kate Fields on behalf of Advanced Solutions listed Greg Eason as her financial manager for the company.
Her company was not the original low bidder and Brown attempted to award the contract to a reputable company.
Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:56 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

confucious say. left hand must know what right hand does!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:40 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

confucious also say make sure brain engaged before putting mouth in gear.

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:26 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

hey webs, then why do I have to change rosters with names on them at least once a month?! rhetorical
Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:33 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

It's the city hall shuffle.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Andi- Flint government has a number of rosters, so I don't know what you are referencing. If you mean Police rosters, then I agree there are a number of changes being made/ Remember the pink slips were just mailed out . Also there are some police officers retiring.

The rosters for many of the muti-member bodies are being changed too!
Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:21 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Yes, police rosters...
Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:52 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Can we use our CDBG welfare dollars on houses like this?

Link

Link
Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:24 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: