FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Should Flint change the City Seal?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

My 7th Ward friend is livid with Walling for his move to change the City seal (logo).
In her opinion he is not updaing the image,but is taking away our sense of history. I don't object as strongly as she does, however, I identify the arrowhead as our earliest beginning. We were the Vehicle City and taking away the boxy car won't change that image.
Flint is moving towards becoming a college town and a center for medicine and technology, but that vision is not complete.
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:11 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

With all the city's problems, and Walling is worried about the City's Logo? I would say you have to be kidding, but that is getting to be typical of our Mayor. Maybe we should call him Nero since all he seem to wants to do is "practice his violin" while "Rome" burns.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a Flyer in a convenience store on Grand Traverse. It was announcing a Crime Prevention Conference. An expert on crime prevention was going to talk about what can be done to prevent crime. I would liked to have go, but I had a scheduling conflict. I checked Mr. Walling's Twitter page for the time of the conference and found out that he was busy flitting from one social event to another.

Flint has one of the Highest crime rates in the country. An expert is coming in to address Preventative Crime Techniques. Mr. Walling is out playing social butterfly.

DAYNE, WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES?
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:55 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Looking at his Twitter page gives the impression he's everywhere BUT at city hall taking care of business.
Either that, or all the city's problems have been solved & he can concentrate on a new seal for the city. There is probably a budget surplus to pay for replacing the seals at city hall & print all new stationary for the city.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I have to agree. What's wrong with the current city logo?

Compared to something like even business awnings in Davison this still seems like a minor issue.
Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:11 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

is anyone concentrating on jobs? Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:18 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Overtime for the printers when they order new stationary.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
My 7th Ward friend is livid with Walling for his move to change the City seal (logo).
In her opinion he is not updaing the image,but is taking away our sense of history. I don't object as strongly as she does, however, I identify the arrowhead as our earliest beginning. We were the Vehicle City and taking away the boxy car won't change that image.
Flint is moving towards becoming a college town and a center for medicine and technology, but tha

KEEP IT THE SAME!

t vision is not complete.
Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:51 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Walling dont care about us, he is more inclined to give Fred Thompson a key to the city and changing our city seal.

quote:
ConcernedCitizen schreef:
With all the city's problems, and Walling is worried about the City's Logo? I would say you have to be kidding, but that is getting to be typical of our Mayor. Maybe we should call him Nero since all he seem to wants to do is "practice his violin" while "Rome" burns.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a Flyer in a convenience store on Grand Traverse. It was announcing a Crime Prevention Conference. An expert on crime prevention was going to talk about what can be done to prevent crime. I would liked to have go, but I had a scheduling conflict. I checked Mr. Walling's Twitter page for the time of the conference and found out that he was busy flitting from one social event to another.

Flint has one of the Highest crime rates in the country. An expert is coming in to address Preventative Crime Techniques. Mr. Walling is out playing social butterfly.

DAYNE, WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES?
Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:52 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

If Walling's determined to make a change in the City Seal let him come up with his own scholarly suggestions and put it to a vote of the people.

We see a lot of his smiling face with politicians and attending local activities but what has he accomplished?
Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:22 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

OF COURSE! This what our city's problem has been all along, bad logos! Friggin Rhodes Scholar and he comes up with this ? Suppose all the city council members problem is that they don't know to accesorize good enough? Too bad that fashion designer got murdered in Florida a few years back,if he were still around he would design the police new style uniforms and POOF, Crime goes down! Lord or lord, such a vast education and this is the man's concern? I want to cry, I voted for Dayne. How much money do we have to blow on new letter paper and forms for the goverment? Does Dayne have kin who are printers? Or sign makers? BEAM ME UP SCOTTY !!
Post Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:00 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: