FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Lynne Waybright's web page
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Learn more about her.

www.lynnewaybright.com

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

impressive

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:08 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

She's having a fundraiser today from 5:30 until 7:30 at Hoffman's Deli, located across the street from the Berridge Place apartments.

BA, if you drive REAL FAST, you can make it.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

honestly, i expect her to win big time if she gets folks out with flyers. BERRIDGE ????????, has that place been renovated??? when i left it was a dump. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Hoffman's Deli????? when did that happen??? I hope they are doing well..

cops in diego give tickets if you breath wrong!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:47 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
honestly, i expect her to win big time if she gets folks out with flyers. BERRIDGE ????????, has that place been renovated??? when i left it was a dump.

It was renovated. Currently, it is what I personally classify as a "gentrification project" in the middle of Carriage Town.

Berridge Place

They don't post their rates, but I'll tell you that a single bedroom can cost around $750 a month up to over $1000 for multiple bedrooms. Don't get me wrong, they are certainly very nice apartments - but it's a gated building, sitting across from Hoffman's Deli (also a nice place). Interacting with people from the building though, you'd think they were terrified of going outside and have, from my experience with sales people there (anecdotal) a poor opinion of the outside those gates.

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:40 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well.........perhaps public perception will take time... i'm glad and quite impressed something was done with the building.....do transients still lurk/wander in that area?

P.Y.
Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:03 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
do transients still lurk/wander in that area?

Of course they do, it's still Carriage Town! XD

It is nice to see that something was down with the building, but I am sincerely suspicious of how it was put into place and under what auspices it currently operates under. It's relationship with UM: Flint is perhaps the biggest indicator to me of all things that its intent is not to make Flint better but rather to make downtown better so that the college can continue making claims about how it is doing "good" for the community.

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well domet i hear you. i guess some would argue it does good for the city's image regardless of the who's, where's and why's. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

hey man, i remember how it used to be. people were afraid to be on that street unless there was talent downtown and police!!!! job well done. Confused

P.Y.
Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:00 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

FACT:

Mr. & Mrs. Waybright works for the Genesee County Land Bank and gets paid to clean up those lots.
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:56 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

http://www.bernardlawler.info
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Your facts and your grammar are incorrect. Neither of the Waybright's were paid by the landbank. They supervised and worked along side of volunteers and youth, some of whom were paid by the landbank.
Any community work done by Bernard Lawler was done in the third Ward where he was chair of the Northeast CDC.
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:43 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
FACT:

Ohhh, I love the "fact" game.

The rules are simple: post "facts" without cites to evidence in an effort to make your position look better!

I'll take a turn:
Fact: UM: Flint was infiltrated by NAZIs who came over to the US after WWII and have been seeking to establish an Aryan State in Flint, MI!

Alright, who's next?

Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:52 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:34 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

So your saying neither of the Waybrights have ever been paid by the land bank for clean up, lawn mowing, maintence on any property EVER?

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Your facts and your grammar are incorrect. Neither of the Waybright's were paid by the landbank. They supervised and worked along side of volunteers and youth, some of whom were paid by the landbank.
Any community work done by Bernard Lawler was done in the third Ward where he was chair of the Northeast CDC.
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:36 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Lynn and Bruce were not on the landbank payroll. You obviously don't understand how the Landbank's Clean and Green program works.
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:47 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: