FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Ok!! lets hear all her qualifications.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Already, some columnists, bloggers and even potential colleagues in Congress have begun asking if she would be taken seriously if not for her surname. Representative Gary Ackerman, a Queens Democrat, told a radio host on Wednesday that he did not know what Kennedy's qualifications were, "except that she has name recognition — but so does J. Lo." Laughing
Aside from a 22-month, three-day-a-week stint as director of strategic partnerships for the New York City schools, her commitments generally involve nonprofit boards: the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund Inc., the American Ballet Theater, the Commission on Presidential Debates and the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation.
I vote for J.Lo. Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:50 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
. . . a 22-month, three-day-a-week stint as director of strategic partnerships for the New York City schools, her commitments generally involve nonprofit boards: the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund Inc., the American Ballet Theater, the Commission on Presidential Debates and the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation.. .
Well, those are pretty good qualifications, and there are more. Would you be more satisfied if she told you she could see Russia?

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:13 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I had a bet with my wife that the first responder would mention Sarah Palin. Kevin didnt dissapoint. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing By the way Kevin Sarah aint running for Hillarys seat . When you think about it even Bill avoids that. Shocked You libs gotta get over this Sarah fetish, shes back in Alaska trying to help rebuild her church that some caring hate monger Barack fan torched.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D953B2UG0&show_article=1

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:29 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I'm glad to hear you're finally up on Ms. Sarah's short-comings well enough to anticipate the next Sarah joke. Seriously though, if you have any info into that church fire, give the FBI a call. Don't spread more rumors here.

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:41 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ill bet when they catch the perp he or she will prove to be a rabid liberal democrat you know how emotional they can get. Very Happy

As far as ANOTHER KENNEDY Rolling Eyes and her total lack of qualifications not to worry Caroline will never be in a hot seat anywhere anytime having to answer any tough questions about anything much like your Barack. And woe be to anyone who might dare to attempt such a deed. Shocked

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:55 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Actually, Bill might not be a bad choice. He often joked during his administration that he was planning on running for school board when he got out of the White House, so he's probably not opposed to taking a "step down". He wouldn't be the first to become a Senator after President. John Quincy Adams was the first. That was a while ago, but you remember, don't you, Two Tap?

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:00 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Read my post again I was referring to Hillarys actual SEAT. Laughing And of course we know which one Willie would choose JLos or Hills. Laughing

Heres someone who actually has a dog in the fight a real New yorker, and he aint impressed.

What are Caroline Kennedy's Senate qualifications?

By FRED LEBRUN
First published in print: Wednesday, December 10, 2008

When it comes to politics, we New Yorkers surely do love the odd, the improbable, even the outrageous. Apparently our threshold for amusement is well over the top.

What other state would tolerate the year-in, year-out legislative sideshow in Albany that routinely gets remarkably little accomplished, but always to the blare of many trumpets? Where else could three clowns from downstate get away with holding hostage the entire state Senate, and therefore state government?

And where else would Caroline Kennedy be seriously considered for a U.S. Senate seat, even for a millisecond? Have we lost our collective minds?

The 51-year-old attorney and daughter of martyred President John F. Kennedy is interested in Hillary's seat, or at least her cousin Robert F. Kennedy Jr. says she is. Supposedly, she's made an inquiry about the job with Governor Paterson, who will do the appointing for the unfilled term.

As soon as her name popped up as a possibility, in some minds she became a front-runner. It's absurd. What, in heaven's name, are her credentials, her applicable experience? It's all wrapped up in a name, and it isn't heaven's. That simply isn't enough, not in New York. Not everyone who carries the Kennedy name is automatically adept at politics. Please, show us proof.

We're told Caroline Kennedy is apparently a bright, wonderful person, who is soft-spoken, intensely private and, given her enormous celebrity, has miraculously avoided the limelight. New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg says she's been terrific at raising money for city schools. He supports her. On what basis, he doesn't elaborate.

OK, but she's never run for political office, and before becoming deeply involved in the Obama primary against Hillary, didn't show us an overt interest in the political process at any level. Now she's become the close friend and adviser of President-elect Obama, who says she's a warm and terrific person and would make a great senator. But, Obama added, he declines to get involved in New York's political process. As if he just didn't.

There is much that is off-putting about this trial balloon. It's being pushed exclusively in Washington, in Hyannis by her uncle, Sen. Ted Kennedy, and in New York City. There is no indication from any upstate political voices that Caroline Kennedy has a grasp of the problems afflicting our 62 counties, or up to now, done much to find out. She hasn't spoken out on issues, or policy, or even personalities except for Obama's.

So whose agenda is satisfied by appointing Caroline Kennedy the improbable junior senator from New York? Obama's and Ted Kennedy's, certainly. Senator Kennedy's endorsement of Obama came at a critical time in the war with Hillary, and may have tipped the balance. Another Senator Kennedy would be a nice payback. Except, of course, it was our senator who got burned by the Kennedy maneuver. I can't imagine if Hillary has anything to say in the matter that she would go along, because it would be a kick in the teeth for Caroline to follow her in office.

Governor Paterson makes the appointment, and will do so at the beginning of a troublesome period in state history that could well negatively affect his popularity. So what's in it for him to appoint Caroline over more capable candidates? Perhaps a shamrock to wear at the St. Patrick's Day parade, but not much else. It's only conjecture, but I would imagine the incursion of the Kennedy clan into New York politics is bound to make many of the governor's downstate friends and supporters more than a tad nervous anyway.
And finally, appointing Caroline Kennedy out of celebrity and not merit doesn't do much for the state of New York. Oh that. At this critical juncture in dealing with a federal bailout for New York, and the intricate needs in Congress of restructuring our just deserts, a wonderful, soft-spoken person with little political experience is not what we need. We don't need nice, we need the quintessential, stereotypical New Yawker. A super-smart, overbearing extrovert who knows his or her way around Washington.

Right, Andrew. I have no idea whether Attorney General Andrew Cuomo even wants the job, but he's ideally suited for it by temperament and experience, and should be considered the frontrunner.

He's proved himself remarkably capable, arising from his own political ashes to a new worthy prominence. New Yorkers like that. Governor Paterson would also co-opt a potential strong rival by appointing him.

No one can chew through the scenery like Andrew, and it's a talent we can use in Washington at the moment.

Fred LeBrun can be reached at 454-5453 or by e-mail at flebrun@timesunion.com.

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:03 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
. . . not to worry Caroline will never be in a hot seat anywhere anytime having to answer any tough questions about anything much like your Barack. And woe be to anyone who might dare to attempt such a deed.
You're still on that? He spent over two years straight answering questions. Your problem is you're mad that no self-respecting journalist (the ones still left) would report on the loony conspiracy theories from the tin-foil hat crowd.

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:08 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
He spent over two years straight answering questions.

HE DID??? Every time I saw someone even remotely put him on the spot they were instantly nuked. Ill bet their are a bunch of YouTube videos of Barack being hammered I mean their must be ?? Right. Laughing Time to go find them and ill post a few for you.

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:14 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Ill bet when they catch the perp he or she will prove to be a rabid liberal democrat you know how emotional they can get.
I bet if you looked you could find some southern black parish members from the 1950s through the 90s who would differ on your characterization of those likely to burn churches.

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:16 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Im looking for all those tough interview videos your Barack had to endure. Heres a couple with Jumpin Joe. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=obama+tough+interview&search_type=&aq=f

Now lets see wheres those Barack ones??

Still looking Confused You must have some since you been following him for 2 years how about helping us out here??

quote:
I bet if you looked you could find some southern black parish members from the 1950s through the 90s who would differ on your characterization of those likely to burn churches.

Hey I thought I was the only one who tries to change the subject. Laughing So your saying the Klan burned Palins church if you have some proof give the FBI a ring. Laughing

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:20 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Found One. Laughing Laughing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRPbCSSXyp0

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:24 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Speaking of Caroline Kennedy I see she and Al Sharpton of Tawana Brawley and inciting to riot fame had lunch together. Well that should clinch the deal. Rolling Eyes I wonder if Caroline is endowed with the wisdom of her father when it comes to CUTTING TAXES to spur the economy. New York sure needs someone with some common sense.

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:31 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

tawanna brawley?????? ha ha ha....still reaching i see!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:25 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I see little Caroline has adopted the Obama method of dealing with reporters. Dont ask Dont tell Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://wcbstv.com/local/caroline.kennedy.us.2.889765.html

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:31 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: