FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Hows this for an effective ad.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The Obama folks are trying to get the ad pulled. Hey if its not factual let it run and prove its wrong and embarass those that ran it. of course if its true well try to get it pulled.

Link
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:45 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

BO's folks have sent a letter to the Justice Department wanting the guy that funded the ad prosecuted.

Free speech is ok as long as we agree with what you're saying.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The more we learn about BHO and his folks the better it gets. The ad must hit home or they wouldn't be getting their panties in such a knot. I remember their over the top ads but nobody whined about taking them off the air. What a bunch of wimps especially Barack Hussein Obama.what a friggin sissy. leader of the free world what a joke. Rolling Eyes
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:42 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

The term free speech is revealing...it appears the guy financing the commercials Harold Simmons is a bit of a stinker. He stole the money from his daughters trust funds to pay for the commercials, and they aren't very happy with daddy.

No problem though, he made the money via honest capitalism...it's his money, he can do whatever he wants. And what he seems to want to do a lot is buy companies, then raid the worker's retirement funds to finance them. It's called a leveraged buy-out, and it was all the rage back in the day.

Of course, this is the same guy that financed "Swift-Boat Veterans for Truth." The story on the blogs is he's been peeved at the Dems ever since Bill Clinton did a line-item veto on a tax bill that had a special loophole added just for Harold that would have saved him $80 million.

will Obama's lawsuit stick? Probably not, but wait until the media starts reporting just how deep Simmons is tied into the Republicans. He could be the next Abramoff.

Of course, the obvious response to my post is, "who cares if he's a slease-ball? Ayers is a terrorist and Obama is a Muslim and we're all doomed."

Whatever.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

So is the Ad factual or not??? Millions of Americans want to know. Of course we know its factual Ayres had a fund raiser for Barack when the messiah was 34 years old. Birds of a feather ya know. Laughing
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:16 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

TT, you're having way too much fun sticking Obama supporters to care whether it's true or not. It would be impolite of me to ruin your evening with facts. Laughing
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ill bet since the facts show they are pals. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing But what the hell give just a couple of facts related to the ad. Laughing

Last edited by twotap on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:37 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:40 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

So the fund raiser at Ayers home in 1995 attended by Barack for Barack when he was 34 is meaningless. Your boy just got caught again. Laughing
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:46 pm 
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

Uh, this is hilarious.

The Weather Underground held their annual convention, the "War Council" meeting in downtown Flint at the Grand Ballroom (black owned, at N Saginaw and Hamilton) in December 1969. They did so because Fred Hampton had just been murdered by Chicago Police, and they were looking for a safe place to have their conference. Flint, was always considered a radical place. Just look at the history of it.

So they came here. Before Flint, they never bombed anything. After Flint, they bombed the hell out of America. Draw what conclusions you may. Three months after the war council, they blew up a building on a street in New York where I have an apartment. Dustin Hoffman lived next door and saw the whole thing.

Peter C, Flint's famous DJ, interviewed them at length and its in his book Local DJ, which is required reading for anyone from Flint.

Pick up the documentary The Weather Underground. It's very good. You might ask, why are they not in jail?

Because the FBI broke every law in the book chasing them, and when they turned themselves in, there was nothing left to charge them with.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:50 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup your right Chittle bombing the pentagon is funnier than hell I was waiting for someone to somewhat justify Ayers and his wacko groups actions. Good job Shawn. Damn FBI who do they think they are Laughing Too bad Ayers didn't have the foresight to see into the future and conjure up a vision of homicide bombers. Can you imagine get one of his dope whacked out followers to wire himself up and wham o now that's what im talking about. Maybe then he would not have wished he could have done more.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:01 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:09 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thats good check the facts. Laughing
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:23 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey thanks for letting us know what Chittle was thinking. Ill bet their are many who will care what the ad says. Ignorance when one speaks the truth about your boy that's pretty much the Dem platform. Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

quote:
I don't care how true the ad is,

That is classic Laughing Laughing
Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:48 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: