FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Flint Comics......

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
andi03
F L I N T O I D

No, not the Flint Journal Sunday comics....Smile

Is there anyway that a chick can get a schedule for shows in the area?!

I was surfing one day and was very sad:) that I missed Mr. McCree in the latter part of June or July....4-5 miles away from where I reside....<sigh>.

Mr. Bonto just says...I have a place to go......no specifics.....

Who the heck is this "rusty" chap?!

Answers? Websites? Holding the comics accountable....sheesh. Smile

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:16 am 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

Well, this "Rusty" chap is program director for Supertalk 1570, and also the producer on the Morning Show with Lou Lobsinger, a local actor, and I MC Comedy at Maxie's on Hill Road. Been there for about 7 or 10 years...

I also host a once a month show in Clarkston at a place called the Fountains.

If you're interested in the offers we have for you at Maxie's of the Fountains, check out my MySpace page at www.myspace.com/rustythomas. I've not had the chance to update the calander for this month yet, but give me a couple of days, and I'll have both up there. Maxie's is a FREE show, and the Fountains has a cover charge, but I'm not sure how much...
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:02 pm 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

Well, this "Rusty" chap is program director for Supertalk 1570, and also the producer on the Morning Show with Lou Lobsinger, a local actor, and I MC Comedy at Maxie's on Hill Road. Been there for about 7 or 10 years...

If you're interested in the offers we have for you at Maxie's of the Fountains, check out my MySpace page at www.myspace.com/rustythomas. I've not had the chance to update the calander for this month yet, but give me a couple of days, and I'll have both up there. Maxie's is a FREE show, and the Fountains has a cover charge, but I'm not sure how much...
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:02 pm 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:03 pm 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

whoops...the dang site told me it wasn't loading...
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:04 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Wowzer, third times a charm, eh? Smile Thanks. Smile

edited to add: Will the comedy nights continue at Maxie's? After the transfer?

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:34 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Real funny, Rusty. Sheesh.
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:36 pm 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

As far as I know right now, comedy's going nowhere!

God, I hope this loads only once...
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:35 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Leave it to my dear Andrea to start a “Comics” forum. I knew there was a reason I liked you!

First of all, I’ll stop mentioning that “chap” Rusty. While I often give my old buddy his preps, I failed to see, in all three of his duplicate posts, any mention of me. Just for that, the first joke of my next monologue will be a dig on emcees!

Also, andi, I hope you were able to find more comedy in the area. You might also have to travel a bit out of Flint, but they’re definitely around. Hopefully Rust…er, uh, I mean, “that other guy” gave you some insight on other good spots in the local area.

Mr. Bonto just says “I have a place to go” (but do I really sound like you when I say that), with no specifics, mainly because I play a lot of out of the area gigs, and get booked for many private engagements (okay, I’m hired to do comedy, not lap dancing). Not to mention that my television show keeps me extremely busy, as well as my morning radio show, acting in films and plays, writing books, and starting my own non-profit theatre group! Plus keeping loyal website fans entertained (see link below). Wow! A full plate! If I only had a bottle of Calgon (or a beer) to take me away, I'd still go to the Horse! Yes, I think both your “oy” and “sheesh” were applicable on that one!

So much for holding the comics accountable. Now if I can only do the trick of posting this just once!

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rusty
F L I N T O I D

First of all, I didn't mention you in my post because I was more concerned about the fact Andi didn't know who I was. I have an ego too ya know!

Second, I woulda mentioned you, but since you mentioned a bunch of stuff in YOUR post that I didn't know you were doing, it's a good thing I didn't! Didn't realize you were so busy! Good for you my man!

As far as your props (and aren't we all annoyned by prop comics?) I've mentioned MANY a time how funny I thought your tv show is and was, and I do believe I've mentioned how much fun we've had working together in plays, mostly Laughter On The 23rd Floor.

Sorry about the multi posts. My computer told me there was a problem...

I'll try to do this only the one time.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:53 am 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

By the way: Other clubs...

I'm not sure if Bryan McCree is still running this room, but he HAS been booking and MCing at Porky's Clubhouse on Saginaw every Friday and Saturday.

Bryan ALSO runs a Tuesday night room at Snappers on the water in Fenton. I believe that one is free and starts at 9pm. You may wanna call ahead to make sure.

There's always the Historic Holly Hotel Friday's and Saturdays. Two shows most nights, one of them No Smoking! Make sure you call ahead.

Hope that helps!
Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:57 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Thanks much, gents!!! Sometimes a chick just needs a laugh....sigh...<insert Eeyore attitude here> Smile

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:10 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: