FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Save money in my neighborhood

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=6130746

"GENESEE COUNTY (WJRT) -- (05/08/0Cool--A lot of people will be taking their stimulus checks to the grocery store. No matter which store you shop at these days, food prices will cause your eyebrows to raise.
But some stores are bucking that trend and making money because of it at the food thrift stores. You can't buy all your groceries there, but you can buy something and a penny saved is a penny earned.
Thursday we stopped by Mr. Bread Bakery Outlet where they mostly supply bread to restaurants.
But the bread that they don't sell goes to the thrift shop in Flint near the corner of Dort and Davison roads. They sell to the public and you can get really good deals.
Story continues belowAdvertisement
"This section here is all fresh bread," said Mr. Bread's David Hartley. "We sell it for half the price and we sell it every day. It's fresh. We get it in every night and put it on the shelf every day."
They have different varieties of bread and other products to like cookies and things. There's one wall where you can get six items like buns and sliced bread for $3.
As you can imagine, business is up over last year because people are looking to save money wherever they can, so they're stopping by the thrift stores."

There are also 3 thrift stores (Vincent Depaul, Savation Army and Goodwill) in my area and many good restaurants on Davison rd. (Luigi's, middle Eastern food and great tacos at the Mexican restaurant)

We'd probably have some professional garage sale businesses/jobs in my neighborhood as well where people could save money but Flint has a ban on those.
Post Thu May 08, 2008 8:32 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

We're using ours to turn a 12x14x4ft hole in our back yard into a pond.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri May 09, 2008 6:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

using ours to pay off the new car... although those kroger gift cards are pretty tempting...
Post Fri May 09, 2008 4:09 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: