FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Book signing @ Stockton House March 11th

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Stockton Center at Spring Grove

720 Ann Arbor Street

Flint, MI 48503

For Immediate Release

MEET THE AUTHOR – DISCUSSION – BOOK SIGNING

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Renee Greer at (810) 238-9140

Robert W. White, author of Susquehanna Scandal, will be at the Stockton Center, 720 Ann Arbor Street, Flint, to discuss his new book, Yours Truly, C.P. Avery, on Tuesday, March 11, 2008, from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM. Charles P. Avery was an Owego, New York attorney and judge who came to Flint in 1856 in order to help resolve the many land ownership disputes involving the children and heirs of Jacob Smith, the first European settler on the Flint River. Mr. Avery became a landowner here and was later involved in many local land disputes himself. The Stockton Center is located on land that was eventually deeded to Maria G. Stockton, the youngest daughter of Jacob Smith, and is currently the site of a small museum and library honoring Maria and her husband, Colonel Thomas B.W. Stockton. Mr. White’s first book, Susquehanna Scandal, was a fictional story of Mr. Avery’s love affair with a Native American woman in New York. Yours Truly, C.P. Avery is non-fiction and biographical. Both will be on sale at the event.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Sounds very interesting! I will be there!

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Hope to see some more of you @ this event! You can also check out the house and the restoration. It is beautiful!

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:33 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

i have class from 5pm until 11pm. :( how early does the stockton house open? when is it open normally? do they have a website?

and most importantly,

are they hiring someone with a historic preservation degree? :)
Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:55 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: