FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: New Flinn's Journal web site

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

I got the new Flinn's Journal web site developed enough so I can give you a new URL to try:
http://home.comcast.net/~steelbeard1
I've added a couple of already approved sponsored links, but I'm looking for more. The criteria is that the products or services the sponsored links offer are easily available in this area. Right now, I have Overstock.com which is a familiar on line retailer and a VoIP phone company called Ooma. All suggestions are welcome.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:23 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Awesome, thanks for keeping us all informed on this. You are a Flint Treasure I love reading your articles!

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

I finally got my old columns uploaded. I will add my own photos when I get around to it. Photos which were provided by the former host of my columns will not be included.

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:13 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

BTW, how do you like my new avatar?

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:13 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

I love your new avatar! Laughing

Great research on the CB article, Gary. Wish I would've read it back in March. I had to comment on your:

With the news that Comerica Bank will be moving its corporate headquarters from Detroit to Dallas, Texas, that makes this big round head of mine even bigger as that will make Citizens Republic Bancorp the largest bank holding company based in Michigan.

CB is now the largest bank holding company based in Michigan! Thanks for the informational article!

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I like it, I think its the Cat's Meow!

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

With The Flint Journal serializing the new Hamady Bros. book, I decided to get around to restoring the pictures of the old Hamady Sacks and Yankee Hats column which you can read at...
http://home.comcast.net/~steelbeard1/flinn022004.htm

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:06 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:

Classy! I only wish I was around (in Flint) to enjoy that place in its heyday! I did spend a lot of time in the fallout shelter in the late 80s... Anyone go to the Dead Milkmen concert upstairs circa 88?

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:01 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

I'm going to start writing local history for Your Magazine beginning with the February issue!
http://www.yourmagazine.net

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:44 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
I'm going to start writing local history for Your Magazine beginning with the February issue!
http://www.yourmagazine.net

My first article in Your Magazine is about the Blackstone's building which was built in 1924 (opened Feb. 1925) as the State Theatre. It closed on February 1952 after which the top four stories of the six story building was chopped off for conversion to retail space. It was first Winkleman's before it became Blackstone's. This building's features are the two story front facade and the three story back facade. There is no second floor.

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:39 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: