FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Witherbee's Market & Deli, Downtown
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Witherby’s Market is a neighborhood-based and downtown’s only grocery store planned to open in the Spring of 2008. Witherbee's will carry green-produce, dry goods, dairy, meat, fish, bakery and a deli. This 5,000 square foot market will provide services on a smaller scale than the traditional large grocery stores, but still offer all the necessities for those who require the convenience of the downtown location, as well as those who do not have transportation readily available. Witherbee’s Market is working with the Flint Farmer’s Market and their vendors to support local and organic farmers, supporting our goal of providing healthy alternatives seven days a week to community residents in the downtown area.

Witherbee's will be located at 601 M. L. King at Third Avenue in Historic Carriage Town. Not only is it in close proximity to the inner-city neighborhoods, local institutions and public transportation, but also the local expressways and several new housing developments such as the University of Michigan Flint student dormitories, Carriage Town/Stone Street Infill housing project, the Berridge Place Condominium Development, the Durant Hotel snd the new apartments being developed by the Uptown Redevelopment Corporation. Witherbee's Market also will have on site, front-door parking.

The flight of supermarkets to the suburbs, inadequate public transportation, and a lack of healthy food options at corner stores are all factors that contribute to dire need of healthy foods in downtown neighborhoods. Witherbee's is focused to provide healthy foods choices to residents of Flint’s downtown neighborhoods, residents and workers!

MySpace URL:
http://www.myspace.com/witherbeesmarket

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

that was KOOL... as a long time and current flint resident,
i wish you all the success and happiness. i WILL shop there. Laughing

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:46 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey if I wasnt 125mi away id give em a visit. Good luck to them. Very Happy
Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:17 pm 
last time here

it sure would be nice to be able to buy a small bag of warm
cashews to take back to the soggy bottom to go with my brewskis! Smile Very Happy

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:13 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Warm nuts and soggy bottoms. Laughing
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:30 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
it sure would be nice to be able to buy a small bag of warm cashews to take back to the soggy bottom to go with my brewskis!

Not to mention fresh, homeade grocery bread. So you could also take warm buns to the soggy bottom! Laughing

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:58 am 
last time here

i ain't touchin' dis!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Not to mention fresh, homeade grocery bread. So you could also take warm buns to the soggy bottom!

Along with your warm nuts. Very Happy
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:37 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

That is one brave business owner... I give him nothing but credit for the effort he is making. I wish him the best, but fear the worst for him/her.

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:14 pm 
last time here

damn opprimo. when is the last time you've been in that area???

so much fear!!! we have a great police department..
there aren't that many people left in that area.

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:38 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

The people running the store all live in that neighborhood. I also live in a downtown neighborhood. They are brave to start a new business, they have to be but the location isn't any scarier than Genesee Valley. We really need this here, they will be greatly appreciated.

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
damn opprimo. when is the last time you've been in that area???

so much fear!!! we have a great police department..
there aren't that many people left in that area.

I admit my ignorance of the exact location of where it is going, how far is it from Pierson Rd. (I was there every day for about 2 months)

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:32 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Witherbee's will be at ML King & 3rd Avenue.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Well heck, thats almost right down town. I assumed from the description it was going to be further North. That is as LT pointed out, almost all business/no people. I still wish the best for them as I'm sure we all agree, w/o local business owners taking these steps, Flint is on a one way street with no turnarounds.

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:00 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
The people running the store all live in that neighborhood. I also live in a downtown neighborhood. They are brave to start a new business, they have to be but the location isn't any scarier than Genesee Valley. We really need this here, they will be greatly appreciated.

Are you kidding? no scarier than genesee valley? catch me more likely at night on miller and linden roads than saginaw street or MLK. It's much scarier downtown there! Shocked

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:47 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: