FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Different kind of discussion.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

This is a different kind of discussion. I was thinking about my school days in Flint and remembering some of the teachers I had that were awesome and had influence on me. Please respond with yours and youll never know who on this site you went to school with. Maybe some of your teachers are on here.

Mine were:
Carpenter road elementary - Mrs. Williams the best teacher I ever had. I will never forget her and can imagine how much better schools would be if there were more like her. Others from Carpenter road, Mr Hauenstein, Mrs Vater, and Mr Simpson. All awesome teachers. There were others but I didn't have them.

Lowell Jr High- Mr Silver, Mr McCrandall Mr Collins, and my counselor Mrs Grice.

Flint Open school- Ms Cabell, Mr Stubbs Mrs Kirby.

Northwestern High- Mr Lau, Mr Semmes, Mrs Birkholtz, and Mr Terry Harris (Mr Harris was our hockey coach. We were so horrible but Mr Harris stepped up to the plate when we needed a coach in order to have a team. Even though he didn't know the game, he tried with all of his heart to learn the game. He was an all around good person).
Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:45 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Homedale Elementary: Miss Dunbar for math. The only time in my life I ever got swats. Never pushed her over the edge again! Mrs. Converso, Mrs. Carpenter. I was m.c. at 6th grade graduation. I left my notes at the podium and Mr. Brawner scooped them up with his...but I remembered everything I was supposed to say so it worked out ok.

Lowell (71-74): Yeah, McCrandall...what a hippie. A lot of fun though...who would have ever thought I could like an English teacher? Ms. LeBel...had her for homeroom and math. When my mom saw her at parent/teacher conference mom thought she was a student. I had a crush on her big time. Mr. Silver for science...was he a marine? What a hardass! Mr. Lisenbee was much easier to get along with. Jack Daniels & Mr. Paraschos (sp?) for gym. Speaking of Lowell, Mrs. BruinSlot just passed away.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:38 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I cannot not even remember my teachers. In Beecher Jr. high I had a math teaher (male) which I can still remember conversations with him. I do recall him getting a new 1969 Z-28 Camaro and we had many dicussions about it.
I also had a shop teacher at Beecher High who was very helpful.

Richard
Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:52 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The one I remember the most was Mr. Lewis. Bentley HS. Shop Teacher. Would let you bring your ride in the shop and work on it. Played semipro football had no neck would actually lift you off the ground when the paddle contacted your butt. If he found you with a pack of smokes he would cut them into 1" sections on the band saw..Good guy we need one or two of him in every Highschool to change the attitude of the bad boys. Shocked
Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:59 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

heh heh heh...you were a bulldog.

There was a teacher at Bentley...Wortz? Wurtz? I had it bad for his daughter. Wonder whatever happened to her.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:05 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Red and White fight fight. Laughing
Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:12 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: