FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Manning Court Historic District's days numbered

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

A judge ruled that the lone property owner in Manning Court Historic District has no standing to stop the demolition of the houses owned by the FCCC.

Hopefully that vote of confidence in the FCCC by the HDC to look for alternatives to tearing the houses will work out....

moving on... lets start an initiative to get the rest of Flint's historic districts protected by the State Historic Preservation Office... which would also make home owners eligible for state tax credits.... at least those not living in renaissance zones... and other benefits.
Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:14 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Its a very sad day in Flint, are they appealing it?Does anyone have copies of the court transcript saying what grounds they ruled?

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I wasn't there, but i heard that because there is no case law to support the appeal, they can't appeal, but i have some people looking for a comparable case...

god this is all so stupid
Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:36 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tegan schreef:
A judge ruled that the lone property owner in Manning Court Historic District has no standing to stop the demolition of the houses owned by the FCCC.
Any chance of getting a copy of the judge's ruling?
Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:36 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: