FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Ombudsman Debate 2/23/06 INternational institue 7 pm

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Linked hee are my talking poitn for tonight. Got out most of the typos....

http://enewsblog.com/terrybankert/post/2006-02-23_08:19:18/
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Love the sense of humor.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

YEEHAA!!!!

Terry was rockin' He stole the show!

Dones- Carson was quieter in delivery but made strong points.

Good debate! Wish we had gotten news coverage.

Cable offers training to video tape events to submit to channel 17 viewing. This would be done on a volunteer basis. Events like these need to be recorded and sent to a larger audience.

I haven't had time to take the training. I would like to cover school board and community issues. So people that can not attend can also be informed!

Does any one believe that the possible $200,000. saved from dissolution of this advocate's office would actually go to fund police????
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:06 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Does any one believe that the possible $200,000. saved from dissolution of this advocate's office would actually go to fund police????

Like the Dept needs more money. We spend a whole lot more on our police dept than any city the same size. We have almost twice as many officers as cities the same size. Money and Officers is not what we need. We need some leadership at City Hall. We need some leadership at the Police Dept.

And Yes Terry was Awesome.
Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford

I'm still surprised Terry lost the council seat. The way he is going I'd say he'd have been a pretty legitimate candidate for mayor if he was willing to run next year. I'd be willing to bet Terry could beat the mayor in a debate. Sorry about the news coverage. That was partly my fault. I mentioned the debate to the ABC 12 station manager at the Flint Kiwanis meeting and just assumed his crew would have known about it. I'm surprised ABC 12 missed it. I thought the turnout was pretty great. I don't think the debate was advertised that well. Steve was supposed to come with me and tape it but I don't know what happened with that. We could have had it posted online. Speaking of police how is the police hiring going I wonder??? I hope we get a police contract soon after proposal one passes otherwise I might start getting a little irritated. I think the council might send some of the money to the police but would use most of it to stabilize the general fund balance.
Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:27 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: