FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: operation unification loses builders license 9 counts fraud

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

PDF]Operation Unification, Inc 326104 - State of Michigan
https://www.michigan.gov/.../OPERATION_UNIFICATION_INC._-326104_620570_7....
Michigan, Operation Unification Inc. is registered as a domestic nonprofit corporation, formed on November 29, 2004. Charles Young Jr. is designated as ...

The entire 12 page document can be googled using Charles Young Operation Unification. There are 9 counts of primarily fraud and deceit.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:48 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I filed an OIG complaint against Operation Unification during Smith Village. They accepted but sent me a rookie agent and an FBI agent who didn't understand HUD. I don't fault the FBI agent , but it was obvious the OIG person as sent to stonewall me. As problems evolved and repayments occurred. I e-mailed her to to tell her this was her fault. If I had lied to the FBI agent, I could be charged, but she did not understand that lying on a HUD application was also a crime. I have been following Operation Unification since then and was amazed to hear him and Lela McGee Harvey on the radio blaming the City of Flint for the corporations woes

The Bureau of Professional Licensing held a formal complaint for Young and Operation Unification On May 17, 2017. (Docket # 17-017072 File# 21-15-326104 on
license # 21-02-1999395.
The Administrative Law Judge held a hearing on 1-25-2018.
On 3-13-2018 in Lansing the Michigan Board of Residential Builders, and Maintenance and Alteration contractors revoked the license of Operation Unification and gave the corporation a $12,000 fine.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:31 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The first formal complaint was received on November 19, 2015. The First Superceding Formal complaint both withdrew and replaced the original.

The residential builders license as issued in December ,2010 but as suspended for a failure to designate a person with an active individual residential builders license to serve as a qualified officer. The license lapsed in May of 2016.

In May of 2011 Elliott Julius Jones as designated as a qualifying officer. Jones had a builders license since July 15, 1986 and continued his license until June of 2013 when it lapsed .

The State found in 2016 the obituary of Elliott Julius Jones who as deceased as of June 10, 2013 at the age of 68. However on July 22, 2013, the respondent submitted an on-line license renewal application for renewal of the corporation license. The State was never notified of the need for a new qualifying officer due to death.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

In December of 2013 Young obtained a City of Flint building permit (# PB 13016) using a copy of an authorization by Jones allowing Young to act as his agent in obtaining building permits. Contracted to perform repairs to a fire damaged home, Operation Unification received payments of $73,525 and never completed the work. On January 27, 2015 the homeowner filed a complaint with the State. The City of Flint Building Inspector verified the long list of violations on May 18, 2015.
(abbreviated charges)
Count I - evidences practices of fraud and deceit in obtaining a license
Count II- evidences fraud and deceit in the practice of an occupation
Count III-evidences failure to submit written request for a new qualifying officer
Count IV- conduct as described evidences the acceptance of a contract procured by a person not licensed under the occupational code
Count V- conduct as described above evidences aiding and abetting an unlicensed person to evade the article
Count VI- abandonment without legal excuse of a contract, project or operations engaged in or undertaken by the license
Count VII- Evidence of a failure to maintain Standards of Construction in accordance with the building codes
Count VIII-Willfull violation of the building Codes of the State or of a political subdivision
Count IX- evidence of a failure to correct construction defects that are subject to a justified complaint within a reasonable amount of time
Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:30 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: