FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Who are the 2018 judge candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

LawyerPersonal InjuryMichiganFlintRichard F. McNally, Jr., (P.C.)
RM
Richard F. McNally, Jr., (P.C.)
Licensed for 39 years

Serving Flint, MI

Peer Reviews
4.3/5.0
3 reviews Client Reviews
n/a
no reviews
AWARDSBV Distinguished
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
Featured Personal Injury Law Firms Serving Flint, MI
Gruel Mills Nims & Pylman PLLC
Gruel Mills Nims & Pylman PLLC
5.0/5.0 100%
VIEW PHONE # CONTACT
Cline, Cline & Griffin, P.C.
Cline, Cline & Griffin, P.C.
4.6/5.0 100%
VIEW PHONE # CONTACT
Atnip & Associates, PLLC
Atnip & Associates, PLLC
n/a 100%
248-461-3802 CONTACT
Areas of Law
Personal Injury
Wrongful Death
Products Liability
Negligence Law
Credentials
Position
Admission Details
Admitted in U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
1979, Michigan
Law School Attended
Detroit College of Law
Class of 1979
J.D.
cum laude
University Attended
University of Michigan
Class of 1975
B.A.
cum laude
Client Reviews WRITE A REVIEW
This attorney does not have client reviews.
Peer Reviews
4.3/5.0
3 reviews
BV Distinguished
Legal Knowledge

4.3/5.0
Analytical Capability

4.3/5.0
Judgment

4.3/5.0
Communication

4.3/5.0
Legal Experience

4.4/5.0
5.0/5.0

Submitted by a Partner on 08/06/12 in Personal Injury

Flag review
5.0/5.0

Submitted by a Judge on 08/02/12 in Civil Practice
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:11 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Richard McNally
CHALLENGES
Within the next few years, Genesee County will suffer the loss of over one hundred years of Circuit Court judicial experience as judges face mandatory retirement.
I have practiced in Circuit Court for as long as any judge has been on the Circuit Court bench. I bring the experience that Genesee County needs. I have represented my family's Chevrolet-Buick dealership, and operate not only my own law practice, but also a surety bond agency. To me, the greatest contributions I can offer the community as I reach the final phase of my career are my experience and service as a judge for the citizens of Genesee County.

39 years experience in Circuit Court
Past service as Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
Past service as Judicial Advisory Assistant/Deputy Sheriff
Small business owner
I've been a pilot since 1982. A pilot is constantly facing situations that require quick decisions with life and death consequences. Although a judge has more time for deliberation, the stakes on the bench are still high. These decision-making skills are second nature to me.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:14 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Richard Mcnally

Born in Flint and raised in Flushing, Ric’s roots in Genesee County run deep. The McNally family has lived in Genesee County since the turn of the 20th century, owned and managed a Buick-Chevrolet dealership for over seventy-five years, and has established a family tradition of community service.
Ric and daughter, Caty
Ric and daughter, Caty

Ric graduated from Flushing High School in 1971, and attended college at Northwestern University in Chicago, Universidad Internacional Menendez Pelayo in Spain, and the University of Michigan in both Flint and Ann Arbor. While later attending Detroit College of Law full-time, he worked at the downtown Detroit YMCA, a Livonia tool and die shop, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. He graduated Cum Laude from Detroit College of Law in 1979, passed the Michigan bar exam, and began practicing law the same year.

After graduation, Ric went to work for Kent and Davis in Grayling, the law firm where he clerked during law school over summer breaks. The senior partner, Tom Kent, was the Prosecuting Attorney for Crawford County, and appointed Ric Assistant Prosecutor. This assignment put Ric in court three days a week and afforded him an abundance of litigation experience. In 1980, Alton T. Davis—later to become a Michigan Supreme Court Justice—had become Prosecutor, and Ric was Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney with responsibility for all criminal cases in the Circuit, District, and Probate courts. He also served as liaison to the military justice authorities at Camp Grayling.

Ric and son, Franklin
Ric and son, Franklin

In 1981, Ric returned to the Flint area and served as Court Officer and Law Clerk to Circuit Judge Robert M. Ransom, where he received unique insights into the inner operation of the Genesee County Circuit Court. In 1982, Ric joined the Flint firm of Collins, Stecco and Wascha, which specialized in civil litigation. In 1992 he became a partner in the firm, now known as Collins, Wascha and McNally, where he continues to practice. Ric also became active in the Genesee County Bar Association by serving on the Bench and Bar Committee, the Probate Committee, and as chair of the Mentoring Committee. In 1991, Ric was elected as a Circuit Court mediator, and was appointed by the Court to help resolve cases prior to trial.

While an associate with the firm, he met and married Christine Thomas, and had two children: Caitlin and Franklin. In 1991, Franklin was diagnosed with autism, and the McNally family moved from Flushing to Flint to be closer to support services for Franklin. Franklin was enrolled in a preschool program at Valley School, an independent K-12 school in the city of Flint, where his daughter Caitlin was later enrolled as well. For Valley School, Ric served as Treasurer and President on the Board of Trustees, and provided legal counsel to the school on Valley's purchase from the State of Michigan of land and buildings on the campus of the Michigan School for the Deaf. Ric also pursued leadership positions in the autism advocacy community. He served on the Board of Directors of the Autism Society of Michigan for a decade, including several years as President. Locally, he was a founding board member of the Autism Support Group of Genesee County, and serves today as its General Counsel. After their children had grown up, Christine and Ric parted in 2005.

IMG_20170611_104230746.jpg
The local legal community has recognized Ric formally, including the Genesee County Bar Association's 2005 Case Evaluator of the Year and its 2017 Milliken Civility and Professionalism award. In 2015, the Flint Trial Lawyers named Ric Advocate of the Year. Since 2006, he has been appointed as a Guardian ad Litem by the Genesee County Probate Court, advising Judge Barkey regarding proposed settlements in minor's injury and wrongful death claims.

In addition to his family and client obligations, Ric has contributed to the larger community through financial support to civic, charitable, and cultural institutions, and by literally rolling up his sleeves to paint houses for neighborhood rehabilitation projects and donate blood to the Red Cross. Assisting in his family’s legacy, Ric served as House Counsel for the McNally dealership, and advised and represented the business in various issues. Since childhood, Ric remained committed the Boy Scouts by serving on its Career Exploring Advisory Committee. Ric has also taught real estate law at Mott Community College and currently serves on the Parks and Recreation Committee for the City of Flushing.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:18 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Marvin A. Jennings, Jr.
Licensed for 12 years

Serving Flint, MI

Peer Reviews
no reviews Client Reviews
n/a
no reviews

Areas of Law
Creditors' Rights
Criminal
Criminal Defense
Drivers License Restoration
Elder Law & Advocacy
Guardianship & Conservatorship
Litigation
Probate & Estate
Social Security
Traffic Law
Wills & Trusts
Workers Compensation Law
Credentials
Position
Lawyer
Admission Details
Admitted in 2006, Michigan
Law School Attended
Member of 1990 Co-Big Ten Champion Football Team, Preferred Walk-on

Thomas M. Cooley Law School
J.D.
University Attended
University of Michigan
B.S.
Client Reviews
This attorney does not have client reviews.
Peer Reviews
This attorney does not have peer reviews.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:26 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Lawyer Marvin Jennings - Troy, MI Attorney - Avvo
https://www.avvo.com › Find a lawyer › Michigan › Troy › Social Security Lawyers
Rating: 6.2/10 - ‎Review by Avvo
Dec 28, 2006 - Marvin Jennings is a Social Security Attorney in Troy, MI. Click
Marvin's profile to discover their Avvo Rating, write a review, and read ...

Marvin Jennings Jr. has with more than 10 years of experience. He is a driven, detail-oriented legal expert leveraging a successful track record using creativity and solid negotiation skills to settle cases outside of court.

Marvin Jennings is an experienced, active member of the bar adept in various legal subjects, including estate planning, probate, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) disputes, criminal law, traffic law, labor and employment discrimination, business transactions, contract negotiations, social security and disability claims.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:29 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Courier
Tweet
By Sheri L. Stuart, Staff Writer

Marvin Jennings Jr. has announced his candidacy for one of two open seats on Genesee County’s 7th Circuit Court. He will join seven other candidates on the ballot in the Aug. 7 primary election. The top four candidates will move on to the general election on Tuesday, Nov. 6.

Jennings said it was a chance encounter in the late 90s that sparked his interest in the field of law. Once headed to medical school, he changed plans and opted to study law instead. Today, the 46-year-old attorney who specializes in criminal defense and workers’ compensation said he has no regrets.

“It was the right decision for me. I was preparing for the MCAT and got called for jury duty. I ended up being a jury foreman on a criminal case,” he said. “It seemed like an open and shut case to me, but we weren’t able to convict.”

Fascinated by that trial’s proceedings and the surprise verdict, Jennings headed to law school.

“I had to know how the defense attorney was able to prevail and keep his client out of jail. Now I understand the burden of proof. The prosecutor in that trial didn’t prove his case.”

Jennings said he believes his background in criminal defense has prepared him for the responsibilities that come with being a judge.

“I believe that I will be able to help the community. I’m running on a platform that’s dedicated to defending our community’s rights,” he said.

“That involves defending the community against drug and human traffickers, domestic violence against women, children, and the elderly – the most vulnerable people that deserve our protection,” he said.

Jennings said that as a judge he will weigh each case individually and make decisions that are in the best interest of the community. An example he said are alternatives to prison such as rehabilitation programs, which may sometimes be in the best interest of the community.

“You should vote for me because I love this community. I’ve been a resident here for over thirty years. I want to continue helping this community by protecting and serving people. This is a job where you serve others. Growing up in a pastor’s family, you learn to serve others. You’re going to get a person with a servant’s heart. You’ll get my very best,” Jennings said.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:34 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Law Offices of Marvin Jennings Jr - Criminal Defense Law - 101 W Big ...
https://www.yelp.com › Professional Services › Lawyers › Criminal Defense Law
Specialties: Law Offices of Marvin Jennings Jr is an experienced and professional Troy, MI Corporate Attorney who provides fantastic legal advice for business ...
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:36 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Bernhardt Chris D. Christenson III

Real Estate, Civil Litigation & Criminal Defense Lawyer in Flint
Attorney Chris D. Christenson III was born in Flint, Michigan. He attended Flint Southwestern Academy High School, graduating in 1990. With over 15 years of experience helping clients with matters of real estate litigation, estate planning, criminal defense, and more, he is prepared to take on nearly any type of case. Attorney Christenson provides comprehensive legal support and guidance to clients throughout their situation. If you are interested in scheduling a confidential and complimentary case evaluation with Attorney Christenson, contact us today.

We are flexible with after hours appointment times.

A History of Success
B. (Chris) Christenson is a lawyer with the firm of Christenson & Fiederlein, PC focusing on trial work, whether it is real estate, business litigation or criminal defense, Chris enjoys the courtroom.

Chris has been a lawyer since 2001. Prior to becoming a lawyer Chris earned his real estate sales person license, became a licensed real estate appraiser and licensed residential builder. While finishing his undergraduate degree Chris worked as a Journeyman carpenter ultimately building over 100 custom homes and eventually becoming a construction superintendent. The construction and real estate background frequently come in handy in Chris’s practice.

In 2010 Chris was chosen as a rising star by the Lawyers Weekly and in 2011 and 2012 he was selected as a Michigan Super Lawyer, an honor and outstanding achievement for an attorney. Chris has won numerous cases before the Michigan Court of Appeals and ultimately argued and won a split decision before the Michigan Supreme Court (Kim v J.P. Morgan Chase). Chris handles criminal cases as well, including federal and state court cases. Chris has handled complex federal white collar cases and matters as serious as murders, armed robberies, car jackings, all the way down to less serious drug or alcohol related misdemeanors.

How Chris Can Help
One of the things that Chris prides himself on is listening and really trying to understand the client’s position and their point of view. Chris believes that in this way he can better try to accomplish his client’s goals.

Lastly, Chris is a family and community man. He has served as President of the Genesee County Bar Association and Chairperson for the State Bar of Michigan’s Young Lawyers section. He routinely volunteers for the Holiday dinner and has previously sat on the Board of Directors for Legal Services for the Eastern District of Michigan. Chris is most proud of his daughters and enjoys spending time with them and doing things like traveling, and spending time outdoors enjoying all of the wonderful activities available in Michigan. Chris has been a CRIM (10 mile road race) group leader, helping people complete the race for over 10 years.

Education
University of Michigan, Flint (B.A. 1995)
Thomas M. Cooley Law School (J.D. 1999)
Specializing in Business Transactions
Licenses
Real Estate Salesperson (1990)
Real Estate Appraiser (Limited 1992) (inactive)
State Bar of Michigan (2000)
Residential Builder's License (2004) (inactive)
Legal Experience
Christenson & Fiederlein, PC (June 2006 - Present)
Chris Christenson, PC (January 2002-June 2006)
Past Experience
Baker College - Owosso Campus
Instructor - International Marketing (Winter 2003)
Instructor - Small Business Marketing (Fall 2002)
The Dominic DiCicco Company, Corporate Counsel/Project Coordinator
Home Building Resources, Construction Superintendent
Fore Construction, Director of Construction Operations
First National Financial Corporation, Regional
Branch Manager/Loan Officer
First Americorp. Real Estate Salesperson
Court Admissions
United States Supreme Court (2006)
State Bar of Michigan (2000)
United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
United States District Court, Western District of Michigan
Memberships
State Bar of Michigan:

Young Lawyers Section, Chairperson (2008-2009)
Young Lawyers Section, Vice-Chairperson Elect (2006-2007)
Young Lawyers Section, Secretary/Treasurer (2005-2006)
Young Lawyers Section, Executive Council Member (2004-2005)
Business Law Section
Criminal Law Section
Probate and Estate Planning Section
Real Property Law Section
Genesee County Bar Association:

Genesee County Bar Association President 2010
Vice President (2009)
Board of Directors (2005-present)
Young Lawyers Delegate (2003-2004)
Lawyer Referral Program
Legal Aid Committee Member
Golf Outing Chairperson (2005, 2006)
Marketing Committee Member
Business Law Committee Chairperson (2006-2007)
Membership (Others):

Centennial American Inn of Court: Board of Directors/Executive Committee (2004-2009)
Legal Services of Eastern (2004-2012)
Legal Services of Eastern Michigan Board of Directors (2004-Present)American Bar Association (ABA)
Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA)
Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (CDAM)
Past participant of Fenton High School Community Education programs
Genesee County Defender Program
Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)
State Appellate Defender Office (SADO) Forum
Builders Association of Metro Flint
GCBA board of directors (2005-2011)
Flint Area Association of Realtors
Primary Practice Areas
Business/Contract Litigation
Real Estate and Construction Law
Criminal Law Defense
General Civil Litigation
Probate Administration
Call (810) 292-3115 today to reach Christenson & Fiederlein, PC!

Christenson & Fiederlein, PC
CALL TODAY!
(810) 292-3115
Christenson & Fiederlein, PC - Flint Attorney
302 E Court St,
Flint, MI 48502
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:39 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

About Tabitha Marsh
An Ordinary Person Making Extraordinary Change

I was born in Flint, Michigan, where the majority of my family resides. I have several family members who worked in the automotive industry, including my father. I also have several family members who worked in the healthcare field, which included my mother. Many of my family members served in the armed forces as well. My family also consists of members of the educational system.

​I spent my formative years between Flint and Battle Creek, Michigan until we ultimately settled in Battle Creek which is where I graduated High School.

​Going into my senior year of high school, at the age of 16, I made an adult decision, that I should not have made and it brought about adult consequences. I became pregnant at the age of 16, but I did not choose to abort this child, I chose to keep and raise my child. I had my child at the age of 17.

This child’s middle name is “Daniel”, which is a Biblical name that means “Judge” and this child is now 21 years old and he is preparing to graduate this May with a Bachelor’s degree from Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia. For those who may not be aware, Morehouse College is the College that the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. graduated from in 1948.

I graduated high school at the top of my class so I was selected to give my high school commencement speech. I went on to receive an Associates degree from Kellogg Community College in Battle Creek, Michigan, and I graduated Summa Cum Laude.

I then pursued my undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor where I received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree and graduated Cum Laude. I received several scholarships, served as the elected Student Government Representative for my class, and was the Black Celebratory Commencement Student Speaker for my class.

I went on to obtain a Juris Doctorate degree from Michigan State University College of Law after serving on multiple boards and executive boards, including the Moot Court Board. I was also the Class of 2004 Commencement Student Speaker.

I am married and my husband graduated from Grand Valley State University and has a Masters Degree of Business Administration. We have 6 children, 3 boys and 3 girls, in our blended family. I am passionate about Justice, so much so that my husband and I named our youngest son “Justice”.

I am a Member of Embassy Covenant Church International in Troy, Michigan where I have served in various positions and I am currently a member of the Church’s Presbytery Board and I am a Licensed Minister. We also occasionally attend our local Family Churches in Flint, Bountiful Love Ministries and Civic Heights Church of God in Christ.

I also serve on the Executive Board of the Flint Children’s Museum, having done so for the past three years. I am also a member of the Genesee County Bar Association.

Experienced and QualifiedCommitted
Personal and Life Experiences
A Teenage Mother

A Single Mother

A Wife

A Woman

A Married Mother

A Step Mother

A Working Mother

A Business Woman and Business Owner

A Minority

A Christian Woman in Ministry

A Public Servant in my community

An employer and an employee

My Family has endured harsh and unfair treatment by the Family Court System

I have represented mothers and fathers in cases regarding their children

My Family has been victimized by violent crime

I have represented persons accused of violent crimes and those falsely accused

My Family has been impacted by the Flint Water Crisis

Someone who understands what it is like to have financial struggles and to live in poverty

Someone who understands financial prosperity

Someone who has represented people with drugs, alcohol, and opioid addictions

Someone who understands the dynamic of a broken home

Someone who understands what it is like to raise children in a two parent home

Legal and Courtroom Experiences
My Legal Exposure consists of working in a Prosecutor’s Office, a Federal Judge’s Office, and with law firms

I have worked in the office of two Genesee County Circuit Court judges

In 2008, I opened my own law office which is still operating in Genesee County

I have represented people in family law, criminal law, civil matters, juvenile delinquency, child protection proceedings, probate matters, landlord tenant cases, and appellate practice

I have practiced in the Genesee County District Court, Circuit Court, and Probate Courts for several years

I also serve as a Genesee County Public Defender representing indigent criminal defendants and I have done so for more than 12 years

I have served as a Lawyer-Guardian Ad Litem for minors in Neglect and Abuse matters

As an attorney having my own law practice for the past 10 years, I have also had to juggle the responsibility of not only practicing law, but running a business in Genesee County, Michigan
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:45 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Home
About Tabitha Marsh

ENSURING JUSTICE 4 ALL BY:
Working to Decrease Crime for all Genesee County Residents through prevention, education, and fair and firm sentencing, with emphasis on restoration, rehabilitation, and positive re-entry into the community.

Working to Build and Restore Families for ALL Genesee County Residents.

Working to continue to Expand the Educational Opportunities for ALL Genesee County Residents, with particular emphasis on the interface and involvement of the Legal Infrastructure with all levels of Education (Specific emphasis to be placed on early education).

Working to provide innovative oversight and input to ensure fair and Equal opportunities for ALL Individuals and Businesses in Genesee County.

What to expect from Tabitha Marsh
JusticePassionExperienceCommitment
Fair treatment for all

Balancing the scales in the lives of all

Good judgment in all matters
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:49 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

FLINT NEWS
New Genesee circuit judge thankful for opportunity, support
Updated Mar 7, 2018; Posted Mar 6, 2018

Gallery: Celeste D. Bell ceremonially sworn in as newest Genesee County Circuit Judge

By Roberto Acosta racosta1@mlive.com
FLINT, MI - A minute-long call changed the course of Celeste Bell's life.

After waiting months for the phone to ring amid a decades-long career in the legal field, the 65-year-old Bell heard the special ringtone for the phone call from Gov. Rick Snyder.

"It was only a minute," she recalled of the 60 seconds at 8:20 a.m. Feb. 5, in which Bell was appointed as a 7th Circuit Court judge. "It was one of the most important minutes of my life."

For the sake of openness, Bell offered up the ringtone she'd set on her phone for the call: Worth It, by Fifth Harmony.

The speakers at Bell's investiture Monday evening in the Harris Auditorium at the County Administration Building shared the ways Bell was worth it and earned the judge spot, taking over the seat left vacant by Archie Hayman's retirement after more than 20 years on the bench.

Hayman recounted Bell's days as an attorney practicing in the courtroom.

"She was always very well prepared, very articulate, and very respectful," he said, adding "There is no doubt in my mind that she will serve with honor, with integrity, and that she will be extremely competent in what she does."

Genesee County judge sets sights on year-end retirement
Genesee County judge sets sights on year-end retirement

After over two decades on the bench, a Genesee County judge is hanging up his robes at the end of this year.

Genesee County Undersheriff lauded Bell's "gift of discernment."

"The gift of discernment allows you to see justice and injustice at face value," he said. "That gift has vindicated men, set them free, but also held accountable those who did wrong. You have kept that integrity all the years I have known you."

From 1991 to 1994 she worked as Deputy City Attorney in San Francisco. She began her legal career as a staff attorney at the United States District Court for the Ninth Circuit.

The new circuit judge most recently served as Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in the Civil Division for Genesee County where she served as in-house counsel for the Genesee County Board of Commissioners, elected county officials, and county departments on all civil matters.

Ward Chapman, former Genesee County Corporation Counsel, hired Bell in 2005 as assistant Corporation Counsel and saw her drive early on.

He remarked on her "good legal mind, strong work ethic, high ethical standards" and diligent nature as an attorney who is a "roll up the sleeves and let's get this done" type of person.

"That's a good qualification for being a circuit court judge in Genesee County because there's a lot to do," said Chapman.

Bell, who earned her bachelor's degree in 1978 from the University of Michigan and her law degree in 1986 from Golden Gate University School of Law, thanked everyone for their support along the way and understood she would have to change her viewpoint as a judge.

"There's a reason that Lady Justice wears a blindfold. I now have to be impartial. I'm capable of doing that," she said. "I'm committed to being fair and impartial and as Undersheriff Swanson mentioned my philosophy will be to read the law, interpret the law, and apply the law as it is written. I'm not going to be creating the law, that is for the legislature and not the judiciary. I will know my boundaries."

When asked how her daughter would fare as a judge, Alma Bell thought she would be fair to those who came before her in the courtroom.

"She's always been very fair-minded and she's always been smart as a whip," said Alma Bell. She'll abide by the law."

The family does have a background in the legal field. Celeste Bell's late father, Edward Bell, served as a Wayne County Circuit Court.

"I'm just so proud of her and I know her father is turning over in his grave with joy," commented Alma Bell.

At one point during the ceremony, Celeste Bell took a brief pause while at the podium addressing the crowd, but she pointed out it wasn't stage fright.

"It's a moment of simply enjoying this," she said. "This is more than I ever could have hoped for in my life."
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:54 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Celeste D. Bell

Not yet reviewed
AVVO RATING No Concern
Flint, MI
Licensed for 29 years

About Celeste
PRACTICE AREAS

Government: 50%

Animal law: 50%
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

before she named a judge
Celeste D. Bell
Save
Not yet reviewed
AVVO RATING No Concern
Flint, MI
Licensed for 29 years

About Celeste
PRACTICE AREAS

Government: 50%

Animal law: 50%
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Judge Celeste Bell credits her father for her work ethic as she takes her oath to serve
By ABC12 News Team | Posted: Wed 12:35 AM, Mar 07, 2018

GENESEE COUNTY (WJRT) - (03/06/1Cool - Judge Celeste Bell is now the newest member of Genesee County's 7th circuit court.

She was sworn in Tuesday evening during a celebration in the courtroom.

The 65-year-old is already making history.

She is the first African American female appointee to Genesee County's circuit court and also hopes to be the first African American woman elected to the bench in November.

Bell was the Chief Assistant prosecuting attorney in the civil division and says she has been preparing for this new role ever since she watched her father serve as a Wayne County circuit court judge.

Judge Bell will be filling the immediate vacancy left by Archie Hayman's resignation.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:04 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If elected bell ill be a one term Judge as she will be over 70 when her
6 year term ends
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:07 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: